Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

I wouldn't say he had a "good game".
    Yeah, not real surprising there.
    62% completion. 2 TDs/1 INT. 238 yards and a victory. Man that guy had a terrible game.
    Good throws on the TD pass to Williams and the long pass to Clayton, but overall he's just too inconsistent for me.
    Inconsistant? Funny I watched Boller all day and outside of the INT which happens to every QB (Boller got baited) I don't think he was inconsistant at all.

He had the ball for 13 possession. 7 ended in three or fewer plays.
    Out of those 7;
    Two were fumbles.
    Two were TDs.
    Two ended the half/game.
    Last edited by darb72; 12-17-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

McNair is 0-4 to start the game with what should have been an INT. But of course he gets a mulligan because he's steve mcnair.
    To be fair, Mac went 1-5 to start the KC game and ended up with a 122 rating.

He gets a mulligan because he has earned it.

Could be rust but I like to see a game where he plays without throwing a pick or fumbles the ball away. The Future needs to protect the ball better. Thats not too much to ask as a fan.

MY GOD!! A 112 QB rating and some people still say he didn't have a good game???

He won the game today for us. What more do you want?

I support him, because he is part of the team. Some of you people treat him like he is the enemy or something.

He has hardly played this year and practices with the second team during the week.

His play to Williams was featured on Sunday Night Football as one of the best plays of the day. They said "Boller steps in and steps up".

Being a backup and then expecting perfection is just unrealistic. I thought he did an admirable job.

Two things:

1. I have nothing against Boller, but geez, the guy has a decent outing and you guys are ready to annoint him as Johnny U. Boller is NOT our future. Boller is exactly who we thought he was. He connected on two passes for TDs. That is fine and we won and are in the playoffs.

2. Boller played against....the Browns; a beat up, 2nd string defense.

Again, Boller did well, I will give him that, but let's not get it twisted. If this guy is our future, then I'd rather glory in the present, because the future is dim.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

1. I have nothing against Boller, but geez, the guy has a decent outing and you guys are ready to annoint him as Johnny U. Boller is NOT our future. Boller is exactly who we thought he was. He connected on two passes for TDs. That is fine and we won and are in the playoffs.
    PR, that's not fair. He completed 61% of his passes. It was more than just connecting for two passes for TD's. The 11 play 85 yard drive for the 2nd team touchdown meant nothing?

It's always things like this that frustrate me when we talk about Boller. Seriously, in 2 games he has 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. What more do you want from your backup QB?

As usual, anything Boller does gets marginalized. That's why he should go to another team. I imagine he could step in for an injured McNair in the Super Bowl, throw 3 TD's, win the game, and someone will say he didn't have a good game because he fumbled the ball.

He will be starting somewhere after his contract is up.

Give him adecent ol and some receivers and he is an average nfl qb with minimal injuries and has a great attitude.

Give him some ritalin or anti anxiety meds and he would be a top ten qb.

I dont know if they have addressed it but he has some type of anxiety or hyperactivity issues

The AP disagrees too:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

Kyle Boller finished what Steve McNair started.

With McNair watching from the sideline with an injured right hand, Boller carried the Ravens into the playoffs, throwing two touchdown passes in a 27-17 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
    Yes, he HAS TO stop fumbling the ball at the snap. I agree with everyone on this. But otherwise the dude played a good game coming off the bench with no practice reps ONCE AGAIN, and actually leading the team to a win that we needed.

I shudder to think if he lost the game. Some of you would be grabbing pitchforks.

Working out with the 2nd team, I'm sure he practices his exchange with Mike Flynn ALL the time.

Sike.

You expect a cold QB to not look great. But if a backup QB looks good, thats a huge compliment. Look at Weinke in Carolina. Really, backup performances turned in by QBs like Boller or Garcia are rare.

BTW, Garcia had a fumble, but won the game for the eagirls. A W is what matters. Its funny how that works for McNair but not for Boller.

Like I said, you look at what Boller does off the bench with what some other starters do and its obvious. he's not Johnny U but he should be the future.

All QBs make mistakes; ints or fumbles. The haters act like all other QBs not named boller dont' fumble or throw an occasional INT.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    He won the game today for us. What more do you want?
    I want him to not fumble and slip over blades of grass when he's not even touched. He's clumsy and yes, while he will make good plays, he'll KILL us in the playoffs (if he has to play) with those mistakes. What do you think teams like the Chargers, Colts and Bengals will do when Boller gives them a short field after a bone-headed fumble?

The guy has me on pins and needles every time he takes a snap. He has always been inconsistent and I'd rather not risk him falling down in a playoff game.

I give him credit for the TD pass and the other big throws he made, but he has to stop with the stupid mistakes (mainly falling down) if he wants to be a good, consistent starter.

Kyle did fine. I was cheering him and the people around me were giving me dirty looks.