Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still No National love For Us

I have looked on NFLN and ESPN and they would rather talk of Vince Young, TO spitting in Hall's face, and anything with the last name Manning. It is humorous seeing these guys just resist the desire to have to mention us.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Still No National love For Us

just wait till we win the superbowl

Bah Humbug!

Its unreal all the media attention Dallas has gotten this year, and they may be the 3rd or 4th best team in a pretty shitty conference.

I'm sick of hearing about Owens, Romo etc.

We never really recieve much press anyway because of our lack of Offensive Explosiveness, nothing much has changed.

On HBO's Inside the NFL this week they didn't even show the Baltimore - Kansas City highlights -- instead preferring to show the highlights of the Detroit -- Minnesota game

At this point its just ridiculous and all for the better. I worry if this team got too much attention -- i'd rather have no attention at all until we make it to the superbowl.

After we win, there will be all the retrospective restatements of how everyone knew we would do so well.

However, Sterling Sharpe did say this week that he thought there were only 2 true contenders in the AFC, us and San Diego

Did anyone watch the Blitz on ESPNews yesterday? They show highlights of every game and talk to Q Ismail about every game and an hour and 45 min in they show the Ravens score and move on! Every other game got broken down for 5 min except ours! Hilarious! Then today on Monday Quarterback we'll hear E Allen again say that no one in the AFC can challenge SD and P Rivers with his 95 yds passing and 2 INT's. What a complete team they have! As Apollo Creed said in Rocky 3 pay attention Rock cause they're all gonna owe you a big apology when it's over!
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I wouldn't say that we are being totally ignored, but I sure agree with Heap86 about the love affair the national media has with Dallas. If it's not T.O. it's Romo, if it's not Romo it's Parcells, if it's not Parcells it's Jerry Jones. Enough!

Gents you're lookin for love in all the wrong places...:grbac:
    This board and the local channels are the only places you should expect us to get mentioned on an above-average basis.

Although Scott Van Pelt did our highlights this morning and we were mentioned as true contenders on the ESPN Mike & Mike in the morning show as well as the "Sounds of the Game" highlight segment on ESPN.

That stuff is enough for me.

I've noticed we get alot more respect on radio and newspapers nationally than we do TV. That's fine. These are the same jackals who said no one could go into Ten and Oak and win playoff games! Heck I remember half the local radio hosts predicted us to lose the home playoff vs Denver. Rosenthal predicted a Den blowout! Heck that concussed idiot Hoge has picked the Steelers to win 13 out of 14 weeks and us 5 out of 14!
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I flicked around the tv last night and barely heard a word about us. Same thing today. You know what happened . . . . I started giggling. Am I the only one who sees the humor in this whole press coverage thing?
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I have no problem being under the radar.

They are fawning and drooling all over San Diego. But I saw flaws in that team yesterday. Rivers can be pressured into bad throws and they don't have a great group of WRs like Cincy does. If LT can be contained like LJ was last week, they can be beat.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Everybody says SD is a complete team but I think they seem one-dimensional. It's the LT show, baby. Slow him down and you can beat them. The ravens provided the rest of the NFL with a blue print on how to beat them but nobody else has done it yet. Maybe they don't have the defensive personnel to match up like we do.