Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Sign New QB?

What I smell in all this is that the Ravens have a better idea of what Kyle's injury entails than what has gotten out to us in the press. Sure seems like a real possibility of IR based solely on hearing of this move.

Blog Entries

maybe I'm being nieve, but I think this might just be a body to protect Troy and Joe's health in this game, considering that if Troy can't play this week, Flacco might be starting week 1 by default. If he is, we'd be nuts to play him all 4 quarters.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just say no to Pepper.

Just because he is the best out there doesnt mean he's good. He is the "best" of a very bad lot.

Cut by his last TWO teams. Hasnt done dick since Moss left him. He has only played 18 games in the last 3 years. His final year at Oakland, he managed a 58.1 rating and had 5 pickels in 7 games.

Enough said.
    Really don't know what Daunte did to get on your bad side, but don't make up numbers to justify your bias.

He had a QB rating of 78, not 58 last year, and he got cut because they were ready to start the #1 pick in the draft.

Miami was a disaster in the making about to go 1-15. They unloaded all the injury risk veterans on the team including Zack Thomas.

How can you be right about daunte and John Clayton be wrong? Not likley.

They may not bring him in because they plan on starting Troy and eventually Joe, so they are only looking for backups, but if they need a starter, he is by far the best option on the market.

The problem about Culpepper is that not only would he ask for more than the vet minimum (cf. Pittsburgh) but he would also lobby to be the starter. We're in too deep now to get someone who wants to start

I love it how everyone says the season's in the tank, but they want to bring in an expensive, whiny QB who isn't all that good. What for?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    The problem about Culpepper is that not only would he ask for more than the vet minimum (cf. Pittsburgh) but he would also lobby to be the starter. We're in too deep now to get someone who wants to start

I love it how everyone says the season's in the tank, but they want to bring in an expensive, whiny QB who isn't all that good. What for?
    I couldn't agree more. I love how he is being praised as this really good QB, don't you think there is a reason we are 1 week away from the season and not 1 of the other 31 teams have signed him, he is expensive not very good, a health risk and again not very good. Yes he had a good seaosn or 2 but that was with Randy Moss and no bad knee, just let it go he is not coming here. You talk about how Clayton is right and we are wrong, well then there is a reason our entire FO have not looked at him and you keep begging for the washup to come...you are wrong
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Wink Re: Ravens Sign New QB?

I'm not at all happy with the way that Harbaugh & company are handling this. Between Smith, Flacco, and Bramlet, there is a sum total of two fuckin' NFL starts. That spells disaster. Like or dislike Culpepper: he is experienced and has had many good pre-injury years, and he very well could be back to form by now. The only thing good coming out of this move is that it shows me that the FO has a plan in place to succeed Smith at the end of 2009 - his final contract year.

Maybe there's hope here: Casey Bramlet may wind up on the practice squad if either Boller's injury is not a season-ender or if Boller is IR'd and a vet is signed -- Culpepper or Simms immediately come to mind, but hell ... I'd even look at Tim Couch at this juncture.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Who the hell is Casey Bramlet?!

What is the front office smoking?

This might be enough for me to jump on the Dante bandwagon.
    Not that it means anything but...

June 23, 2007 NFL Europe Frankfurt Galaxy 28, Hamburg Sea Devils 37 YELLO STROM WORLD BOWL XV Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt, Germany Attendance: 48,125 Washington Redskins-allocated quarterback Casey Bramlet threw for 347 yards and four touchdowns as the Hamburg Sea Devils clinched a first World Bowl crown in team history with a 37-28 victory against the host Frankfurt Galaxy.

Flacco needs someone to take some of the reps off of him.Can't have Flacco's arm getting too tired can we.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'm not at all happy with the way that Harbaugh & company are handling this. Between Smith, Flacco, and Bramlet, there is a sum total of two fuckin' NFL starts. That spells disaster. Like or dislike Culpepper: he is experienced and has had many good pre-injury years, and he very well could be back to form by now. The only thing good coming out of this move is that it shows me that the FO has a plan in place to succeed Smith at the end of 2009 - his final contract year.

Maybe there's hope here: Casey Bramlet may wind up on the practice squad if either Boller's injury is not a season-ender or if Boller is IR'd and a vet is signed -- Culpepper or Simms immediately come to mind, but hell ... I'd even look at Tim Couch at this juncture.
    Tim Couch has been out of football too long and was never any good.

Daunte may not have been able to stick around on a team recently, but he has been in the NFL, and was offered a deal or two this offseason. Just not a good one or a starting one.

He has had more incredible games without Randy Moss, (who missed plenty of games with various injuries, and took plenty of plays off even when he was out there, back then) than Kyle Boller will ever have. The Moss argument is really a dumb one. Of course he helps the QB. look at what he did for Brady's numbers. It does not mean the Qb can not play without him, or he will be able to play just because he is out there, see Oakland.

I don't think the division is too tough. Even if it was, you never know if a starting QB gets hurt and changes everything.

There are not more than 15 really good Qbs in the NFL. Daunte is the best shot we have at having a top 15 this year. With the rest of what we have, Defense and a running game, poss WRs and solid to spectacular special teams, we can and should most definitly plan to contend now. At least until we are out of contention, and then we start building for next year, getting the rookie QB all the PT, backed up by Troy.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

With the state of things at QB right now I'd have everyone going through the motions of trying out at QB.Even Todd Maranovich if he stopped skateboarding and smoking weed long enough.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

I gotta think at least one QB is shaking loose in TB this weekend:

Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Josh Johnson (draft pick from this year), Luke McCown...Although they could just cut McCown and keep 4, but I'm hoping they cut at least one of Simms or Griese (would be Garcia, but he's definitley the starter there).
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'd be happy if they cut McCown and we could pick him up, he looked very good IMO when he deputised for Garcia. Simms is the most likely cut there, he's almost a dead cert by most reports I've read and if these reports are to be believed he's headed back to Texas to be the Cowboys' #3 and be groomed to be Romo's back up in '09.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Not that it means anything but...

June 23, 2007 NFL Europe Frankfurt Galaxy 28, Hamburg Sea Devils 37 YELLO STROM WORLD BOWL XV Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt, Germany Attendance: 48,125 Washington Redskins-allocated quarterback Casey Bramlet threw for 347 yards and four touchdowns as the Hamburg Sea Devils clinched a first World Bowl crown in team history with a 37-28 victory against the host Frankfurt Galaxy.

Flacco needs someone to take some of the reps off of him.Can't have Flacco's arm getting too tired can we.
    I don't know why you guys are being so down on this dude.

Dude's a WORLD BOWL winner.

Casey Bramlet is the future people! You heard it here first.

FellsPointRaven - Official Casey Bramlet Pimp