Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante's inferno

Re: Dante's inferno

I think his letter really clears up a lot of misconceptions.

He was offered 2 contracts, but was never even allowed to negotiate as his own agent. He is being treated as if he is not worthy of the respect an agent would get, of at least a conversation.

He has been offered less than 1/3 of Kyle Boller's contract 3 times. He accepted the first one in Oakland, but turned down the next 2. The Steelers made it sound as if he was crazy, when in reality, he would have never seen the feild unless of at least 1 injury, maybe 2.

His problem is his agent, not his attitude. His attitude may have cost him an agent, but the 2 contract offers, while not proof he can play well, are proof he can play. There is not a QB on the roster right now other than Flacco who we can say that about.

I knever wanted to give him a lot of money. I just want to give him a chance to accept a vet minimum deal. They can even put in some incentives and a second year option, or roster bonuses/ playoff or probowl clauses. Too bad he does not have any idea how to fairly negotiate those clauses, or he would most likley have a contract.

I'm sorry, but Culpepper has never shown me what it takes to play in the NFL!!! I would be thoroughly disgusted if the Ravens picked up this consumate LOSER!!

Without Moss, he is nothing!! If you had put Kyle Boler on those Minnesota Teams, people would be saying he is the greatest QB of all time! All you had to do was drop back and throw it as far as you can, Moss was tall and fast enough to snag anything thrown his way deep.

How tall is the average Corner... 5'9, 5'10, Moss was 6'4 with glue hands, fast, and an attitude that every ball in the air was HIS! He MADE Culpepper, not the other way around! Culpepper would make McNair look like a Pro-Bowler!

If we could negotiate a trade with NE for Moss, then I might consider Culpepper, but with what Flacco has shown me the last 2 games, I'm not sure I would even do it then! If Randy Moss was on the Ravens, Flacco would be going to the Pro Bowl this year!!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Wink Re: Dante's inferno

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    At this point, it may make sense to IR both Kyle and Smith, an dmove on with Flacco, Bramlet and another Vet...
    Bingo! Assuming that either/both are out for half the season, they would be essentially useless in 2008. They can try to compete for a backup job here, or elsewhere, next season.

Bramlet looked fairly comfortable in the pocket, but obviously has a long way to go before being ready to be a #2. We need a vet. Hopefully, this will be a busy weekend dealing with NFL cuts. I would like to see Daunte, Beck, Simms, or whomever brought out to Owings Mills this Sunday for try-outs: keep the best one, or maybe even the best two and demote Bramlet to the taxi squad.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    I'm sorry, but Culpepper has never shown me what it takes to play in the NFL!!! I would be thoroughly disgusted if the Ravens picked up this consumate LOSER!!

Without Moss, he is nothing!! If you had put Kyle Boler on those Minnesota Teams, people would be saying he is the greatest QB of all time! All you had to do was drop back and throw it as far as you can, Moss was tall and fast enough to snag anything thrown his way deep.

How tall is the average Corner... 5'9, 5'10, Moss was 6'4 with glue hands, fast, and an attitude that every ball in the air was HIS! He MADE Culpepper, not the other way around! Culpepper would make McNair look like a Pro-Bowler!

If we could negotiate a trade with NE for Moss, then I might consider Culpepper, but with what Flacco has shown me the last 2 games, I'm not sure I would even do it then! If Randy Moss was on the Ravens, Flacco would be going to the Pro Bowl this year!!
    I was not even going to argue this until you said Kyle would have done the same thing. I have to stop you there, because how did you come to that conclusion?

Moss was in Oakland for a couple of years doing squat while Daunte was trying to recover from a horrible knee injury. Moss worked his way out of favor in Minnesota and was widley regarded as an idiot who half assed it half the time and sat out with hamstring injuries and bruises. Daunte was a force in Minnesota. he was a monster runner, could make every throw, and put up a hall of fame level Qb rating.

Who in Oakland was playing like him when Moss was there? Look what he did for Tom Brady's numbers, but did anyone say Moss made Brady? he helps tremendously, but the Qb still has to get him the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Moss was in Oakland for a couple of years doing squat while Daunte was trying to recover from a horrible knee injury. Moss worked his way out of favor in Minnesota and was widley regarded as an idiot who half assed it half the time and sat out with hamstring injuries and bruises. Daunte was a force in Minnesota. he was a monster runner, could make every throw, and put up a hall of fame level Qb rating.

Who in Oakland was playing like him when Moss was there? Look what he did for Tom Brady's numbers, but did anyone say Moss made Brady? he helps tremendously, but the Qb still has to get him the football.
    Yeah, Moss was in Oakland for a while, nursing two hamstring injuries the whole year. And who was his QB there? Was it someone who could throw the football through the uprights while kneeling at the 50-yard line?

