Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Falcons (preseason)

Flacco was OK. Made a couple nice throws, no mistakes. Very wary of him starting game 1, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    On what principle?

So far I am ho-hum on the game. But not that Flacco is out I have no interest.
    Yeah I'd like to know what principle too, I missed the early part of this game, but even from what I've seen from Bramlet would maybe offer he start over Troy, who IMO has looked neck and neck with Bramlet as the worst in purple this preseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    On what principle?

So far I am ho-hum on the game. But not that Flacco is out I have no interest.
    That we don't want to pull another Boller and have the kids psyche destroyed early......but I will say he looks more poised than I've ever seen Boller. Basically, you don't want to start your rookie QB unless you HAVE to....;)

NFL qb history for the most part has suggested that letting qb's sit and wait usually produces a better "return on the investment", but from what I am reading it seems like Flacco has been continually improving.

I had to admit it but Ben R (I don't want to mention his full name because of the team he is on) is a good example as an exception to the rule as he came in during his first season due to qb injuries, quite possibly like Mr. Flacco next week. Of course, Mr. R had a much stronger supporting cast than Mr. Flacco could next week.

Pretty sure Flacco will be starting Sept 7th...by default.

Sucks for Troy personally, but this sickness he has been dealing with likely has cost him any shot of ever starting here without an injury.

Once Flacco is starting, he is not coming out.

Blog Entries

I think Flacco starts next week, but unless he lights it up, Harbs wants him on the bench. Basically, we want him to learn and not take a beating until he's ready. Troy will probably see action in the game and start week 2.

Blog Entries

Bramlet to Willis...nice pass!!

Blog Entries

The Harper play looked good too, but I think the Ravens got a gift there. Ball went through Harper's hands, he SHOULD have caught that.

If Marcus Smith recuperates in time, we might not see Harper making this team as a 6th WR. Willis on the other hand might have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn
    Once Flacco is starting, he is not coming out.
    Until he gets hurt. Which is likely to happen.

Blog Entries

oh man, Harper I think you just wrote your ticket to the Practice Squad...jeesh.

26 yard punt return, should've been maybe 8, but slew of missed tackles.

I understand the thought in waiting to start a rookie until he is comfortable with the game so that he doesn't get discouraged and beaten up mentally and physically...HOWEVER..should injuries actually bring Flacco into the starting role earlier than expected and he shows the type of growth within the first two weeks of the regular season that he has shown in the past week, don't you think it would actually do worse for his confidence to then remove him as the starter and tell him that he goes back to the bench because Troy, who has not shown the success in the pre-season that Flacco has, is back from tonscilitis. I think the worst thing you could do after giving a guy the starting job is to take it away from him and give it to someone less talented.

Blog Entries

it just occurred to me...How far has Joey Harrington fallen when he's BEHIND DJ Shockley on the depth chart?

Jameel McClain nice sack...shame he probably won't make the team with the slew of LBs we have.