Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omg What The F!

Blog Entries

Re: Omg What The F!

if it turns out Simms is the guy, Mortensen at ESPN is going to look like an idiot...he broke the Harrington signing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Can't speak about Culpepper, but apparently Simms is/was actually in Baltimore at the Ravens complex.

I'll have to assume he came in to talk about playing for the Ravens and didn't just drop in there because he came to town for a crabcake sandwich.:grbac:
    Hey! Those are *good* crabcakes!

Let's wait and see. Could have been a money issue with Simms, could be Harrington still gets cut. Nothing is written in stone, yet.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Could have been a money issue with Simms, could be Harrington still gets cut. Nothing is written in stone, yet.
    I've been told that the couldn't come to terms with Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Harrington has not been signed according to PFT. It's being reported by Brent Harris that both Simms and Harrington could be offered deals.
    Latest update from PFT: " Despite a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that free-agent quarterback Joey Harrington has agreed to terms with the Baltimore Ravens, a league source tells us that Harrington has not yet signed — and might not.

Per the source, Harrington has another visit lined up for Tuesday.

We’re not saying that he won’t sign with Baltimore, but as of right now he hasn’t."

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    ok, I usually defend Ozzie, but this is just a GRBAC :grbac: move!
    Except for the fact that Grbac threw for over 4,000 yards and made the Pro Bowl the year before.

if it turns out Simms is the guy, Mortensen at ESPN is going to look like an idiot...he broke the Harrington signing.
    What do you mean "is going to"?

- C -

Some of you guys are so funny with your opinions-as-fact posts. Consider:

1. You don't know what Harrington and Simms asked for in return in order to come to the Ravens - playing time, money, commitments. What if Simms refused to come here for some reason, is Harrington worse then putting Mark Clayton in there, or playing Flacco when he is hurt because we don't have an alternative? And don't tell me "Culpepper" - same question applies. He refused competing against Aaron Rodgers once Favre was retired in the spring, what makes you think he would come here, or that the Ravens didn't try?

2. You aren't a professional scout, these people do this for a career and have to answer to their peers and management as to their success. If they are total bozos in picking people like it's a rotisserie league they don't have a job.

3. This isn't a fantasy league - some people here aren't happy if we don't pick up a Pro Bowl QB the Monday before the season starts. The reality is we are likely a 5-11 to 7-9 team this year, with a suspect line, and questionable WRs, and an injury-prone TE or two, so playing here could doom your career if you are a QB trying to restart your career. Why be fodder in a place like this, this year, only to be cut loose with no reputation left once the Ravens get it together in a year or two?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - IMHO I just think the people who state with such certainty that this guy or that guy stinks are putting their own ego and experience watching a guy on TV after drinking 5 beers against a bunch of professionals who have a pretty decent, albeit imperfect record, doing what they do. It looks a little asinine...

Blog Entries

I'll take Simms, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by awalt View Post
    I just think the people who state with such certainty that this guy or that guy stinks are putting their own ego and experience watching a guy on TV after drinking 5 beers against a bunch of professionals who have a pretty decent, albeit imperfect record, doing what they do. It looks a little asinine...
    Whaddaya mean I'm not a *hic* ekshpurt???!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

ok, I usually defend Ozzie, but this is just a GRBAC :grbac: move!
    Wow what a comment.

One guy is a Pro Bowl the year before, and is signed to be the starter to a very healthy contract. The other is signed when the team has only 1 healthy QB, likely for a minimum or incentive-laden contract. One guy is signed to bring a passing dimension to a very good team who couldn't reliably pass, the other guy is signed to make sure we don't have to play a WR as QB in week 1. One guy is signed to bring a big time passing attack to a higly competent run-based team, the other guy is signed as possibly the only guy with more than 2 games of experience (if Boller is IR'd). One was signed to a team trying to defend a Super Bowl championship; the other is signed possible to avoid a 2-14 season and at least get to 4-12.

To call this a Grbac move assumes you must think all the Ravens have to do is call Simms or Culpepper and they come. Remember, it takes two to tango. And you know nothing about what Simms and Culpepper think, or their appropriateness to fit into this team.

Harrington had a KBoll-like beginning, plugged in as starter for a Lions team just above expansion quality, then to post-Vick Atlanta, which wasn't much better. Maybe the poor guy just needs a decent team to work with.
    having said that...I'd also prefer Simms.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Sorry, I meant to mean a head slapping type move. I would agree, the decision to sign Grbac wasn't a dumb one at the time, although most Baltimore fans would disagree on the grounds "we should've kept Dilfer"...

Now it turns out we may get neither, which would leave Todd Bouman...so I'm REALLY hoping Flacco gets the job done, because if we have to see either him or Harrington at QB, I think our year is done.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!