Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Rams (preseason)

I'd be ok with a losing season if we were just one season away from turning things around...

But it's time to take off the purple glasses...

Maybe our QB situation will be settled next season
    The RB situation should remain ok
    The WR situation is still kind've tottering on Derrick Mason and waiting for any other WR to step up to eventually inherit his role
    Our TEs can't stay healthy more than a couple weeks
    We have a solid interior OL, but unless Gaither turns things around big time, we need 2 new OTs in the offseason
    Our DL is generally solid, but Pryce and Gregg are getting older and I'm not sure both Bannan and Dwan Edwards can start yet
    Our LB corps will remain fine
    Our CBs are a mess...our starters used to be great, now they're constantly hurt. Our backups look good for a series or two, but fall apart in man coverage
    Our S situation looks set

So all in all, we need a WR, 2 OT, probably a good DL, and a CB or 2 next season. And that is just the starters. One high draft pick will get us one of six needs! Maybe we get a high 2nd to contribute, so that's 1/3 of your needs.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling I'm gonna hate our fair weather fans this year...

1st, from the 41, McClain for 3.
    2nd and 7, PA, Flacco holds and holds and holds, looking for someone, looks for Bergen and is incomplete. No one was open. Should have dumped to McClain.
    3rd, pass is deflected and hits the turf.

MUCH better second half.
    I'm impressed with McLain, he's showing good versatility. I was high on the kid when I thought he was basically a blocking/receiving pure FB.

Blog Entries

woah, did you see that dude's hand! It's like he's got a club out there, that can't be legal?!

Flacco is adjusting to the speed of the game, if we had started him game one of the preseason I wonder what kind of growth we would have seen?

Flacco is looking much better, much more confident. The pass he missed was timing - he'll get that. I'm very pleased with what I've seen this half.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd be ok with a losing season if we were just one season away from turning things around...

But it's time to take off the purple glasses...

Maybe our QB situation will be settled next season
    The RB situation should remain ok
    The WR situation is still kind've tottering on Derrick Mason and waiting for any other WR to step up to eventually inherit his role
    Our TEs can't stay healthy more than a couple weeks
    We have a solid interior OL, but unless Gaither turns things around big time, we need 2 new OTs in the offseason
    Our DL is generally solid, but Pryce and Gregg are getting older and I'm not sure both Bannan and Dwan Edwards can start yet
    Our LB corps will remain fine
    Our CBs are a mess...our starters used to be great, now they're constantly hurt. Our backups look good for a series or two, but fall apart in man coverage
    Our S situation looks set

So all in all, we need a WR, 2 OT, probably a good DL, and a CB or 2 next season. And that is just the starters. One high draft pick will get us one of six needs! Maybe we get a high 2nd to contribute, so that's 1/3 of your needs.
    Terry looked unremarkable, but not noticable(in a good way) for being otu for a while and on one leg...
    Bannan wouldn't make for a horrible starter.
    Flacco could be the guy.
    If we can just get healhty at WR, TE and CB, I think we will look a MILLION times better.

Hey look, Walker did something!

Once again G-string can't cover again! Wow he can't cover even 3rd string WR's

Blog Entries

more than anything, I just want to see this culture change come about in one season...I think Harbaugh is doing a good job, I think we're starting to see things done better, we just have some real washouts on the team that throw it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Hey look, Walker did something!
    Yes, he got beat again but was lucky the WR dropped the ball, he was still a yard the ball and late