Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Final Cut...Ravens pair down to 52 not 53?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ravens Roster Moves

The Ravens have waived the following players:

Adam Bergen (TE, 6-4, 267, 3rd-year, Lehigh)

Casey Bramlet (QB, 6-4, 220, 2nd-year, Wyoming)

Darrell Campbell (DL, 6-4, 295, 1st-year, Notre Dame)

Patrick Carter (WR, 6-3, 195, Rookie, Louisville)

Adrien Clarke (G, 6-5, 330, 4th-year, Ohio State)

Amon Gordon (DT, 6-2, 305, 4th-year, Stanford)

Justin Harper (WR, 6-3, 215, Rookie, Virginia Tech)

Alex Haynes (RB, 5-10, 225, 2nd-year, Central Florida)

Keith Heinrich (TE, 6-6, 255, 5th-year, Sam Houston State)

Adam Kraus (G, 6-6, 295, Rookie, Michigan)

Robert McCune (LB, 6-0, 245, 2nd-year, Louisville)

Allen Patrick (RB, 6-1, 200, Rookie, Oklahoma)

Ronnie Prude (CB, 5-11, 180, 3rd-year, LSU)

Joe Reitz (T, 6-7, 270, Rookie, Western Michigan)

Chad Slaughter (6-8, 340, 5th-year Alcorn State)

Gary Stills (LB, 6-2, 250, 10th-year, West Virginia)

Ernie Wheelwright (WR, 6-5, 220, Rookie, Minnesota)

Lorenzo Williams (DL, 6-0, 310, Rookie, Missouri)

Matt Willis (WR, 5-11, 190, 2nd-year, UCLA)

The Ravens have also placed the following players on Injured Reserve:

David Pittman (CB, 5-11, 185, 3rd-year, Northwestern State)

Cory Ross (RB, 5-6, 205, 3rd-year, Nebraska)

Reminder: CB Fabian Washington has been suspended for the Sept. 7 Bengals' game, as has CB Derrick Martin (see below). A suspended player does not count against a team's roster.

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Derrick Martin of the Baltimore Ravens has been suspended without pay for the team’s first regular-season game and fined one additional game check for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.

Martin’s suspension for the Ravens' first regular-season game will begin on Saturday, August 30. He is eligible to return to the Ravens’ active roster on Monday, September 8 following the team’s September 7 opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.

[Note: The NFL Substance Abuse Policy is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on “Resources” and then “About the NFL.”]

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome:

“With the two suspended players (Derrick Martin and Fabian Washington), that gives us 52 players on the current roster. We will add another player before the opener against the Bengals.”

Re: The Final Cut...Ravens pair down to 52 not 53?

Anwar Philips made the squad?

He must have improved by leaps and bounds from the time he was first cut in camp or they are really hurting for a CB.

Suprised to see Stills cut. I had him as #53 but I guess we are going to need a CB or QB.

Anyone else like Andre Woodson from KY? He has broken most of Peyton's SEC passing records.

some slightly surprising moves... No Bergen, Stills, Patrick, Bramlet, Harper...
    But J'vonne Parker an dAnwar Phillips, Jsameel McClain, Boller and Smith all make it....

Looks like we kept the KOS Piotr. I think we do give away way too many yards on kick coverage with Stover, but I am a little suprised by this.

Looks like we kept the KOS Piotr. I think we do give away way too many yards on kick coverage with Stover, but I am a little suprised by this.
    One point of clarification, Piotr Czech was released earlier to make room for Casey Bramlet.

I thought he was cut earlier in the week. . . Could be misremembering. . . Seemed like a nice guy. I hate to say goodbye to Prude, mostly because my kid has his autograph on a football from training camp this year.

Oh well. He has Nakamura's too, and he's not going anywhere. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Slaughter shocks me. From starter to cut in 2 weeks?! Has Simms been cut? Who will be the #3 QB and backup LT? Any interest in OT W Anderson cut by the Bengals over cash? I doubt it since someone will make him a starter while we're committed to Terry.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Terry backs up Gaither, Krackalick backs him up at RT.

#3 qb? Right now I'm worried about #2. Neither Troy or Kyle seems even close to ready to playing.

I thought Slaughter was remarkable for a street free agent who did not get an invite to camps. He did look pretty fat, and tired quickly. he started the games out very well, but lost teq and stopped moving his feet by the second quarter.
    Hopefully he would not have seen any action anyway, and Gaither then Terry would be the depth chart at LT and Terry and Krac than Cousins in line at RT, 2 guys would need to get hurt for him to be the next man up.

I can see bringing him back and back into the starting lineup at LT if there is an injury though.

Bergen played pretty well, but Jones is going to be much more versatile and valuable on special teams. Practice squad?

They still have the KOS listed on the active roster that has everyone else removed that was cut today, but I guess he is gone, for now.

Cousins will also be tackle depth, as well as Yanda at the RT if absolutely needed I suppose.

We're carrying 5 safetys which is a little much if you ask me.
    I suppose they're giving Reed time, but IMO it is at a cost where other depth could be used.

I have no idea what kind of shape Troy Smith is in right now, but as of yesterday he was in the hospital so we currently have 1 QB that can actually take the field and play.

I'd like to think another RB is in order here to unless Willis has made a miraculous (sp?) recovery.

DB could be shaky as well since both C-mac and Rolle have their issues, Washington and Martin are both suspended for week 1.

Seems to me we are really rolling the dice here in a few areas!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

I like Jameel McClain making the team, the kid has guts and plays with fire, definite Raven type player.

I'm also suprised by Anwar Phillips, though I think he's gone when Washington and Martin are back. Guess the coaches just liked him more than Ronnie Prude.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!