Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Not a debate, but Boller played

For me, Boller remains a very mixed bag. As far as distance and accuracy, I could possibly see SM making that pass to D Williams (although earlier SM -- before he left the game -- did miss Williams after he'd clearly gotten separation on a similar play), but I do NOT see SM hitting Clayton on that 45 yarder right at the sideline. I do not agree that Boller has no accuracy whatsoever. I also do not agree that Boller is a horrible QB. What seemed evident to me watching him on Sunday is that he continues to drive me crazy with his inconsistency.

As far as who deserved the game ball from Sunday, I'd have to say KB. But by the same token, I kept thinking, as the game progressed, that we need to seriously consider drafting a quality college QB (i.e. Troy Smith, is he's available) because I honestly do not think that the sorts of things that undo the positive contributions that KB offers up will ever cease. It seems to me that there will always be a down side to KB's game that will not get fixed simply by being mentored by SMac.

GO RAVENS!!!

Hook, next time you call me a dumb-ass, don't expect such a kind return.

And you don't know shit about the NFL either. I mentioned two games that apparently you just glossed over because I was right and you were wrong and now you don't know what to other than turn into an asshole.

The fact is, no game is a layup whether you like it or not. And you believing that there is makes you ignorant person when it comes to football.

Now pay attention Hook, and learn to spell my name right or don't address me at all. Understood?

I mentioned two games that apparently you just glossed over because I was right and you were wrong and now you don't know what to other than turn into an asshole.

Actually you are very wrong. The Dolphins and Titans both have shots at the playoffs, sure its a slim chance but still last I checked they are very much alive. We should have blown the Brown up yesterday, those guys are trying to figure out who they are going to take in next years draft pick. So please spare us and stop with the any given Sunday BS.

You seem to be the one marginalizing or intensifying victories for the sake and convenience of defending kyle Boller. Kyle did OK. Ask around, Some people are afraid when he gets to play. Its nothing personal.

One more thing buddy stop crying like a baby when someone says the slightest of criticism of Kyle Boller. Some people may consider that being an asshole or being a dumb-ass.

I am not a hater
    I am not a hugger
    I am a Ravens fan.

HOOK

Listen carefully because I will only repeat this one last time son. Be an adult and act like one. You want to keep personally attacking me to cover your football ignorance, that is fine. But to try and talk about year dolphins and titans like they are playoff contenders is just a poor way to dodge reality. Sounds like you are the crybaby trying to talk shit after being wrong about something

And only someone with ignorance of the game would think that a team could look past any other team in this league.

Now. Act like a big boy and I'll talk to you like a big boy. Otherwise our conversation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    So if one would realistically give an unbiased evaluation of Boller you would rate him an A for arm strength, a C for accuracy and a D- for poise/decision making.
    Given the two bullseye bombs Boller planted right on the money, I do not agree with your "accuracy" rating, nor do I think anyone looking at the situation even semi-objectively would either. I also do not agree with your D- on decision making. I'd give him a C-, which is below average, and while it's not a D-, I do consider it to be a serious deficiency given his tenure and experience. For me, it's poor enough of a grade to say "pass" on Boller, and look elsewhere for a future QB.

But to say C for accuracy is just way off. By that standard, I think McNair would earn a C- or worse for accuracy, given how many passes of less than 10 or even 5 yards he's been unable to complete throughout the season. Yet, I would still prefer SM to KB with everything on the line, all other things being considered. (i.e. assuming SM is not hurt) I found myself many times throughout the game thinking: "Ok...NOW I understand why they needed to bring in SM, and I'm glad he's here, and I hope we win this game -- Boller makes me very nervous".

GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by skaybaltimore; 12-19-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    For me, Boller remains a very mixed bag. As far as distance and accuracy, I could possibly see SM making that pass to D Williams (although earlier SM -- before he left the game -- did miss Williams after he'd clearly gotten separation on a similar play), but I do NOT see SM hitting Clayton on that 45 yarder right at the sideline. I do not agree that Boller has no accuracy whatsoever. I also do not agree that Boller is a horrible QB. What seemed evident to me watching him on Sunday is that he continues to drive me crazy with his inconsistency.

That was a great pass and I was happy Boller connected. He drives many people crazy with his inconsistencies. If we support him, he will be a great raven. I just know it.

Otherwise our conversation is over.
    Our conversation has been over the moment You got insulted that I said Kyle did OK and when you got your titties in a knot because some people were taking out some of Boller stats to prove points. I think You are just too busy wipin kyle boller cum off your face to realize it, gheeseman. "Ok" is a C- like SkyBalt said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    That was a great pass and I was happy Boller connected. He drives many people crazy with his inconsistencies. If we support him, he will be a great raven. I just know it.
    I wish that were the case, but I don't share your optimism that somehow by supporting Boller it'll transfer the necessary confidence to him, or whatever it is that he needs to stop being so hyper when he's standing over the center. Even the announcer noted that Boller was trying to hurry back too quickly away from the center, and that he needs desperately to find a way to get more calm. How much more time and support does he need? I feel I have been a Boller supporter, although not a Boller hugger. I felt that in the past he had gotten an unfair "rap" due to the poor quality of his supporting cast. I thought that the majority of his "trips" were the result of the center stepping on his foot as he was pulling back.

But after nearly a full season of watching McNair, I saw something different yesterday. Boller just falls over his own feet sometimes; does not do whatever it takes to get the snaps cleanly; and just cannot control his focus while in the pocket. I've seen SM execute drive after drive this year that has accomplished exactly what it was intended to do -- control the ball, the clock, keep our D, and the opposing QB, on the bench. Sunday, it was back to the same old: "Uh oh....better hold our breath; you never quite know what Boller's going to do."

It's either feast or famine with him. And personally, I don't like that feeling. And while I'm neither a mind reader nor a lip reader, I could swear that even the players themselves were beginning to feel the same old sort of frustration, albiet mitigated by some of Boller's super passes.

I have nothing against him, but I do not agree that he is or should be the future QB of the Ravens. But I wish him well in his current role as backup QB. I'm just in no hurry to see him again, as long as SM is healthy.

GO RAVENS!!!

Alrighty Hook. It's apparent that you are a child and can't be a fucking adult. So on top of having very little knowledge when it comes to football, you've also become a dick. Time for a timeout for you little boy. It's on the ignore list for you.

When you think you can be a big boy and talk like the rest of us, let me know and we'll let you come back to the adult table.

BTW, I didn't get insulted. I debated with you. But you turned into a 3 year old child. But since you have the football knowledge of a 3 year old, now I see why.

Now go fuck off.

Wink Re: Not a debate, but Boller played

How about everyone take a deep breath and knock off the fuck you's etc..... We all want the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl, regardless of who takes the snaps.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Props, Mista T. But this whole Boller thing really seems to bring out the worst in folks.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I am judging Boller based on his entire career, not just this season. So as you can see, McNair is a major improvement over Boller, and his career QB ratings support it.
    Not really. Because your criteria are skewed, IMO; particularly the part about "based on his entire career", because it doesn't take into consideration improvement and progress. It sounds to me as if you're living more in the past, while the game is played in the present.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    fairly well today.

I said it in the game thread and I'll say it here. The coaches should have Kyle run a mile on the treadmill because he looks like a ProBowler when he's not hopping around like a rabbit on crack.

McNair is and should remain our starter, but Boller has proven he can play so we now have two viable QBs we can win with.
    I'm not sure of that. Kyle Boller is like a Diet Rex Grossman. He's hot one moment and absolutely stone cold the next. I want a consistent quarterback whose performance I can predict week-to-week in the postseason.