Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kyle Boller is our Future!

I can't believe I'm saying this --- but it's true!

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

The lad had a good game, and led us to a play-off berth (at least according to the standards set forth by Hater-Nation).

Of course Boller usually looks good at home, and while I hope we don't see him again this year, his deep ball has improved a lot.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

T.

Answer me this.

Do you think Kyle Boller can lead this team to a playoff victory if need be?

Seriously.

PP

Boller did okay today, but let's get serious here.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

If ANY quarterback in anyseason had Kyle Boller's numbers for all 16 games, It's a safe bet he'd be starting in Hawaii in the Pro Bowl.

Now hate that!
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    If ANY quarterback in anyseason had Kyle Boller's numbers for all 16 games, It's a safe bet he'd be starting in Hawaii in the Pro Bowl.

Now hate that!
    Kinda like Ryan Fitzpatrick last season?

PP

Wink Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    T.

Answer me this.

Do you think Kyle Boller can lead this team to a playoff victory if need be?

Seriously.

PP
    PP - two games with 60% completions, 5 TDs, several pretty long passes, QB rating of 104. Not a doubt in my mind. He looks as good as most starting NFL QBs, including McNair. He's good insurance. Especially if McNair's arm takes another vacation. If we don't get a first round bye to enable McNair adequate rest, I would like to see Kyle get a lot of snaps in practice to be ready to step in.

I think we're stuck with McNair for another year due to the way his contract is structured. But I would like to see McNair's expensive contract jettisoned after the 2007 season to help mitigate a housecleaning due to recent cap mismanagement, and Kyle re-signed at a more reasonable price.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    He looks as good as most starting NFL QBs, including McNair.
    He's played almost 2 games at home. He's looked decent. Sorry if I don't buy that he can do this on the road with any consistency. This team lost 11 straight road games coming into this year. Yes, some with Wright along with Boller. We're now 5-2 on the road this season including winning in KC in December which hadn't been done by a road team in 10 years. You point to other factors and minimalize how much McNair has to do with that road record. I contend he's a major reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think we're stuck with McNair for another year due to the way his contract is structured.
    Good gracious.

Are we 11-3 or 3-11?

We're just gonna have to disagree about the impact McNair has had on this team.

You still seem to be resentful of the guy and I cannot figure out why.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 12-18-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Wink Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

Good gracious.

Are we 11-3 or 3-11?
    What does our record that have to do with the price of eggs? We have one of the NFL's best records primarily because of having the best defense. If we had an average defense, we'd be looking at a .500 team with either QB.

Good gracious.

We're just gonna have to disagree about the impact McNair has had on this team.
    Agree to disagree. Media hype. Good story lines sell papers. His QB rating is 82.3, just about his 9 year average. 13 TDs, nine interceptions. I credit McNair with being the difference in two wins (Titans & Chiefs) and one loss (Bengals). I fail to see the "impact", especially considering Boller's continued progression, which may have gotten us to the same point, but $33 million cheaper. The bigger impact to the offense has been the protection provided by the OL and now having three quality WRs.

Good gracious.

You still seem to be resentful of the guy and I cannot figure out why.

PP
    Why do you think I'm resentful of the guy? He wears purple, and therefore I support him as much as I do Billick, Ray, Jamal, Heap, etc.

If there's "resentment", it's towards the front office overspending for McNair in the face of the pending cap hit. This team may have to blow itself up in another year+. That $33 million was a ridiculous amount of $$$ for an average to slightly above average QB. I will be very pissed if we have to let Adalius Thomas go because we blew the cap.
    Last edited by Mista T; 12-18-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Art, why exactly are you surprised that certain... people... aren't happy that we won?

I've been telling y'all for years that these... people... would rather have the Ravens lose than have Boller do well.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Too funny.

Once again, any critiquing of Kyle Boller meets hostility.

Yet you "people" had no problem ripping apart McNair 2 months ago.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

PP

Gee lets see . . .

McNair is 0-4 to start the game with what should have been an INT. But of course he gets a mulligan because he's steve mcnair.

Boller comes in cold, probably not many snaps in practice, and has a solid game.

2 TD, and an INT.

Lost a fumble, which wasn't so good. But like McNair hasn't lost a fumble this year?

Its incredible how people love to hate this guy.

Those throws to Demetrius and Clayton are throws that McNair can't make at this point. Boller is erratic, but shows flashes of brilliance when he gets the chance. He is probably top 5 backup coming off the bench. Look at the Panthers and the falloff from Delhomme to Weinke. Shit, look at Delhomme recently.

I honestly think Boller will be the starter in a year or two, but until then, its air mcnair.

but lets not pretend like McNair is the worldbeater with us that he was in tenessee. He isn't.