Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ESPN's best fan ranking

Just another reason to despise ESPN:

Not only did they rank us 17th due to our proximity between Philly and Washington, but they ranked the Steelers #1.

I guess they failed to notice how their stadium empties in the second half when they are losing big games, like the AFC Championship.

If they wanted to rank fans by levels of being obnoxious, overbearing, annoying, and people I'd run over with my car, then the Steelers would be #1

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: ESPN's best fan ranking

The Bungals were 26th, but should be last. From living here, I can tell you firsthand, 95% of Bungs fans are bandwagoners that jumped on during their "championship year" in 2005, when they bought their #9 or #85 cheapo jersey at Target.

All they know is "Rudeeeeeee", Chad, TJ, Carson and that insufferable "who-dey". Ask them who their LT is and they're a deer in headlights.

I thought it was funny they gave us a 2 for tailgating but when ESPN voted on Tailgating they voted baltimore the best. Not only is it crazy they give Pitt #1 but over GreenBay and Dallas is even more of a joke.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I'd rank us at 32nd considering we boo our own players and cheer their injuries.

Right on!!

Where did you get those hypnotic jiggling jugs from? I tried to lift it but only got one grainy frame.
    It does make it hard to read what you write though. The eye keeps wandering back to the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Where did you get those hypnotic jiggling jugs from? I tried to lift it but only got one grainy frame.
    It does make it hard to read what you write though. The eye keeps wandering back to the rack.
    They were "borrowed" from another internet forum about autos....Nice eh??

Thumbs down Re: ESPN's best fan ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'd rank us at 32nd considering we boo our own players and cheer their injuries.

You are right on. Cheering Boller's injury was the most despicable act I have witnessed in over 40 years of attending literally thousands of sporting events. Then the booing at the Vikings game -- after he received a possible season ending injury. What a bunch of classless lowlifes in our stands. Regardless of having 70,000 faithful each week who can intimidate opponents, decent tailgating, colorful garb, etc., I can't see how we can be considered any better than Browns bottle tossers, Eagles fans cheering opponent players injuries, or in-bred Stiller fans.

While I am in a bitchy mood: we also bring out the worst at many away games. I have cringed frequently when some drunken Ravens fans taunt the home team fans in their own houses, and wind up in fights and ejectment. It's often $1,000 to attend an away game -- why spend that kind of money to get in a fight and booted from the stadium?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You are right on. Cheering Boller's injury was the most despicable act I have witnessed in over 40 years of attending literally thousands of sporting events. Then the booing at the Vikings game -- after he received a possible season ending injury. What a bunch of classless lowlifes in our stands. Regardless of having 70,000 faithful each week who can intimidate opponents, decent tailgating, colorful garb, etc., I can't see how we can be considered any better than Browns bottle tossers, Eagles fans cheering opponent players injuries, or in-bred Stiller fans.

While I am in a bitchy mood: we also bring out the worst at many away games. I have cringed frequently when some drunken Ravens fans taunt the home team fans in their own houses, and wind up in fights and ejectment. It's often $1,000 to attend an away game -- why spend that kind of money to get in a fight and booted from the stadium?
    Shame on the booing injuries. For sure. But no way are our fans worse than Philly fans. I never heard such disturbing commentary from ordinary looking people. They were talking about hurting someone the whole time. Do you remember when Irvin got hurt?

The Clowns and the bottles has to worse than anything we say also. Throwing around insults and threats is one thing, raining down bottles is a mob action crime.

Gotta agree here.

Some of the shit I've seen on road trips is flat out embarrassing.

PP

You are right on. Cheering Boller's injury was the most despicable act I have witnessed in over 40 years of attending literally thousands of sporting events. Then the booing at the Vikings game -- after he received a possible season ending injury. What a bunch of classless lowlifes in our stands....SNIP
    I feel ya T, alot of that shit was happening below me in sect. 120, down in the first 5 rows along the rail and in the bodering sections.
    I sit way up under the overhang but I can still feel the raw anger in my throat when I screamed down at those classless assholes doing that!
    I wouldn't cheer an injury on an opposing teams player but to do it to your own?????

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDAROW View Post
    I feel ya T, alot of that shit was happening below me in sect. 120, down in the first 5 rows along the rail and in the bodering sections.
    I sit way up under the overhang but I can still feel the raw anger in my throat when I screamed down at those classless assholes doing that!
    I wouldn't cheer an injury on an opposing teams player but to do it to your own?????
    Maybe the booing sounded worse than it was because some people were trying to shout them down.