That's my point! It doesn't take an accurate passer to excel with Moss in the line-up, only one with a cannon for an arm. If you give him an accurate passer with a cannon, you get a near perfect season, as was evidenced last year!

Of course they didn't say Moss made Brady, Brady already had three more SB Rings than Moss when he went there. That's like saying if Moss went to the Colts he would make Peyton Manning!!

My point is, that without Moss on his team, what is Culpepper's QB rating? I don't know for sure, but I would be willing to bet that it is lower than Bollers'!

And, leaving Boller out of the equation, I would love to see Moss with Troy Smith! He's an exceptionally strong runner, too, with a strong arm. if Moss was on our team, Troy Smith would be awesome, probably a Pro-Bowler, too.

Bottom line is, when your 1 & 2 Receivers both stand 5'10, you need an accurate passer, with a strong arm, that knows the offense perfectly, to make things happen! That is NOT Culpepper!

Brady despite his massive gains in the past few years still does not have a cannon, he has a plus NFL arm, btu not a Cannon. I still find this weird, as he CERTAINLY had a minus NFL arm early in his career.

Andrew Waltewr was in Oakland with a cannon. No line and cement feet, btu a cannon no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Yeah, Moss was in Oakland for a while, nursing two hamstring injuries the whole year. And who was his QB there? Was it someone who could throw the football through the uprights while kneeling at the 50-yard line?

That's my point! It doesn't take an accurate passer to excel with Moss in the line-up, only one with a cannon for an arm. If you give him an accurate passer with a cannon, you get a near perfect season, as was evidenced last year!

Of course they didn't say Moss made Brady, Brady already had three more SB Rings than Moss when he went there. That's like saying if Moss went to the Colts he would make Peyton Manning!!

My point is, that without Moss on his team, what is Culpepper's QB rating? I don't know for sure, but I would be willing to bet that it is lower than Bollers'!

And, leaving Boller out of the equation, I would love to see Moss with Troy Smith! He's an exceptionally strong runner, too, with a strong arm. if Moss was on our team, Troy Smith would be awesome, probably a Pro-Bowler, too.

Bottom line is, when your 1 & 2 Receivers both stand 5'10, you need an accurate passer, with a strong arm, that knows the offense perfectly, to make things happen! That is NOT Culpepper!
    You would lose that bet. Daunte had a 78 Qb rating last year Kyle was around 70.
    The Ravens need a tall WR, but our short guys can get open, a lot of tall guys can't. Williams is no Moss, but he has the size and speed to get open deep.

Moss was in Oakland for 2 seasons, and he was not always hurt, but never played as well as he did with Daunte until he hooked up with Brady.

QB/ WR is like the O line. They can't really be judged fairly individually. You have to look at what is around them. What was in miami went 1-15 when he left. The Raiders O was worse than anything Billick ever did, but improved drastically with Daunte and Kiffin, even with no Moss or #1 WR better than Mason.

Brady despite his massive gains in the past few years still does not have a cannon, he has a plus NFL arm, btu not a Cannon. I still find this weird, as he CERTAINLY had a minus NFL arm early in his career.

Andrew Waltewr was in Oakland with a cannon. No line and cement feet, btu a cannon no less.
    Bottom line is, when you have a receiver like Moss, you only have to throw it within 10' of him, when he's healthy, and he'll catch it!! Problem is, there are no receivers like him!

He is like a Madden receiver that jumps off the screen and the ball magnetically makes it into his hands, I will give you that...

BTW, has anyone ever heard my rant abotu Brady being a poster boy for HGH? JK, I know you all have...

He is like a Madden receiver that jumps off the screen and the ball magnetically makes it into his hands, I will give you that...

BTW, has anyone ever heard my rant abotu Brady being a poster boy for HGH? JK, I know you all have...
    Any one else suspicious about how they can squeeze so many more years out of Seau and Bruschi and HGHarrison? We already know they were coming up with other new ways of cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have never seen such demand for such a washed up hack QB.

Ponderous.

Cut from his last TWO teams ... TWO .... with a QB rating slightly better then mine. He wasnt good enough to play for the Raiders and Dolphins yet some want him in purple.

Truly odd.
    :word I totally agree. Furthermore, THE RAVENS DON'T WANT HIM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    :word I totally agree. Furthermore, THE RAVENS DON'T WANT HIM!!!

how do you KNOW the ravens dont want him?

may i ask you a question?since you seem to know who and who the ravens dont want.if boller has to be on the sidelines for lets say 6 weeks,and smith is shelved for maybe 4 to 6 weeks with his tonils bein removed.who do the ravens want?

then let me get your opinion,who would you like to see come in and be a veteran back-up and help flacco with the learning curve of the NFL??