Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

I really wonder what the veterans on this team would think if they didn't at least try to get a vet in here if Boller is done for the season.

I certainly don't think they will be happy or quiet about it.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I really wonder what the veterans on this team would think if they didn't at least try to get a vet in here if Boller is done for the season.

I certainly don't think they will be happy or quiet about it.

PP
    It'd been an interesting test of whether the players actually "wanted Smith" or "wanted anyone but Boller". Could be a litmus test for Smith's future with the team if the players were to decide by their reactions to whoever we bring in if Boller is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    If its a season-ending injury, would prefer to see a vet QB brought in. I shudder to think about our season with the 45% passing of Smith, the raw Flacco, and another green recruit. The "under" at 5 could be pretty attractive.
    Wins are the least of our problems this season. After a decade of piss poor o-lineman Ozzie has managed to outdo himself and field the worst o-line in the history of the game. We need to worry about keeping players healthy now, so they may be able to play in a couple years when we may be a competitor again. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't win more than 5 games in this offense.

4. Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Wins are the least of our problems this season. After a decade of piss poor o-lineman Ozzie has managed to outdo himself and field the worst o-line in the history of the game. We need to worry about keeping players healthy now, so they may be able to play in a couple years when we may be a competitor again. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't win more than 5 games in this offense.
    Tom Brady & Peyton would be casualties behind this offensive Offensive line.... Our faithful GM and his QB's------->

On the play where Boller was injured, Chester was knocked into the backfield like he was wearing roller skates. And some of you guys want our prized rookie QB behind this?

I'm leaning toward the idea of putting Smith back there and letting him run for his life until he finally gets clobbered too. And maybe we can bring in Jeff George to play behind this line, since I've never liked him.

This pessimism is seriously killing me, I don't even know why I bother reading this board anymore

In the beginning of the off-season, things were great, new HC, everybody being optimistic, then we drafted Flacco, and in general people were happy. Now we're a week away from the beginning of the season, and this is the worst team ever and we have no chance of doing anything

Good grief! Let's talk about how are season sucks AFTER the first couple of games, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    This pessimism is seriously killing me, I don't even know why I bother reading this board anymore

In the beginning of the off-season, things were great, new HC, everybody being optimistic, then we drafted Flacco, and in general people were happy. Now we're a week away from the beginning of the season, and this is the worst team ever and we have no chance of doing anything

Good grief! Let's talk about how are season sucks AFTER the first couple of games, yeah?

That is all I have been saying. We can beat the Bungles. Lets just focus on that for now if looking down the road makes the faithful tremble.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Come on now, don't go overboard. Our middle is pretty decent. Terry is pretty decent at tackle. So we need another decent tackle. I'm not a Gaither fan just yet.

Now depth, that's is big issue.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post

Thats right, and in that time we've had major injuries to some of our important positions, a HC that seems to like hiding information from everyone like......ohhhhhh.......injuries to the team, a QB situation that has been in flux since training camp opened up; need I go on?

Things are a bit different than the beginning of the off-season.

Paging Steve McNair....
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Paging Steve McNair....
    How is the groin? Can you throw? Come on in.

He is still on the salary cap books at least. He may as well hold a clipboard and collect some cash as the backup and mentor to Joe and Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    NST is reporting that the Ravens are worried that Boller might have a season-ending shoulder injury...possibly a torn labrum.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Thats right, and in that time we've had major injuries to some of our important positions, a HC that seems to like hiding information from everyone like......ohhhhhh.......injuries to the team, a QB situation that has been in flux since training camp opened up; need I go on?

Things are a bit different than the beginning of the off-season.
    Please.

The sky I am looking at isnt falling.

And you act like we have the only head coach in the league that doesnt talk about injuries. 90% of the other HC's do it so to accuse Harbs of being "secretive" is just silly and completely discounting all the other coaches in the league.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I've said all along the Boller's biggest problems were poor pass blocking lines that rarely gave him enough time to survey the field before he either got clobbered or had to run for his life, and mediocre receivers on top of that. Boller haters blamed all the offensive woes on him and Billick. Well, you can't have a top 10 offense without a good line and good receivers, and that's the job of the GM and scouts.
    Al

well there are a few of you out there who really beat me up for this chant

"culpepper culpepper culpepper culpepper"

i dont look so dumb now do i?

like i said from the jump lets sign a veteran to go with the 2 BUMS we already have.granted boller is now hurt and it could be serious and smith has a sore throat.but niether might be ready to go sept 7 or even after that.

i have said lets give flacco the ball and let him learn on the fly.or bring in a vet who has had success.so would it hurt if we called up culpepper like hey buddy wanna come play for the ravens for a year????????