Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cut Down Day Thread

Post any interesting cuts you see here...

To start off, Mike Flynn won't be making the Pats roster, he's expected to be cut today

Giants cut both Anthony "WRONG" Wright and Andre Woodson. Wright I could see as an option for the Ravens to bring in if Boller is done for the year.

Roosevelt Colvin was cut from the Texans

Rumour has it that Rudi Johnson will be released rather than traded today.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Cut Down Day Thread

I really liked Woodson. I would love to see him on the practice squad at least, but would take him over Bramlet on the 53.

Rudi is getting the axe, but I would rather get Mason who was cut by the Skins.

Josh McCown was also traded to the Panthers for a future draft pick.

Willie Anderson is available for that veteran OT depth given his injury concerns.

Lance Ball got cut by Stl. Not too suprising because of the depth they had.

He looked very impressive vs the Ravens, and is just a load to bring down. he really reminds me of Jones Drew without quite as much speed, but incredibly strong for his size and great pad level. He always falls forward and gets the ball in the endzone at a remarkable rate. MD did not throw to him much, but I have seen him work the flats. Keyon really cut into his carries at MD, but his avg was always very impressive.

Wink Re: Cut Down Day Thread

Woodson is surprising. I would take him over Smith or Bramlet, but that's based on watching him in a few SEC games.

AW/Radio? Just say no.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

for those of you up in arms about us not signing Pollard, he was released by the Falcons.

QBs available: Quinn Gray, Joey Harrington, Chris Simms, Brooks Bollinger

Tyler Palko got cut, wouldn't it be funny if we got him to backup Flacco?

Lance Ball AND Keon Lattimore were both cut...Think Ray is going to be campaigning for us to sign Lattimore?

Ashley Lelie was released, making him pretty much the top WR available in FA.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quinn Gray for backup!

4th round pick Dre Moore from MD was cut by TB. I knew they were not going to cut Josh Johnson, but figured it would pinch off a decent player or 2.

I really thought Moore would get drafted higher than the 4th. He had some of the best combine numbers at DT, and is a great pass rushing DT. I figured he was a lock to make the team after they traded the DT/DE to us that was ahead of him.

Crummey and Haynos hit the wire also along with Keyon and Lance Ball. Crummey would have been a decent draft pick, but the broken leg.

I would like to see some of the Terps get a shot on the practice squad, and Moore and Ball on the active roster. They should have drafted Ball instead of Patrick in the first place. They already took Rice and need a power back, not another 3rd down and long guy, a 3rd and short beast like Ball.

Moore has to be better then J'Vonne Parker

Blog Entries

i'm not convinced we're going to pick up another RB...

Le'Ron McClain has shown he can be effective as a RB, and would be the definition of this "power back" you seek. So I think the coaches have him 3rd on the RB depth chart, with Neal sliding into the FB role when he comes in.

If we'd wanted a 3rd string RB, I think Allen Patrick makes the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    i'm not convinced we're going to pick up another RB...

Le'Ron McClain has shown he can be effective as a RB, and would be the definition of this "power back" you seek. So I think the coaches have him 3rd on the RB depth chart, with Neal sliding into the FB role when he comes in.

If we'd wanted a 3rd string RB, I think Allen Patrick makes the team.
    I think McClain can do it, but I am pretty sure Ball can. I really thought he was under rated, and I saw a lot of him in preseason. He just has a knack for finding the seem, lowering his pads and finishing the run. He is also faster than he looks.

I would rather have Dre Moore though if there is only room for one Terp. He is the best Dt I have seen play a lot of games in college since Sapp. Not as good as Sapp, but he is that kind of disruptive interior DT. Not sure what happened in Tampa, but I am pretty sure he can play.