Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Not a debate, but Boller played

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah, but the thing is I started this thread to see exactly which one of you... people... would come in bashing the guy. It would be very rude of me to ignore you once you provided an answer.
    Where did I "bash" Boller?

[/QUOTE]So when the backup has a higher QB rating than the starter.... what exactly does that make the starter?[/QUOTE]

Hell, the title of this thread says no debate yet as soon as someone doesn't give your boy enough praise, you seem to raise the question again.

[/QUOTE]Care to prove that? Oh wait a minute... burden of proof never has been a strong suit with you... people... has it?[/QUOTE]

How is it exactly that you want me to "prove" my opinion that Kyle Boller isn't a guy that can lead us to the promiseland. See, that's the problem. You take that as a personal insult or some sort of attack on Boller. It's not.

[/QUOTE]So you're not going to post the stats? Can't say I'm surprised really.[/QUOTE]

Well isn't this ironic. Seems to me if we go back in time, we'll see that Boller's stats were brought into question by his critics and we were quickly lambasted by a certain group because we won and that's all that should matter. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Hypocrisy anyone?

[/QUOTE]I think we all know what... people... y'all are.[/QUOTE]

You can keep labeling people all you want. Assume all you want. Me? I'll keep going to every game, even some road games. I'll cheer this team through and through. Always have. Your problem is you don't like that some people don't praise Boller enough. Then you question their loyalty. Mighty presumptuous of you.

[/QUOTE]Yep. Because he plays his best ball at home and we're pretty much assured of at least one home game.
    Wow. That was easy.[/QUOTE]

Gee, a QB who plays his best ball at home. How novel. I should feel confident that Boller can win in the playoffs because he plays his best ball at home? Sorry if that doesn't exactly convince me.

[/QUOTE]Now let me ask you a question.

Why is it you can't just say Boller had a good game? (Actually that's a rhetorical question since I already answered it for you on the main forum.)[/QUOTE]

Boller played a decent game. He did what a backup needs to do. Why isn't that good enough for you?

PP

And I'm still waiting for you to post McNairs stats from the first Browns game...

23-41, 264, TD.

You love to post stats all the time.

How about this line.

26-43, 227, TD

On the surface, not a bad stat line for a road game.

It's McNair's line from the Cincy game. He played like crap that day. But his stats don't look too bad. Of all people, I would think you'd know that you have to look a little deeper into a game to see what the real situation was because the stat line isn't the end all be all.

[/QUOTE]Well they did try to throw out a 77 yard pass play.[/QUOTE]

I certainly didn't.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 12-18-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Where did I "bash" Boller?
    How long until he stops acting like a spaz in the pocket?
    That was simple.
    Hell, the title of this thread says no debate yet as soon as someone doesn't give your boy enough praise, you seem to raise the question again.
    Funny, I seem to remember someone bringing in a debate before I did.
    Do you have confidence that Boller can win a playoff game if need be?
    How is it exactly that you want me to "prove" my opinion that Kyle Boller isn't a guy that can lead us to the promiseland. See, that's the problem. You take that as a personal insult or some sort of attack on Boller. It's not.
    You stated it as a fact. See...
    He's not good enough to take this team deep into the playoffs.
    Well isn't this ironic. Seems to me if we go back in time, we'll see that Boller's stats were brought into question by his critics and we were quickly lambasted by a certain group because we won and that's all that should matter. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Hypocrisy anyone?
    Hmmm... Now who was it that said "Remember that this is the Browns at home"?
    Seems if you're going to say Bollers stats didn't count then we should look at the stats from the previous Browns game.
    Your problem is you don't like that some people don't praise Boller enough.
    No. I don't like you.
    People who love to bash Boller for no reason I generally consider to be a little slow and I fully admit I have little patience stupidity from people who are normally of at least average intelligence. I like most of 'em just fine.
    I should feel confident that Boller can win in the playoffs because he plays his best ball at home? Sorry if that doesn't exactly convince me.
    Did you actually read what you quoted?
    Stinger already answered that question for you.
    Boller played a decent game. He did what a backup needs to do. Why isn't that good enough for you?
    Because it amuses me to no end to watch you people preface every "decent" game with an excuse as to why he played well.

Why couldn't you just say Boller played well? I honestly didn't expect you... people... to actually do that, but I am curious as to why you couldn't.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

You quoted it and you still don't know what it said?

Maybe the letters are to small.

I WOULD HAVE NO WORRIES IF McNAIR SAT OUT THE REST OF THE SEASON. KYLE LOOKS READY.

