Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Falcons (preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    oh man, Harper I think you just wrote your ticket to the Practice Squad...jeesh.
    tackles.
    What happened?

Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Falcons (preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by eholbro1 View Post
    What happened?
    Just a ton of dropped passes for Harper...I watched two series and saw at least 2-3 dropped passes by Harper alone. One through his hands, but there was a penalty, another was just coughed up when he got tackled. He needed to show he could make some catches, hasn't made one yet.

And now, throw to Harper was picked, though that wasn't his fault.

3. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Falcons (preseason)

Just a ton of dropped passes for Harper...I watched two series and saw at least 2-3 dropped passes by Harper alone. One through his hands, but there was a penalty, another was just coughed up when he got tackled. He needed to show he could make some catches, hasn't made one yet.

And now, throw to Harper was picked, though that wasn't his fault.
    Did it look like a bad drop or something that was caused by the tackle?

Oh yeah if Marcus Smith gets put on IR who is gonna be the 5th receiver and maybe 6th

I didn't see too much of the game, but from what I did see in the second half, Bramlet didn't actually look that bad. Considering he was just signed one or two games ago, he was much better than I thought he would be.

Bramlet signed one or two games ago??? Try he just was signed and arrived today!

Quote Originally Posted by donnaj;
    Bramlet signed one or two games ago??? Try he just was signed and arrived today!
    :bag:

My bad, I meant to type days, not games. I know he just got here, that's why I was impressed from what I saw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eholbro1 View Post
    Did it look like a bad drop or something that was caused by the tackle?

Oh yeah if Marcus Smith gets put on IR who is gonna be the 5th receiver and maybe 6th
    Willis looked better than Harper did, he would make it first.

Harper would be the 6th if Smith goes on PUP/IR, but they were all catches that needed to be made. The one through his hands was questionable, since the foul was hands to the face, but I think that was before the pass was thrown, so he should've been able to make the catch. The other drop I saw in particular was one you have to hold onto, it wasn't a hard hit, the receiver was just in close coverage and hit him when he made the catch.

Regardless, it's telling that he only caught one pass in 4 preseason games. Matt Willis had 4 for 28 before today, and 1 for 32 yards today.

Also, to add on Bramlet, he was signed THIS AFTERNOON. Yeah, so he had maybe 3-4 hours to skim a playbook. Well played, I hope he gets a shot to stick here, though if Boller is done, we want someone who can potentially start
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

8. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Falcons (preseason)

Willis looked better than Harper did, he would make it first.

Harper would be the 6th if Smith goes on PUP/IR, but they were all catches that needed to be made. The one through his hands was questionable, since the foul was hands to the face, but I think that was before the pass was thrown, so he should've been able to make the catch. The other drop I saw in particular was one you have to hold onto, it wasn't a hard hit, the receiver was just in close coverage and hit him when he made the catch.

Regardless, it's telling that he only caught one pass in 4 preseason games. Matt Willis had 4 for 28 before today, and 1 for 32 yards today.

Also, to add on Bramlet, he was signed THIS AFTERNOON. Yeah, so he had maybe 3-4 hours to skim a playbook. Well played, I hope he gets a shot to stick here, though if Boller is done, we want someone who can potentially start
    we just have to wait and see whats happens.... hopefully they will put him on the practice squad and give him some more time to develope.

Blog Entries

i'd agree, I think he should be developed, he looked good in TC and OTA, but like Marcus Smith, had a tough time translating it on the field.

Some other team could take a flier on him, but I doubt it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    :bag:

My bad, I meant to type days, not games. I know he just got here, that's why I was impressed from what I saw.
    I was under the impression he was signed on Thursday morning, and played Thusday night. About a 12 hour turn-around. Am I worng on this?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

What I heard from the game commentators was that he signed in the afternoon yesterday, though they said he caught a red-eye flight from San Diego to Baltimore, so that would put him here morning or noon time.

In any case, going on little sleep, not a lot of time to digest the playbook, didn't look half bad. I fully expected us to be running Cam out on every huddle to draw up what play they wanted to run so Bramlet knew what to do, but he looked like he actually grasped the offense okay. Is it enough for him to stick around? Only if Boller can play again sometime this year. But the guy deserves mad props for looking halfway decent in that kind of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    we have decent backups? ;)
    You took the words right out of my mouth! "Shakespeare!"