Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Boller's Deep Ball

Anyone calling for McNair to be benched for Boller is totally insane or a troll. Even the defeated Steelers are singing McNair's praises and still ridiculing Boller.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 12-30-2006 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Anyone else who's not a Boller hater happy to see that Kyle's deep ball has come along?

1st, i would give credit to Newsome for finally upgrading our Recievers in the last two years.

To think that Boller started off throwing to Frank Sanders, Marcus Dropinson, Travesty Taylor . . .

Now he's throwing to Mason, Clayton, and D Will, probably a top 3 WR combo out there.

Secondly, starting with the 2nd half of last season, Boller's deep ball has been far more on target. All the deep and intermediate balls he threw 2nd half of last year come to mind.

Then yesterday, the strikes to Williams (the 1st one and also the 77 yarder) as well as the strike to Clayton. they were all very on target.

Maybe Billick was right to some extent. Hopefully the coaching staff and McNair have taught Kyle to be more acurate on the deep ball. Also, pass protection has improved.

Maybe kudos should go to the departed Fassel for some of Kyles improvement.
    It's amazing when I look back at these posts. Correction: it's hilarious. I knew even after the Boller RicochetFest vs. Carolina and the deep bomb to D-Will that he was pretty much the same bumbling 1st round bust quarterback that we grew to hate and love and hate over the past 3 years. How? Because for every big play he makes, he'll make one or two big plays for the other guys. Pick your poison: fumble, interception, a combination of both (hello Denver!), maybe a trip over his own feet for good measure. But no matter how many left feet Boller has, or how many times he'll grin after throwing his 3rd pick of the game, he'll always have that one play that shows he's i-m-p-r-o-v-i-n-g! I think by the time Boller turns 40, he'll have the sufficient experience necessary to be a half decent quarterback, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    It's amazing when I look back at these posts. Correction: it's hilarious. I knew even after the Boller RicochetFest vs. Carolina and the deep bomb to D-Will that he was pretty much the same bumbling 1st round bust quarterback that we grew to hate and love and hate over the past 3 years. How? Because for every big play he makes, he'll make one or two big plays for the other guys. Pick your poison: fumble, interception, a combination of both (hello Denver!), maybe a trip over his own feet for good measure. But no matter how many left feet Boller has, or how many times he'll grin after throwing his 3rd pick of the game, he'll always have that one play that shows he's i-m-p-r-o-v-i-n-g! I think by the time Boller turns 40, he'll have the sufficient experience necessary to be a half decent quarterback, maybe.
    So we should all be jumping for joy at the shit brick McNair laid in the most important game in Ravens history, right? Actually, YOU'RE the one who's hilarious. (If it weren't all so pathetically sad.) Enjoy the games tomorrow. And remember how thankful we all are to Steve McNair for blowing -- along with Billick's shitass play calling and game planning -- our opportunity to host the AFC C. (And don't forget the lack of a single offensive touchdown in 8 consecutive quarters. That's the mark of a REAL QUALITY QB Leader -- I don't want to leave anything out of Steve's immaculate Ravens resume.)

GO RAVENS!!!

And maybe by the time McNair is 50 he'll have a ring.

Let's see here; We had a shot to keep the second seed when we played Buffalo. McNair put up a 70 QB rating with no TDs and an INT. Thank goodness for our defense because McNair choked in a big game.

Against the Colts? McNair tosses a couple of INTs (one being on the one yard line). The defense can do nothing but sit back and watch as McNair chokes yet again.

Good call on the hiding you've been doing for the past week. Do it some more please.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This team may not have even made the playoffs without Steve McNair and you two are acting like it's his fault we're not playing on Sunday.

Before I go any further, you might want to address this pretty important point.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    Oh like he did in his only SB trip?

I too have been watching football since before the 60's and have seen many great QB's come and go. Steve McNoodle is not one of them. McNoodle was nothing but a tease and heartbreaker in Tennessee and he will eventually break our hearts too. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. I only hope BB can find another excuse to bench his rag armed ass like he did sunday when we need some offense in the playoffs.

Of course this is just my opinion, yours may differ.
    Looks like POPSinPA did have a point! (Last sentence was right on)

This team may not have even made the playoffs without Steve McNair and you two are acting like it's his fault we're not playing on Sunday.

Going 16 - 0 in the regular season is meaningless if you're going to put up 6 points in your first playoff game.

And in case you weren't watching last week's game, it is McChoke's fault we're not playing today. If you can't admit that you are in a serious state of denial.

And people wonder why I say Fade knows nothing about football?

It is McNairs fault we're not playing on Sunday. Three turnovers and less than a 50 QB rating.

You are the same pack of hypocrites that blamed Boller for the Carolina loss.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Don't worry Darb. I've gotten to that point with FTB as well. Lots of lost respect for that cat.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    And people wonder why I say Fade knows nothing about football?

It is McNairs fault we're not playing on Sunday. Three turnovers and less than a 50 QB rating.

You are the same pack of hypocrites that blamed Boller for the Carolina loss.
    The sheer stupidity of some of the posters here is brain-numbing, along with the twisted logic and utter hypocrisy. For those of you morons in need of severe remedial help:

1. Whether or not we would have made the playoffs without McNair is irrelevant because NO ONE has the answer to that pure speculation -- MAYBE we would have, and MAYBE we wouldn't have.

2. McNair ABSOLUTELY was the PRIMARY REASON for our loss against Indy. HE STUNK. Period! And EVERYBODY here knows that if Boller had had anywhere NEAR as bad a day, he'd have been pelted on his way to the locker room after the game. Any one of you McNair asslickers who doesn't acknowldege that is both a moron AND a bold faced liar.

GO RAVENS!!!