Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Paging Steve McNair....
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Paging Steve McNair....
    How is the groin? Can you throw? Come on in.

He is still on the salary cap books at least. He may as well hold a clipboard and collect some cash as the backup and mentor to Joe and Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    NST is reporting that the Ravens are worried that Boller might have a season-ending shoulder injury...possibly a torn labrum.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Thats right, and in that time we've had major injuries to some of our important positions, a HC that seems to like hiding information from everyone like......ohhhhhh.......injuries to the team, a QB situation that has been in flux since training camp opened up; need I go on?

Things are a bit different than the beginning of the off-season.
    Please.

The sky I am looking at isnt falling.

And you act like we have the only head coach in the league that doesnt talk about injuries. 90% of the other HC's do it so to accuse Harbs of being "secretive" is just silly and completely discounting all the other coaches in the league.

I've said all along the Boller's biggest problems were poor pass blocking lines that rarely gave him enough time to survey the field before he either got clobbered or had to run for his life, and mediocre receivers on top of that. Boller haters blamed all the offensive woes on him and Billick. Well, you can't have a top 10 offense without a good line and good receivers, and that's the job of the GM and scouts.
    Al

well there are a few of you out there who really beat me up for this chant

"culpepper culpepper culpepper culpepper"

i dont look so dumb now do i?

like i said from the jump lets sign a veteran to go with the 2 BUMS we already have.granted boller is now hurt and it could be serious and smith has a sore throat.but niether might be ready to go sept 7 or even after that.

i have said lets give flacco the ball and let him learn on the fly.or bring in a vet who has had success.so would it hurt if we called up culpepper like hey buddy wanna come play for the ravens for a year????????

After seeing Boller's potential ruined by being thrown into the fire too early, I definitely don't want to see Flacco go the same route.

Although I did predict that he'd be playing by Game 9...:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Fuck that Festivus...That is a shitty position to take. Nobody wanted to see Kyle get a season ending injury...if thats what it actually is.
    Dude, there are people in this town that I think would celebrate if he died in a car wreck.

Thousands of people cheering when he got hurt have the mentality of wanting to see Boller get a season ending injury.
    Somehow I doubt those cheering morons all vanished off the face of the earth.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Paging Steve McNair....
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    After seeing Boller's potential ruined by being thrown into the fire too early, I definitely don't want to see Flacco go the same route.

Although I did predict that he'd be playing by Game 9...:grbac:
    How exactly did starting too early ruin him? He's had 5 years to learn the position and is no better than the day he was drafted.

He was overrated in college, a reach of a pick and nowhere near a first rounder. Ozzie fell in love at first sight. Boller looked like a qb, that is it. Please prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    well there are a few of you out there who really beat me up for this chant

"culpepper culpepper culpepper culpepper"

i dont look so dumb now do i?

like i said from the jump lets sign a veteran to go with the 2 BUMS we already have.granted boller is now hurt and it could be serious and smith has a sore throat.but niether might be ready to go sept 7 or even after that.

i have said lets give flacco the ball and let him learn on the fly.or bring in a vet who has had success.so would it hurt if we called up culpepper like hey buddy wanna come play for the ravens for a year????????
    At the time you first suggested bringing in Dante it was a stupid idea IMO. But things change day to day in the NFL. I don't see us bringing in Dante and would prefer it if we didn't, but it makes a hella lot more sense now then it did 2 weeks ago.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    How exactly did starting too early ruin him? He's had 5 years to learn the position and is no better than the day he was drafted.

He was overrated in college, a reach of a pick and nowhere near a first rounder. Ozzie fell in love at first sight. Boller looked like a qb, that is it. Please prove me wrong.
    I don't have to prove you wrong because it's my OPINION.

I feel that throwing him into the fire immediately, vice allowing him to sit on the sidelines, carry a clipboard and LEARN, hindered his development tremendously.

Kyle Boller and Carson Palmer were the first two Pac-10 QBs picked in the 2003 NFL Draft.

Carson Palmer sat his entire first season with the Bungles and it paid dividends.
    Kyle Boller was inserted immediately, got injured his 9th game in Saint Louis (I was there) with a 5-3 record and was never the same.

Based on that example and many others over the course of my football-watching career, I don't consider starting a rookie QB in the NFL, unless there's just no other option, a wise move for his long term development.