Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Boller torn Labrum?

Thanks HW. It's all good. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

It's all good.
    Exactly Festivus.

Now go piss off, HW.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Please.

The sky I am looking at isnt falling.

And you act like we have the only head coach in the league that doesnt talk about injuries. 90% of the other HC's do it so to accuse Harbs of being "secretive" is just silly and completely discounting all the other coaches in the league.

First off, bullshit. This is the "Belichick" method of things. And the only reason, THE ONLY REASON, that Harbaugh didn't get away with it is because Troy Smith got sick and hospitalized. Then you found out Boller hurt his shoulder.

90% of the other coaches DO NOT do this.

I'm glad the sky you see isn't falling. Unfortunately, reality is bopping me on the head now a few times.

"I find it hard to believe that the Ravens are actually going to use a roster spot for what appears to be their new QB – the great Casey Bramlet (according to Comcast SportsNet). The guy has as many NFL completions as I do. He can’t be anything more than just another arm at practice to spare Joe Flacco and Troy Smith, can he?

Hit the spin cycle please..."

more here:

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2008/...thwart-qb.html

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    First off, bullshit. This is the "Belichick" method of things. And the only reason, THE ONLY REASON, that Harbaugh didn't get away with it is because Troy Smith got sick and hospitalized. Then you found out Boller hurt his shoulder.

I'm glad the sky you see isn't falling. Unfortunately, reality is bopping me on the head now a few times.
    Gonna side with HR on this one. Even if coaches don't lie about injuries let Belicheat almost all always downplay injuries until its clear the injury is severe enough to miss significant playing time.

How many times do you hear from a coaching staff that a player's injury is minor and will back in 1 or 2 weeks, then BAM their having season ending surgery.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

What Dade said.

Downplaying any players injuries has been going on since time and memorial. Ask any Vegas bookie or anyone who bets on football on a regular basis (like me). I remember getting hosed back in 1996 because one Warren Moon got himself hurt and Dennis Green was being mum about the whole thing -- enter Brad Johnson who took them to the playoffs.

Herm Edwards, Shanahan (who really started it), Parcells, Reid (Harbs mentor -- least you be reminded about all the time McNab was "fine" then it turns out he's out for 4-6 weeks), and about 10 others ....

Bellicheat gets the publicity because he's the top dog.

THAT is reality.

Sorry, but Harbaugh made ZERO mention that Boller was even hurting at ALL throughout all of his meetings with the media last week.

That's a fact.

And Stinger is correct. The Troy Smith sickness forced them to reveal Boller's injury on Saturday. All they said is that they wanted Troy to get as many snaps as possible.

PP

Houston, has Telly Salvalis signed you up for the players club yet? Can you respond to a post without betting your salary, talking about the nuances of contract work, talking about 20 dollar cigars, or playing the part of a high roller at the sports book?

You come across as pretty full of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Sorry, but Harbaugh made ZERO mention that Boller was even hurting at ALL throughout all of his meetings with the media last week.

That's a fact.

And Stinger is correct. The Troy Smith sickness forced them to reveal Boller's injury on Saturday. All they said is that they wanted Troy to get as many snaps as possible.

PP

Thank you PP. I was just about about to post this. It's not that Harbaugh downplayed anything about Boller's injury. He outright lied about him even HAVING and injury. If Smith wasn't sick Saturday night, you never would have even known. You would have just assumed they wanted Troy to play the whole game and Boller was just out because "we knew what he could do already and had 42 starts".

Sorry, but THAT doesn't jive with me.

Thank you PP. I was just about about to post this. It's not that Harbaugh downplayed anything about Boller's injury. He outright lied about him even HAVING and injury. If Smith wasn't sick Saturday night, you never would have even known. You would have just assumed they wanted Troy to play the whole game and Boller was just out because "we knew what he could do already and had 42 starts".

Sorry, but THAT doesn't jive with me.
    Your boy Billick had me convinced that Heap and McNair were always just about a week away from returning. Cmack is fine.

No coach really wants to tell anyone about injuries, they do the bare minimum to avoid being fined.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Boller cannot even raise his arm to scratch his ear for crying out loud.The kid needs to get under the surgeons knife.Its a sad way to end in Baltimore.
    But there again its been a sad rough ride since Boller was drafted by the Ravens.

If only he had the skill to match his heart and work ethic. Then we would all be wearing Boller jerseys for years to come.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

If only he had the skill to match his heart and work ethic. Then we would all be wearing Boller jerseys for years to come.
    Agreed, he does have the heart of a warrior but you really cant say much more than that.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--