Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Roster Moves (Sunday, Aug. 31)

The Baltimore Ravens made a number of moves on their roster today. The Ravens claimed and added the following players:

Lamar Divens (DT, 6-3, 333, Rookie, Tennessee State) – Claimed from the San Diego Chargers. His bio is on page 199 on the Chargers’ media guide.

Steven Hauschka (K, 6-2, 185, Rookie, North Carolina State) – Claimed from the Minnesota Vikings. His bio is on page 214 of the Vikings’ media guide.

Baltimore signed the following players to their practice squad:

Casey Bramlet (QB, 6-4, 220, 2nd-year, Wyoming)

Justin Harper (WR, 6-3, 215, Rookie, Virginia Tech)

Joe Reitz (T, 6-7, 270, Rookie, Western Michigan)

Ernie Wheelwright (WR, 6-5, 220, Rookie, Minnesota)

The Ravens have also waived the following player:

J’Vonne Parker (DT, 6-4, 325, 2nd-year, Rutgers)

Re: Ravens Roster Moves (Sunday, Aug. 31)

So Allen Patrick didn't even make the practice squad?

They should just trade away 7th round picks in the future. Add them up to a 6th every 2 or 3 years.

Blog Entries

Harper was a 7th round pick, he made the P Sq...Patrick just didn't look good in preseason. I mean, he was no worse than Haynes, but certainly wasn't a RB I was staking in our future roster. We'll get a better player in the draft next year.

It's funny, we were mentioning J'Vonne Parker getting cut earlier, I didn't think we would, since the coaches were high on him. Guess I was wrong, but we didn't pick up Dre Moore.

Also glad to see Wheelwright on the P Sq, would like to see how he develops over the year and possibly compete for a roster spot NEXT year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Who is Divins and Hauschka? And why?

Is Buddy Lee and Ngata more hurt? And why a kicker now?

Comcast says we signed Marcus Mason of the Skins to the practice squad but no local TV station is reporting it and neither is the Sun.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Blog Entries

The K is likely a KOS, we need one of those constantly.

The DT reaplces J'Vonne Parker, I'm guessing they think he's better than Parker is.

Someone reported we added Mason from the Skins to our P Sq, so we've covered the areas where we have potential IRs (QB - Bramlet, WR - Harper and Wheelwright), and now we're just picking up developmental guys.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ray's bro Keon Lattimore was cut...wonder if Ray is pimping us to sign him? Looks like Lance Ball made the Rams and Haynos made the PS for the Packers.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Comcast says we signed Marcus Mason of the Skins to the practice squad but no local TV station is reporting it and neither is the Sun.
    The Washington Post and Rotoworld reported the same.

I found this forum for Chargers fans speaking about Divens, sounds like they were pretty mad he got cut and picked up by us. fOR EXAMPLE:

One of the dumbest cuts we have made in quite some time. This guy dominated Olines all preseason and McKinney can barely move anyone. This ****es me off.
    You can see the forum here:
    http://forums.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=87827

Sounds like Oz and the pro scouts were doing their job on this one!

Some good reviews on the kicker too!

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Hauschka "has an NFL leg," and Loeffler (Vikings ST coach) agrees.

"He's been tweaking a few things on his field goals, but his kickoffs have been incredible," Loeffler said. "That's something that could definitely get a guy in the league and keep him there for a long time. A guy like him could come in and really do some damage because he can hang it up there for a long time."
    from USA Today:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...78669168_x.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    So Allen Patrick didn't even make the practice squad?

They should just trade away 7th round picks in the future. Add them up to a 6th every 2 or 3 years.
    Ironically, Ravens Special Teams coach Jerry Rosburg talked to Hauschka before the draft and told the kid there was a chance that the team would use their seventh round pick on him. Instead, that pick #240 was used on Allen Patrick. In the end, they get Hauschka anyway, and he makes the 53-man.

Remember that Hauschka also played the whole game against the Ravens in the second preseason outing, kicking off deep and going 3/3 on field goals.

I like the moves we are making (especially Divens) but I would be lying if I told told you I wasn't dissapointed when I didnt see Willie Anderson's name.

Edit: wow I managed to pull off a triple negative. To avoid confusion, I want Willie Anderson to start over Adam Terry at RT.
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 09-01-2008 at 11:29 AM.