Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Not a debate, but Boller played

fairly well today.

I said it in the game thread and I'll say it here. The coaches should have Kyle run a mile on the treadmill because he looks like a ProBowler when he's not hopping around like a rabbit on crack.

McNair is and should remain our starter, but Boller has proven he can play so we now have two viable QBs we can win with.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Not a debate, but Boller played

Regardless of those who hate Boller who will come here and marginalize the game, it has to feel good for him today.

It has to feel good to know he came in after playing only one game this year, and winning the game that clinched our playoff spot. And did it overcoming some of his regular problems. He kept his cool and didn't go haywire, and was able to immediately respond to the Browns tieing the game. He won that game and deserved it.

Now that paves the way for McNair to take us to Miami!!

He looked good. Improved accuracy on the deep ball, but still made some bonehead decisions (though less than before). If he could get those 1-2 "Boller" plays out of his system, he could be a nice QB.

Still too jittery and overthrowing easy reads, though.

He played ok. The big throw was nice. I think he could have played better but considering Kyle Boller came off the bench and clinched a playoff spot there is really nothing to complain about. Lets hope Steve gets back on the field for the road game against the steelers.

There were a couple of "duh" moments, but two TDs, a few breathtaking bombs, and a rating of about 120 should satisfy all but the most venomous of haters. Vive Kyle.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Boller's stat line for the day:

13/21 238 yards, 2TD/1INT. And a fumble.

QB rating for the day: 112.8

With all due respect, that is more than playing "ok".

Sephy, I agree with you too. If he could just stop with the fumbling. The interception was just a bad throw. Now so much a bonehead move as just a bad throw. The fumbling bugs me. If he could get that out of the way he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Boller's stat line for the day:

13/21 238 yards, 2TD/1INT. And a fumble.

QB rating for the day: 112.8

With all due respect, that is more than playing "ok".

Sephy, I agree with you too. If he could just stop with the fumbling. The interception was just a bad throw. Now so much a bonehead move as just a bad throw. The fumbling bugs me. If he could get that out of the way he'll be fine.
    How long should we wait until he stops the fumbling? How long until he stops acting like a spaz in the pocket?

Look, he did OK today.

The great long bomb coupled with the horrendous throw for the pick.

Let's remember that this is the Browns at home.

Sting.

Do you have confidence that Boller can win a playoff game if need be?

I don't.

PP

Boller got baited into that INT. It happens to all QBs, and he'll probably do it again before his career is over.

The important thing is that his good plays have far out-weighed his stupid plays this year.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    How long should we wait until he stops the fumbling? How long until he stops acting like a spaz in the pocket?

Look, he did OK today.

The great long bomb coupled with the horrendous throw for the pick.

Let's remember that this is the Browns at home.

Sting.

Do you have confidence that Boller can win a playoff game if need be?

I don't.

PP

Care to post McNairs stat line against these same Browns?

Or are you going to say that this win didn't count since Boller didn't mount a come from behind win?

Not surprising one of these... people... is going to try to dismiss how well Boller played today.
    ProFootballMock

Funny, I thought you weren't going to repsond to me anymore.

I specifically asked Stinger a question and you chose to respond.

I sat there and watched Boller today. He made some nice plays and he made some shitty ones.

He was jumpy in the pocket as usual. He missed some WIDE OPEN guys on some of those runs.

He's a backup QB. Period. He played well enough today for us to win.

He's not good enough to take this team deep into the playoffs.

And I love how you want to compare this game vs the Browns game on the road.

1. He's at home

2. The Browns are so completely decimated by injuries that it's almost sad to see the team they throw out there. They might wear the same uniforms but they aren't the same team. They are hurt and they are now 14 games into another wasted season. But yea, it's the same team.

You love to call people who don't think Boller is the answer as those "people".

What "people" are we?

I've never bashed the guys heart or will. I just don't think he's the answer.

So since you decided to respond to my post, I'll ask you the question.

Do you think Kyle Boller can lead this team to a playoff victory?

And if you do, please explain your reasoning.

PP

Funny, I thought you weren't going to repsond to me anymore.
    Yeah, but the thing is I started this thread to see exactly which one of you... people... would come in bashing the guy. It would be very rude of me to ignore you once you provided an answer.
    He's a backup QB. Period. He played well enough today for us to win.
    So when the backup has a higher QB rating than the starter.... what exactly does that make the starter?
    He's not good enough to take this team deep into the playoffs.
    Care to prove that? Oh wait a minute... burden of proof never has been a strong suit with you... people... has it?
    And I love how you want to compare this game vs the Browns game on the road.
    So you're not going to post the stats? Can't say I'm surprised really.
    What "people" are we?
    I think we all know what... people... y'all are.
    Do you think Kyle Boller can lead this team to a playoff victory?
    Yep. Because he plays his best ball at home and we're pretty much assured of at least one home game.
    Wow. That was easy.

Now let me ask you a question.

Why is it you can't just say Boller had a good game? (Actually that's a rhetorical question since I already answered it for you on the main forum.)
    ProFootballMock

Boller had a good game. I really wish he would learn the basic mechanics of the Center/QB exchange.