Thread: Playoff status

Blog Entries

Playoff status

WE'RE IN, clinched the playoff berth with the win.

Indy clinches their division, with JAX losing.

Oddly, even though they lose, with MIN losing and CAR losing, NO clinches a playoff berth too.

Now looking at tonight's IND - CIN game for our division title/first-round bye
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Playoff status

I hope you didn't start the popcorn for the Cincy game. It's tomorrow night :)

But tonight is important for us as well - Chargers vs Chiefs.

Blog Entries

yeah, my bad...I got the games mixed up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If Iny wins out and We win out who has tiebreakers? The NFL previously showed Indy with a 1/2 point lead over us but they have a worse divisional record that us?

Do they show the tiebreakers on current results?

If the Ravens and Colts both win out, the Colts take the tiebreaker on common opponents. No head-to-head, obviously. Conference record is the second tiebreaker, and it would be the same for us both if we both win out. Next is common opponents, which are TEN, DEN, BUF and CIN. If we both win out, the Colts' record among common opponents would be 4-1, and ours would be 3-2. Those games at Denver and Cincinnati would really come back to bite us in that case ...

So we need to win out and the Colts to lose one more to have a shot at taking the No. 2 seed. If it doesn't happen tonight, I could also see them losing to Miami in Week 17, particularly if Ronnie Brown is back.

I thought they counted Divisional record somewhere along the road. Still if this is so we may need the Bengals to win?

I thought they counted Divisional record somewhere along the road.
    Not in this case. To break a seeding tie between two division winners, you use the wild-card tiebreakers, which don't employ division record. Division record factors into divisional tiebreakers.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers