Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ESPN's best fan ranking

i dont see us as the worst fans or the most ignorant either.personally i think heckling other teams fans is all in fun.they do it right back.as well as i have been to other stadiums and been called names by people that were drinking ice water and red bull.it comes with the territiory.some friends of mine went to clevland,and pittsburgh and came back and told me stories how they were getting things thrown at them and called names for wearing a ray lewis jersey.

i agree some of it can go way to far but sometimes you can get a good laugh.you know what you get sometimes when you go away there are assholes EVERYWHERE.

Back when the Ravens played the Saints in New Orleans, I was outside during halftime ( I smoked then) when I heard a Saints fan from behind me say that he wanted to punch out the next Ravens fan he saw. Well, that fan was me.
    He asked me about the game (the Ravens were killing the Saints at halftime), and I talked about how they weren't out of it yet, they had a bunch of weapons offensively, etc. I then told him what a great time we all were having there.
    He was quite surprised, saying, damn, these Ravens fans are cool! Several other Saints fans agreed with him, because other Ravens fans were out there as well.
    No, I wasn't kissing his ass fearing a beatdown, I just spoke honestly about how I felt. Now the very few who feel the need to get toasted and then rag on the other team deserve whatever they get.
    yes, its good to talk intelligently about the teams and rib each other about shortcomings, but trash talk will get you nowhere.
    Especially do not rag the home team fans if your team is fortunate enough to be beating the shit out of them. Save that for the hotel party!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You are right on. Cheering Boller's injury was the most despicable act I have witnessed in over 40 years of attending literally thousands of sporting events. Then the booing at the Vikings game -- after he received a possible season ending injury. What a bunch of classless lowlifes in our stands....SNIP
    I feel ya T, alot of that shit was happening below me in sect. 120, down in the first 5 rows along the rail and in the bodering sections.
    I sit way up under the overhang but I can still feel the raw anger in my throat when I screamed down at those classless assholes doing that!
    I wouldn't cheer an injury on an opposing teams player but to do it to your own?????

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDAROW View Post
    I feel ya T, alot of that shit was happening below me in sect. 120, down in the first 5 rows along the rail and in the bodering sections.
    I sit way up under the overhang but I can still feel the raw anger in my throat when I screamed down at those classless assholes doing that!
    I wouldn't cheer an injury on an opposing teams player but to do it to your own?????
    Maybe the booing sounded worse than it was because some people were trying to shout them down.

5. Re: ESPN's best fan ranking

Come on guys and girls. No one in that stadium was cheering because Kyle was hurt. They were cheering for change. A quarterback change.

It was a mass bone-headed, knee-jerk fanatic reaction. Hardly a despicable act. I undertsand it might have look like that to an outsider, but anyone who had been following the team should know better then to damn the entire Raven fanbase forever because the fans frustration with Brian Billick stubborness had boiled over.

For the record, I was there. I did not cheer, and I believe Raven fans are the best damn fans in the NFL. :D

The Bungals were 26th, but should be last. From living here, I can tell you firsthand, 95% of Bungs fans are bandwagoners that jumped on during their "championship year" in 2005, when they bought their #9 or #85 cheapo jersey at Target.

Don't toot your horn too much. You fit right in with those MF'ers. Your idea of a good fan is calling fans assholes because they wear a uniform not of your teams colors. Go burn a Yankee hat or Steeler towel, this way you can show everyone what a great fan you are.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Maybe the booing sounded worse than it was because some people were trying to shout them down.
    Good possibility there Jeremiah......There were a bunch of us calling those bastards out....