Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Sign New QB?

Comcast SportsNet is reporting that the Ravens will sign QB Casey Bramlet. Bramlet was with the Miami Dolphins last year and was cut by the San Diego Chargers recently. He was drafted in the 7th round of the 2004 NFL Draft by Cincinnati.

Bramlet has spent time with Ravens' QB Coach Hue Jackson and with OC Cam Cameron last year in Miami. He has played in as many NFL regular season games as me.

Blog Entries

Boller down, Bramlet up

We've added another qb to the roster, obviously because Boller is going to be on IR.

The qb is Casey Bramlet. He's been in Camerons offensive books and has background with him. We'll see how this turns out.....

Re: Ravens Sign New QB?

More thoughts on the pending Bramlet signing

Ok, so.........WHAT??????

I'm not supporting the Ravens bringing Culpepper in here. But damn, I will take Culpepper over someone who's name I have just heard for the first time!

Say what you want about Boller, but you're going to bring in a guy who has 5 total pass completions in 5 years?

Wow.

I would say that this dude is being brought in for nothing more then to relieve Flacco and Boller of practice reps with the back-ups, practice squad, etc.
    That and to be an emergency QB incase something happens to both Flacco and Smith.

I don't think we need to break the bank on a QB that basically the coaching staff, front office, etc. hopes will never see the field.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Who the hell is Casey Bramlet?!

What is the front office smoking?

This might be enough for me to jump on the Dante bandwagon.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Dante is probably one of the best options out their talent wise but this locker room can't handle another mouthy brat. Bringing in a thug like Henry would have been one thing, he can play when he's not in jail and isn't constantly whining. But having another bitch boy like Dante won't work.

Just say no to Pepper.

Just because he is the best out there doesnt mean he's good. He is the "best" of a very bad lot.

Cut by his last TWO teams. Hasnt done dick since Moss left him. He has only played 18 games in the last 3 years. His final year at Oakland, he managed a 58.1 rating and had 5 pickels in 7 games.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just say no to Pepper.

Just because he is the best out there doesnt mean he's good. He is the "best" of a very bad lot.

Cut by his last TWO teams. Hasnt done dick since Moss left him. He has only played 18 games in the last 3 years. His final year at Oakland, he managed a 58.1 rating and had 5 pickels in 7 games.

Enough said.
    Agreed but then whats the point of bringing in this Bramlet guy. What so he can take a few reps from the practice squad level guys and then be cutted in a week. This move just doesn't make sense to me.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Agreed but then whats the point of bringing in this Bramlet guy. What so he can take a few reps from the practice squad level guys and then be cutted in a week. This move just doesn't make sense to me.
    Oh, I agree with you there too.

I guess because this Bramlet guy is familiar with the Cameron way of doing things.

I have no problem bringing in somebody we never heard of to be #3. The depth chart would be: Smith/Flacco/Somebodyweneverheardof.

That's how we go into the season. Why should our #3 be Culpepper? Why should we bring in Culpepper, as yet another person to compete for the #1 spot?

Come on, Bramlet!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I hate to say this, but I am not feeling very good about the season. :(

Our QB's are mediocre at best; the offense has more holes that swiss cheese, injuries are stacking up, especially with the possibility of more being but on IR. I hope I am wrong but this could be another tough season.
    RavensFan