Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Could Decosta, Others, Go After Season?

Eric feels that working for the Ravens has been the offer of a lifetime.

Bottomline is that you have to put yourselves in these guys shoes. If you have an opportunity at promotion on your job and earning major coin, you are going to take it. Decosta and anyone else in our FO have the goal to be a GM. If they don't then they should be doing something else. Eric may not go anywhere after this season, but with these stellar drafts, within the next three years, Decosta is gone. Our FO is deep and rich with talent. We could also lose Kokinis who was sought after by the Jets last offseason for their GM post.

This could be an offseason where we are raided.

Mughelli could get some major coin with his recent surge of play.
    Pashos could get major offers as well as he is a young OT on the upside.
    AD is definitely gone.
    Rex Ryan will have many HC offers this offseason.

While the media seems to overlook us, the rest of the NFL seems to focus right on us. Every year that we have good seasons and drafts, other organizations lineup to raid us of our talent. These organizations are watching us. The Ravens, Steelers, and Patroits are the best ran Organizations in the NFL, but I think we have the deepest pool of FO talent in the NFL.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Rex Ryan will have many HC offers this offseason.
    I keep hearing this, but realistically, how many HC openings do you think there are going to be in the NFL this offseason? It's not going to be like last year, when seven or eight teams had openings. A lot of teams having terrible seasons are teams with a HC in his first year, so they aren't likely to dump them right away. Arizona and Atlanta might be looking for a new coach, but beyond that, I don't think there will be that many vacancies. I think Rex will still be here next year.

AD, on the other hand . . . that's one to worry about.

4. Re: Could Decosta, Others, Go After Season?

How about the RAIDERS... that would be interesting considering his Rob Ryan is the DC out there.

Hypothetically - even though Rob has put together a good D in Oakland, do you think Mr. Burns would consider hiring Rex over promoting Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I keep hearing this, but realistically, how many HC openings do you think there are going to be in the NFL this offseason? It's not going to be like last year, when seven or eight teams had openings. A lot of teams having terrible seasons are teams with a HC in his first year, so they aren't likely to dump them right away. Arizona and Atlanta might be looking for a new coach, but beyond that, I don't think there will be that many vacancies. I think Rex will still be here next year.

AD, on the other hand . . . that's one to worry about.
    AD is gone. I am enjoying him in his final run as a Raven. He should get his money and will be more expensive than we can afford. Plus, Suggs is a UFA after 2007 and you keep Suggs over AD everyday of the week.

As for HC jobs that could come available for Rex Ryan:

1. Cleveland
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Oakland. (Art Shell won't be back).
    4. Arizona
    5. NY Giants
    6. Buffalo

GM jobs that could come available for Decosta:

1. Cleveland (Seeing that "The Brain" Savage has fallen on his face in Cleveland, you see that OZZIE made Savage and not the other way around).

2. Detroit (Looks like Millen is finally out)

3. Washington (They are a threat to raid our FO).

4. Atlanta

As for HC jobs that could come available for Rex Ryan:

1. Cleveland
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Oakland. (Art Shell won't be back).
    4. Arizona
    5. NY Giants
    6. Buffalo
    Buffalo? Why? They are doing much better than anyone expected, so there will be no opening there. I totally disagree with you on that one.

Pittsburgh and Oakland are interesting -- there have been rumors all year long that Chin might take a walk, but they're just rumors so far. The Raiders are a total mess, but I'm betting that Shell keeps his job. I'm not saying he should keep it, but I think he will.

The Giants could be a possibility, but it depends on what happens in the next two weeks. They could actually still make the playoffs. I think the Browns will probably give Crenell one more year.

I'm surprised you don't have the Falcons on your list. Don't you think Mora is out if they don't make the playoffs (he might be out even if they do make the playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Buffalo? Why? They are doing much better than anyone expected, so there will be no opening there. I totally disagree with you on that one.

Pittsburgh and Oakland are interesting -- there have been rumors all year long that Chin might take a walk, but they're just rumors so far. The Raiders are a total mess, but I'm betting that Shell keeps his job. I'm not saying he should keep it, but I think he will.

The Giants could be a possibility, but it depends on what happens in the next two weeks. They could actually still make the playoffs. I think the Browns will probably give Crenell one more year.

I'm surprised you don't have the Falcons on your list. Don't you think Mora is out if they don't make the playoffs (he might be out even if they do make the playoffs).
    You are right, and I was thinking Falcons. You are right that the Buffalo job may be secure for now.