Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I wasnt denying that Harbs was being less then truthful about Boller & Smith.

Please read the thread again.

To say he lied is just silly. Injuries are fluid just like everything else in this league.

Normally I agree with you Sting, but this is over the top.
    Agreed....why should he tell ANYONE whats going on with the players'? As long as he isn't breaking any NFL rules I could give a damn.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I wasnt denying that Harbs was being less then truthful about Boller & Smith.

Please read the thread again.

To say he lied is just silly. Injuries are fluid just like everything else in this league.

Normally I agree with you Sting, but this is over the top.
    So you are saying that he absolutely did not lie and hide and coverup the injury to Kyle Boller? You think that when Harbaugh simply said they wanted to see more of Troy Smith and Kyle Boller wasn't going to play because "Well we know what he can do in 42 starts", that he was being truthful? That somehow the head coach didn't have any idea one of his Quarterbacks were hurt?

Once again, this is not about the "fluidity of injuries". It's about not even being told someone is injured, and going the extra step of actually putting out in public a totally DIFFERENT reason for that Quarterback not playing.

Look, if this is not lying then I don't know what is. And if you guys are ok with this new direction the Ravens are going in with their PR, then you are entitled to it.

Just don't expect me to be on that train. Sorry. Harbaugh lied about Boller's situation. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    BTW isn't the HC.....ummmmm.....supposed to be at least honest with the fans?
    Um, no.

Duh?

Seriously, WTF?

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Um, no.

Duh?

Seriously, WTF?

- C -
    Wow. So you are ok with the team lying to you.

Yeah, WTF is absolutely right. I really have nothing else I can say. Welcome to the new Baltimore Ravens.

Wow.

I'll say that if it helps us, even marginally, to win on Sundays -- I don't care what the team says to us.

They can cancel all press conferences from now till next training camp if they want.

If it gives them an advantage, I'm cool.

Wow. So you are ok with the team lying to you.

Yeah, WTF is absolutely right. I really have nothing else I can say. Welcome to the new Baltimore Ravens.

Wow.
    Get the f*ck out of here! You're kidding, right?

Teams lie to the fans all the time. Jim Harbaugh's job isn't to let you know who we're targeting in the first round, how we're game-planning to stop Carson Palmer on Sept 7th, how many times we want to run McGahee each game, or who he's decided to go with as a starting QB the minute he makes that decision.

He never came out and said "Boller doesn't have any injuries, he's fine." He simply didn't disclose the injury. And it's not his job to disclose every single thing going on with this team the second it actually happens. And it's FAR from your right to know everything that's happening with this team the second it happens.

- C -

Get the f*ck out of here! You're kidding, right?

Teams lie to the fans all the time. Jim Harbaugh's job isn't to let you know who we're targeting in the first round, how we're game-planning to stop Carson Palmer on Sept 7th, how many times we want to run McGahee each game, or who he's decided to go with as a starting QB the minute he makes that decision.

He never came out and said "Boller doesn't have any injuries, he's fine." He simply didn't disclose the injury. And it's not his job to disclose every single thing going on with this team the second it actually happens. And it's FAR from your right to know everything that's happening with this team the second it happens.

- C -
    Yup. Damn right. That is why there are sites like this and pft who delve into the rumours and decode the messages.

:word :word :word

He never came out and said "Boller doesn't have any injuries, he's fine." He simply didn't disclose the injury. And it's not his job to disclose every single thing going on with this team the second it actually happens. And it's FAR from your right to know everything that's happening with this team the second it happens
    THIS is reality. Like I said, coaches do this all the time -- its simple gamesmenship. Fans do not have this "right" to know whats going on behind the scenes, all the minutia, every bump and broken bone, right as it happens.

To demand otherwise is setting yourself up for a huge let down and gives you a false impression about a team that's simply engaging in the same "games" they all play.

Some coaches are better at it then others, thats all.

So you are saying that he absolutely did not lie and hide and coverup the injury to Kyle Boller? You think that when Harbaugh simply said they wanted to see more of Troy Smith and Kyle Boller wasn't going to play because "Well we know what he can do in 42 starts", that he was being truthful? That somehow the head coach didn't have any idea one of his Quarterbacks were hurt?

Once again, this is not about the "fluidity of injuries". It's about not even being told someone is injured, and going the extra step of actually putting out in public a totally DIFFERENT reason for that Quarterback not playing.

Look, if this is not lying then I don't know what is. And if you guys are ok with this new direction the Ravens are going in with their PR, then you are entitled to it.

Just don't expect me to be on that train. Sorry. Harbaugh lied about Boller's situation. Plain and simple.
    I believe the statement that we need to see what Troy can do was more than truthful. After what had(has) he shown us this preseason? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! I, for one, expected much more from TS, and was willing to allot him one more try!

Anyone heard any thing more ?

I'd expect this subject to be under absolute lock and key secrecy, Sports Steve. Boller's health affects the team's negotiations; we should know more after Week 1 is my guess.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.