Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    At the time you first suggested bringing in Dante it was a stupid idea IMO. But things change day to day in the NFL. I don't see us bringing in Dante and would prefer it if we didn't, but it makes a hella lot more sense now then it did 2 weeks ago.
    im not to sure if i had posted it and very sorry if i didnt.but i liked the thought of him coming in at the beginging of camp name him the starter and let boller and smith fight to see who makes the team.with that said your right we need something and we need something FAST.

as for kyle boller being ruined because he was thrown into the wolves.well that sounds like some b/s if you ask me.is P.Manning ruined?what about ben from the sorry ass steelers?lets go back in time when aikmen from the cowboys went 1-15 with the cowboys and turned out to win 3 super bowls?are all these guys ruined or were they?thats just a few examples....there are plenty more.

so what i am getting at here kyle just doesnt and never had what it takes to be very good in the NFL.he is ALWAYS rattled.big game,meaningless game,pressure,no pressure.he sucks just cant do it.flacco seems to be a little more relaxed at this point then what kyle did at this time when he started early.there aint any wolves and there isnt any reason why flacco shouldnt get a chance to go out there and compete on opening day and start for the baltimore ravens.

Wink Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    At the time you first suggested bringing in Dante it was a stupid idea IMO. But things change day to day in the NFL. I don't see us bringing in Dante and would prefer it if we didn't, but it makes a hella lot more sense now then it did 2 weeks ago.
    Just my opinion: Culpepper gives us the best chance of being competitive this season of all the names being tossed about. And I think that Culpepper has a better chance of returning to his pre-injury form this year than Flacco has a chance of having the game slow down for him, or of Smith passing for 50% or growing a few inches.

My hope is that the FO is just leaking a bunch of names - Beck, Bramlat, Hill etc. - as a stalking horse to posture Culpepper's agent to back down his demands. Culpepper has no other option out there where he could be starting within a few weeks.

If not Culpepper: please give us Simms, Harrington, even Redman. I fear a big ass losing season under Flacco too early, or under Smith at all.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

According to Ozzie, Boller Doesn't Need Surgery at this time, and may still be able to play this year.

Make of it what you will.....
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Fuck that Festivus...That is a shitty position to take. Nobody wanted to see Kyle get a season ending injury...if thats what it actually is.
    Hey Crazy, I didn't mean it like that. I know even Boller's worst critics (the ones here, anyway) wouldn't wish an injury on him. My comment was a bit of understatement, the proverbial whistling past the graveyard.

I should have put some kind of smiley or something there. This one's for you: :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    According to Ozzie, Boller Doesn't Need Surgery at this time, and may still be able to play this year.

Make of it what you will.....
    IMO it's purely a smokescreen.

To IR Boller now with surgery takes away what little leverage they have now in either trading for or signing a QB.

I be very surprised if this time next week we didn't have a new QB on the team and Boller on IR.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    IMO it's purely a smokescreen.

To IR Boller now with surgery takes away what little leverage they have now in either trading for or signing a QB.

I be very surprised if this time next week we didn't have a new QB on the team and Boller on IR.

PP
    Yup, I took it as a load of crap myself.
    I think the key words here are "at this time".

If it was me, I wouldn't trade for anybody right now.
    I'd wait to see who gets cut.
    We're already spending draft picks to fill holes with injurys for roational and depth guys.
    I doubt whoever we may get to replace Boller will be looked at to come in and start.
    I'm a thinkin' they're more looking at somebody to be the #3 and are set on Flacco and Smith as the #1 & #2 QBs.
    Not necessarily in that order though. although that wouldn't surprise me right now either.

Hopefully we can get through tommorrow night with Flacco in one piece and see what shakes loose next week.

What a freakin' mess!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

They already got a new #3 or at least that is what I just heard on some AM station on my way home... Casey Bramlett/ He was on MIA's practice squad last year, learnign Cam's system.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They already got a new #3 or at least that is what I just heard on some AM station on my way home... Casey Bramlett/ He was on MIA's practice squad last year, learnign Cam's system.
    Bramlet was just recently cut by SD.

I know there was some interest.

Maybe it just happened?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Just my opinion: Culpepper gives us the best chance of being competitive this season of all the names being tossed about. And I think that Culpepper has a better chance of returning to his pre-injury form this year than Flacco has a chance of having the game slow down for him, or of Smith passing for 50% or growing a few inches.

My hope is that the FO is just leaking a bunch of names - Beck, Bramlat, Hill etc. - as a stalking horse to posture Culpepper's agent to back down his demands. Culpepper has no other option out there where he could be starting within a few weeks.

If not Culpepper: please give us Simms, Harrington, even Redman. I fear a big ass losing season under Flacco too early, or under Smith at all.
    Dont get it twisted, I don't want Flacco starting this season and I don't see us faring any better under Troy. I've said before Kyle gave us the best chance to win. Now that we've lost him for the season I do see us bringing in another QB but not until after final cuts are made.

Anita Marks remarked on her radio show today that because of the bargaining agreement if a player starts week 1 then he is guaranteed that years pay, so we might sign a QB until after week 1.

I just think Dante may be over the hill. I could be wrong.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    im not to sure if i had posted it and very sorry if i didnt.but i liked the thought of him coming in at the beginging of camp name him the starter and let boller and smith fight to see who makes the team.with that said your right we need something and we need something FAST.
    I thought that was you going on and on about Dante a few weeks ago. Sorry I haven't really kept up with this board recently, got bigger things on my mind.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    Hey Crazy, I didn't mean it like that. I know even Boller's worst critics (the ones here, anyway) wouldn't wish an injury on him.
    Don't sound apologetic, festivus. You were right the first time. And I'm sure Crazy knows that, he just doesn't have the balls to admit it.