Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

Kyle Boller threw a couple of nice passes.

To proclaim that we are 'stuck' with the savior is asinine.

KB never led comebacks the way the savior did. Are you serious that you think KB is going to keep us in the playoff hunt? If so, did you also agree to keep Elvis in during the playoff game at PITT? How bout Redman...did you argue that he was the next coming? Stoney Case anyone?

Unbelievable...we finally get a true NFL starting QB and fans of the team are intoxicated by the guy who just plays one on tv.

Please ... please let 9 start Sunday. Let's knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

As long as the cut on his palm is healed, I'm 100% in favor of going with SM on Sunday against the Steelers. The only caveat for me is that if his hand is NOT healed, and it'll cause more problems down the road, I believe that's a trade-off that has to be taken into account and adequately addressed.

GO RAVENS!!!

It all depends on the wound, Trap. And how SM heals. I didn't hear anything about stitches, but that doesn't mean anything. The only thing I read said he could throw fine, and could receive the ball in the shotgun, although I doubt that Billick would run everything from the shotgun just so as to not irritate the cut. We'll just have to see what they say when the injury reports come out.

GO RAVENS!!!

Kyle Boller is our future...

...waterboy?

I'm still not sold on the guy and I've been watching him all the years you guys have. He's still the same inconsistent, stumbling, fumbling mess he was his rookie year, with very little in the way of development or improvement. Still staring those damn receivers down too. I'm grateful he was at least good enough to get us a 10 point victory against the Clowns.

Man, I sure am glad McNair was good enough to get us a 1 point victory against the Clowns.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

LOL. Touche, darby72.

GO RAVENS!!!

Let's get real here. Kyle Boller would probably have us fighting for our playoff lives right now, if not completely out of playoffs altogether. So the "one point victory vs. Cleveland" point is pretty moot. And knowing KB's record on the road, a one point victory in Cleveland is pretty damn generous, if not outright unrealistic.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me any time the topic of Boller arises is the extreme polarization that inevitably occurs. I refuse to buy into that, because as I've stated several times already, I'm neither a Boller hugger, nor a Boller hater. As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see what, if anything, he's learned as far as how to win on the road. However, what I frequently hear some people saying is very different -- what I hear them saying is: "Let Boller start so he can prove he's a failure".

As far as I'm concerned, at least at this point, I have no more reason to asssume he's going to fail than he's going to succeed. THAT IN ITSELF is bothersome to me, because it always seems more like a crapshoot with KB than it does with SM. But to outright assume he's GOING to fail is, IMO, way too skewed, based upon what he's shown to date so far THIS YEAR. And to even begin to bring in stuff from years gone by just doesn't carry much weight with me, no matter which player is being discussed.

GO RAVENS!!!

The point I see with you Tex is that you seem to like to argue, and frankly, I could care less about arguing. Furthermore, you seem to want to put words in my mouth, and I don't like that. So I'll respond here, and I think after that we'll be done. Obviously, past performance has SOME bearing on an athlete's current performance. However, with Boller, there are simply too many variables that are different now than in that past, to be able to draw any valid conclusions.

The only valid pursuit, as far as I'm concerned, is to determine NOW, as best as can be achieved, what can Boller DO...NOW, under THESE circumstances, with THIS CURRENT PERSONNEL. Period. End of story/debate. Beyond that, you'll just have to find a different audience with which to argue, because I'm not going to change my position until I'm satisfied I've seen enough CURRENT performance from Boller to alter the picture I now have, and which I've already expressed throughout various threads on this topic.

GO RAVENS!!!

The point I see with you Tex is that you seem to like to argue, and frankly, I could care less about arguing. Furthermore, you seem to want to put words in my mouth, and I don't like that. So I'll respond here, and I think after that we'll be done. Obviously, past performance has SOME bearing on an athlete's current performance. However, with Boller, there are simply too many variables that are different now than in that past, to be able to draw any valid conclusions.
    And this, right here skay, is why no matter how much you disagree with people on a subject, you will have the respect of the people in this forum you debate with. And it's a prime reason Tex doesn't have anyone's respect.

You get the idea of being on the other side of an opinion, but knowing how to debate it. A few people on this forum lack that ability. And then they don't understand why they get put on everyone's ignore list.

And as long as what you say above is your attitude, we'll always respect your opinion, even if we don't agree with it; like the Pittsburgh discussion we had in the main forum.

I want to say I'm shocked that this thread is still going, but I'm not.

Tex, I am not a Boller fan yet I am on the verge of ignoring you.

It's really getting old and to the point where you will be debating with yourself.

You can debate your point without being condescending and instigating arguments that totally aren't necessary.

Please learn to mellow out...again, I'm not a Boller fan, but I can be objective when he plays well and he is far from the Ryan Leaf you are trying to make him out to be.

Let's get real here. Kyle Boller would probably have us fighting for our playoff lives right now, if not completely out of playoffs altogether. So the "one point victory vs. Cleveland" point is pretty moot. And knowing KB's record on the road, a one point victory in Cleveland is pretty damn generous, if not outright unrealistic.
    Funny, I can think of at least two games we would have lost if the defense failed to hold the other team under 17 points. How secure would we be about the play-offs if we were sitting at 9-5 right now? Remember we have to play in Pittsburgh this week and they're only two games behind us. The Bengals are one game behind us so the Steelers game starts to loom even larger.

See, I can play the "what if" game fairly well myself.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock