Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I'm grateful he was at least good enough to get us a 10 point victory against the Clowns.
    Come on...he put up 27 points and Kyle did not squander a 14 point lead! That would be the defense. 27 points!!

I thought we had eradicated all those stupid 'reverse crystal balls'. Evidently a few survived. Must be one of those cheap second hand dollar bazaars on Rt. 301 still operating.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    I thought we had eradicated all those stupid 'reverse crystal balls'. Evidently a few survived. Must be one of those cheap second hand dollar bazaars on Rt. 301 still operating.
    My mom bought one on QVC; damn thing never worked right. She got her money back -- minus S&H.

Live & Learn.

;)

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Funny, I can think of at least two games we would have lost if the defense failed to hold the other team under 17 points. How secure would we be about the play-offs if we were sitting at 9-5 right now? Remember we have to play in Pittsburgh this week and they're only two games behind us. The Bengals are one game behind us so the Steelers game starts to loom even larger.

See, I can play the "what if" game fairly well myself.
    The defense is irrelevant, because no matter what the defense does or doesn't do, McNair will win you more games than Kyle Boller, and by no unsubstantial amount either.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    The defense is irrelevant, because no matter what the defense does or doesn't do, McNair will win you more games than Kyle Boller, and by no unsubstantial amount either.
    The only time I would even question that is if/when it rains or snows. McNair simply does NOT do well under those conditions, and that, as far as I'm concerned, is almost at the level of observable fact, not opinion. Combine that with JL's lack of "pop", and it adds up to a pending disaster.

Whether or not KB would do any better under those conditions is, like a lot of KB's ability, something that is yet to be fully determined, as far as I'm concerned. But when it comes to SM, he had demonstrated on at least two occasions -- Denver & Cincy -- that he simply cannot throw the ball well when it rains.

And that -- more than any team -- is what scares me when looking ahead to the post season: "What happens if it rains or snows?" It's for that reason that I think we would probably do better against Indy inside on their field, as opposed to playing them here at M&T in the rain/snow.

GO RAVENS!!!

Kyle Boller's road record is 4-13. I didn't count the Rams game in '03 where he started and we lost. That loss goes on Redman and his pathetic display.

He's never won in Cleveland.

Steve McNair's road record this season is 5-2. He's won more road games this season then Boller has in his career.

PP

My mom bought one on QVC; damn thing never worked right. She got her money back -- minus S&H.

Live & Learn.
    I always live and die by the Magic 8-Ball myself. 50% of the time it's accurate 100% of the time. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack
    I don't disagree with that statement FTB, but not for the same reasons. In all fairness there is a reason McNair was a co-MVP and a QB in the Super Bowl. So I more expect him to win more games.

And PP is right, Boller's road record is atrocious. But I will also submit that this year the Ravens on a whole are a different team. Yes, different with McNair, and you can't argue that at all.

But the offensive line play has been solid for the first time in years, our receivers at almost every level have been better than years past, Jamal all of a sudden is back to 4 YPC, and Billick is calling the plays for the first time in years. The team is not the same around the entire offense than it was last year at 6-10.

And while I AM NOT NOT NOT suggesting McNair sits on Sunday, I would like to see if Boller's improvements in the places we've seen it can be taken on the road. This is not the time for it though I realize. Unless we blow out the Steelers again, then you can give him a quarter or half to work.

So after you started fussing about how many points Boller won by, I don't get to point out how many McNair won by?

Can't say I'm really surprised, given the history of you... people...

Hypocrisy is a common trait among you.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Note: the bolded italics portions were done by Tex Ritter for dramatic effect!:)
    So, Tex...would that make you a drama Queen?

:)

GO RAVENS!!!

So do I.

GO RAVENS!!!