Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Palin the next Thomas Eagleton?

I was referring to news sources. Huffington Post is an opinion blog.
    You mean the New York Times isn't?

Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Maybe this country can't be called a "racist country" but it sure has racism imbedded in it's daily experience. While the polls are significantly in favor of Obama currently, how much higher would they be he was a 50 year old white guy? People wonder why Obama isn't 20 points up on Mccain. I think it is pretty clear.

I think our country does have...what? something residual? a heritage? on the race issue. I surely hope that, like a scar, what's left disappears over time.
    IMHO people aren't voting for Obama because he's an inexperienced left-wing empty suit. and his vote against the born-alive act is unconscionable.
    and I hear he's a Steelers fan. Boo!!!
    Last edited by sailorsam; 09-04-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe this country can't be called a "racist country" but it sure has racism imbedded in it's daily experience. While the polls are significantly in favor of Obama currently, how much higher would they be he was a 50 year old white guy? People wonder why Obama isn't 20 points up on Mccain. I think it is pretty clear.
    Indeed it is clear, he is a light-weight empty suit without a single piece of significant legislation to his credit and has yet to run anything. As a kid I got more executive experience here:

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    currently, how much higher would they be he was a 50 year old white guy? People wonder why Obama isn't 20 points up on Mccain. I think it is pretty clear.
    as I recall the last 4 dem nominees (Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry) were all 50ish white males; all got 45-50% of the vote. Perot probably gave the first two elections to Clinton; Nader might have cost Gore.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Last 4 Dems failed to get a majority of the vote ... all got a below 50% plurality.

2 of the last 3 GOPers got more then 50% .... W and Reagan.

Simply put, America is center right and Dems are only in power at times the GOP messes up.

The Palin addition does something the Dems were hoping would not happen -- get the base out to vote!

Thumbs down Re: Palin the next Thomas Eagleton?

Looks like you wre way offbase with that prediction!:happyanim
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I thought I would revive this line of thinking since everyone right, left and center is calling for her resignation as v.p. candidate. McCain has a couple days to make the move. I would think he would want Romney at this point or maybe he would just tell the whole far right to fuck off and bring in his best friend Lieberman. I see civil war coming for the republicans.

Last night after the debate, while Biden was filling in the gaps and reinforcing the flanks for Obama, Palin was at a bar with 300 protesters outside the bar calling for her resignation. That's pretty bad.

R4ecently Biden stated he admitted that he thougth barrack was making poor choices during his campaign... He essentially slammed him for his anti- McCain the old guy ads and such... I don't think Dems have room to talk with weak VP's... He also has stated Hillary woul dbe a better choice, since he was chosen. At least our candidate WANTS to be the Veep....

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    You mean the next Thomas Jefferson.
    WOW!!! Talk about blind faith!!!. You don't need to read any thing about her. Just listen to her! She is as dumb as a post, and just as savvy! Whew! And the GOP is still happy about McCain's choice?

Look, we don't need a prez, or veep who is a "nice guy" or "someone who you would like to have a beer with". We've had that for eight years. We have a president with a lower IQ than your school janitor, and it shows. Sarah Palin is just about the least intellectual person I have ever seen in a public position. We need someone who is smarter than we are, to fix the complete mess this current "good ol' boy" has lowered us into!
    If you would be truthful, you would agree that YOU (I include myself as well!)are not smart enough to fix this mess!. And neither is Palin... or McCain for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Look, we don't need a prez, or veep who is a "nice guy" or "someone who you would like to have a beer with". We've had that for eight years. We have a president with a lower IQ than your school janitor, and it shows. Sarah Palin is just about the least intellectual person I have ever seen in a public position. We need someone who is smarter than we are, to fix the complete mess this current "good ol' boy" has lowered us into!
    If you would be truthful, you would agree that YOU (I include myself as well!)are not smart enough to fix this mess!. And neither is Palin... or McCain for that matter!
    The truth is, and I don't know why, conservative politics doesn't seem to attract intellectuals. Look at the last 20 years. Clinton - Rhodes Scholar, Gore - Nobel Prize, John Kerry - Yale Grad (yeah I know "W" went there too but really???) and Obama - Columbia, Harvard Law, Taught constitutional law for ten years. Those are some impressive resumes.

Republicans can't match this. Bush - won't even debate any intellectual merit about him, Cheney failed out of Yale, McCain - barely made it through USNA with the help of his father, and Palin - went to half a dozen community colleges before finally graduating with a BA from somewhere.

Because of this the repubs try to push this "six pack" mentality on americans. You know, my friends drink six packs wirth the best of them and I don't want any of those knuckleheads running for office let alone VP or President. I mean really, c'mon is it that hard? If I ever meet a president I hope I am completely intimidated and so far out of my league that suggesting we sit down a drink a six pack is the last thought that comes to mind.

I believe the republican mentality is what drives their constituents to vote for them based on blibilical fears, amygdala-based archetypal shadow fears and finally tax and spend fears. These are all illusions. Read Plato and his analogy of the cave - he had it right.

I hope for the day when I am impressed with the intellect of an american president again and not just stoked on the idea that i could drink a beer with the idiot.