Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tailgating at the Wembley game?!

Is this happening? Are special tickets required?

:)

Re: Tailgating at the Wembley game?!

There was an nfluk "tailgate" at the Wembley game last year, but not in the sense of american tailgating. It was an indoor thing with activities and music in Wembley Arena next to the stadium prior to the game. You got separate tickets to your game tickets if you were lucky in a draw for the game.

My suggestion would be to check out the London section of the nfluk forum closer to the time. There's the official one but there'll be a couple of unofficial "tailgating" parties organised at some pubs local(ish) to Wembley as there was last year, the biggest one last year was at the Green Man pub which by all accounts (I didn't go personally) was a very good pre and post-game event.

Personally I'm going corporate this year so I'll be hitting the bar at Wembley with the folks I'm going with. :D

Ouuuuu nice, corporate box and prawn sandwiches for you so?! ;)

I'll throw an eye over at that forum close to the event but I'm thinking a pub close by like you mentioned might be just as much fun!!

Thanks

There a cracking wee pub near McDonalds about 5 minutes walk from the stadium. They made a lot of effort last year - Burger stands, marquee bar outside with 3 TVs. I was really impressed.

I must admit to not finding the 'ideal' place to drink last time - a gay pub near Holburn! (Although it seemed okay in the afternoon)

If there are enough of us going this time around I may consider making the trip again. I will add that I was so f$%ked off with the communications / no shows etc. it spoiled the whole day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    Ouuuuu nice, corporate box and prawn sandwiches for you so?! ;)

I'll throw an eye over at that forum close to the event but I'm thinking a pub close by like you mentioned might be just as much fun!!

Thanks
    Unfortunately not a corporate box, just the Club Wembley seats with the whole hospitality thing before and after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    I must admit to not finding the 'ideal' place to drink last time - a gay pub near Holburn! (Although it seemed okay in the afternoon)

If there are enough of us going this time around I may consider making the trip again. I will add that I was so f$%ked off with the communications / no shows etc. it spoiled the whole day for me.
    Haha, that pub seemed perfectly normal in the afternoon before the game, erm, not quite the same when we pitched up there after the game.

UK Ravens in Gay Bar shocker!

That place you mentioned Gordon sounds like it could be a runner.

Myself and IrishRaven will be bringing along our other half's to the game ( ) but will definitely be up for some pre-game beverages!!

Myself and IrishRaven will be bringing along our other half's to the game but will definitely be up for some pre-game beverages!! - good lads!

'Pre' verses 'post' seems to be a big issue. Simon and Stockers will likely be heading back to the train. If I go I'll have to stay overnight - but might come down late if I am coaching in Huddersfield in the morning. Chris is in London anyway - but quite a way out of town.

Like I said, last year was a shambles in the end for various reasons. I'd like to think we are better organised this time around.

All food for thought!
    :celery

My plans for post depends upon whether I decide to work the next day or not. If not, then the guys I'm going to the game will probably head for the Sports Cafe which I think is in Haymarket or something like that. It stays open late, has late games etc. on and some Giants players turned up there last year as well as Tony Siragusa and a few others. Probably the place to head post game for a late one.

You guys get tickets to the tailgate party?

Nope didn't try, pub with the guys I'm going to the game with at midday for a couple of hours, then Club Wembley opens up at 2pm so heading there for our free meal and booze and whatever then.