Did that help, or should I have someone swing by and read it for you?
    So why did we bring McNair in this year then if Kyle was ready to lead us to a Super Bowl?

It's McNair's line from the Cincy game. He played like crap that day. But his stats don't look too bad. Of all people, I would think you'd know that you have to look a little deeper into a game to see what the real situation was because the stat line isn't the end all be all.
    Didn't we lose that game? Bad comparison.

Believe me I could understand bashing Boller if he had played badly today, or even if we lost.

He put up a 100+ QB rating and while he didn't lead us to a come from behind victory, the defense didn't do their usual great job of stopping the Browns. Boller was a major reason that we won the game to put us in the play-offs.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

So why did we bring McNair in this year then if Kyle was ready to lead us to a Super Bowl?
    Don't ask me, that was T's quote.

I don't think Boller was ready at the beginning of the season and I'm still not convinced that he is. McNair has obviously helped Kyle a great deal.
    ProFootballMock

That was simple.
    Talk about thin skin. That's "bashing" to you? For someone who questions people's loyalty and intelligence on a regular basis, you sure fly off the handle at anything said about Boller.

Funny, I seem to remember someone bringing in a debate before I did.
    What?

You stated it as a fact. See...
    I will certainly state my thoughts on Boller's ability to lead this team to a playoff victory as opinion from here on out.

Hmmm... Now who was it that said "Remember that this is the Browns at home"?
    Seems if you're going to say Bollers stats didn't count then we should look at the stats from the previous Browns game.
    I didn't say they didn't count.

No. I don't like you.
    People who love to bash Boller for no reason I generally consider to be a little slow and I fully admit I have little patience stupidity from people who are normally of at least average intelligence. I like most of 'em just fine.
    First of all, it is your opinion that I am bashing the guy. Second, there's been PLENTY of material provided by Boller to use in critiquing his play.

Did you actually read what you quoted?
    Stinger already answered that question for you.
    Yes, he did. And I told him I disagreed. He can handle that.

Because it amuses me to no end to watch you people preface every "decent" game with an excuse as to why he played well.
    Kyle Boller played a decent game today at M&T Bank Stadium. What's amusing to me is your obsession with having everyone agree with your opinion.

Why couldn't you just say Boller played well? I honestly didn't expect you... people... to actually do that, but I am curious as to why you couldn't.
    Why do you want so badly for other people to say what you want to hear?

PP

fairly well today.
    Agreed.

PP

Talk about thin skin. That's "bashing" to you? For someone who questions people's loyalty and intelligence on a regular basis, you sure fly off the handle at anything said about Boller.
    You didn't ask for level of bashing. You just said "bashing".

What?
    You were complaining about me turning this into a debate. You actually brought the debate in when you asked Stinger if he thought Boller could win a play-off game.
    I didn't say they didn't count.
    Oh so that wasn't a dissmisive "Remeber this is the Browns at home"?
    First of all, it is your opinion that I am bashing the guy.
    Uhmmm... nope, I've already shown that you were bashing the guy. Unless calling someone a spaz doesn't count as bashing.
    Second, there's been PLENTY of material provided by Boller to use in critiquing his play.
    Today? Really?
    He can handle that.
    Yes, he did. And I told him I disagreed. He can handle that.
    Funny thing. I answered your question. Then you posted...
    I should feel confident that Boller can win in the playoffs because he plays his best ball at home? Sorry if that doesn't exactly convince me.
    It's not exactly obvious from that quote that you could understand what I said. I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. You asked my opinion with the reasoning behind it. I answered.
    Kyle Boller played a decent game today at M&T Bank Stadium. What's amusing to me is your obsession with having everyone agree with your opinion.
    I don't really care if people agree with my opinion.
    Why do you want so badly for other people to say what you want to hear?
    This has never been about people saying what I "want" to hear. It's been about people saying what I expected them to say.
    ProFootballMock

I don't believe anyone has bashed boller. Everyone has pretty much echoed this thread's orginal idea. Some people are way too protective and getting upset over nothing. At least it seems that way. HELLO! We Won.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I don't believe anyone has bashed boller. Everyone has pretty much echoed this thread's orginal idea. Some people are way too protective and getting upset over nothing. At least it seems that way. HELLO! We Won.
    I've already proven where people bashed Kyle. Thanks for paying attention.
    ProFootballMock

I've already proven where people bashed Kyle. Thanks for paying attention
    Darb-be we won.
    Unless its a cure for cancer Who cares what you proved.

FWIW, I see ya Tex.