Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)



    Hi guys,
    Sorry I'm late - been busy all day. We're down 17-7 to the Vikings, mainly because Walker and Ivy have been useless.

    Troy looks pretty good though, and Ray Rice is dominating. GO RAVENS!!




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    1st, from the 36, give to Rice for 3 up the middle.
    2nd and 7, WOW. Troy eludes 2 sackers, and Troy makes some STELLAR moves to scramble for 18 and into Vikes territory! Unbelievable moves.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    1st from the 42, give to Rice, swallowed up, gain of 1.
    2nd and 9, 4 wide, Smith is sacked back at the Ravens 45. Ouch. Allen just bulled Slaughter back. Wasn't ready for it.
    3rd and 21, TO taken.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    1st and 10, holding on a miscued play.
    1st and 20, incomplete pass for Bollinger.
    2nd, dropped pass for Dugan.
    Minnesota takes a TO. 2:01 left.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, MD
    Posts
    747

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    I'm here.

    Getting a refresher on what crappy defense looks like. I don't like what I see.

    (note - "Read" should be viewed as the past tense here, not the imperative.)

    BS




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    3rd and 20, draw to Hicks, eaten up by Barnes. Punt team coming on - Troy gets a 2 minute drill.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Figurs gets to midfield, but the Ravens jumped offside. Rekick.

    Gets them to the 40 after the rekick.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    1st, shotgun, pass thrown slightly behind Clayton, tipped up and into Sharper's hands, returned to the 25. Honestly, catchable ball though, it was in his arms. Coulda been thrown better.

    Troy gets hit for a low block personal foul? Weak call.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, MD
    Posts
    747

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Good work by JJ and Bart on that last series of the half.

    BS




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Kick is good for the Vikes, 20-7. Halftime.




  11. #11

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Hey guys. I'm here. I decided to stay home tonight. Man I am glad I did.

    Sephy that was a horribly thrown ball. I watched it again. he threw it behind Clayton, who had to almost turn around.

    He can definately run. But we need someone who can run and throw. The dude just can't throw consistently. Starting to remind me of Michael Vick. You can't run an offensive with 5 pass attempts the whole half.

    And once again, our offensive line SUCKS!!!




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Hey guys. I'm here. I decided to stay home tonight. Man I am glad I did.

    Sephy that was a horribly thrown ball. I watched it again. he threw it behind Clayton, who had to almost turn around.

    He can definately run. But we need someone who can run and throw. The dude just can't throw consistently. Starting to remind me of Michael Vick. You can't run an offensive with 5 pass attempts the whole half.

    And once again, our offensive line SUCKS!!!
    Dunno, didn't look THAT badly thrown to me. It was definitely behind, but Clayton got his hands on it, and then it got popped up around. You obviously prefer a better throw there.




  13. #13

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Dunno, didn't look THAT badly thrown to me. It was definitely behind, but Clayton got his hands on it, and then it got popped up around. You obviously prefer a better throw there.
    It only hit his one hand as Clayton was reaching back for it.

    But yeah, you prefer a better throw there from any QB. It's maybe more frustrating because it seems like both Minnesota QB's could make that throw tonight.

    EDIT: JEESH!!! Even Brooks Bollinger can make these 19 yard throws!!


    I guess my other problem is that Smith's line is this: 3/5 for 25 yards and 1 INT. Yes, Smith ran like the wind. But how in the world do you evaluate Troy Smith based on 5 passes in a whole half???

    I have a feeling unless Boller just implodes, this QB competition may not be over yet and we'll have to go through this crap again next week.




  14. #14

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Hey guys. I'm here. I decided to stay home tonight. Man I am glad I did.

    Sephy that was a horribly thrown ball. I watched it again. he threw it behind Clayton, who had to almost turn around.

    He can definately run. But we need someone who can run and throw. The dude just can't throw consistently. Starting to remind me of Michael Vick. You can't run an offensive with 5 pass attempts the whole half.

    And once again, our offensive line SUCKS!!!
    Sephy starts the thread with TAroy is looking pretty good? Holy Bias batman...

    I agree, HOARRIBLE throw on that pick.

    I wouldn't even say he can definately run, besides the one big gain, he had several carries for virtually nothing. He certainly is no Tavaris Jackson... let alone Vince Young or Michael Vick...

    5 pass attempts had to do with the fact that the coaches don't trust him to throw, they didn't even call pass plays. It was handoffs and play action naked bootlegs.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikes (Preseason)

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sephy starts the thread with TAroy is looking pretty good? Holy Bias batman...

    I agree, HOARRIBLE throw on that pick.

    I wouldn't even say he can definately run, besides the one big gain, he had several carries for virtually nothing. He certainly is no Tavaris Jackson... let alone Vince Young or Michael Vick...

    5 pass attempts had to do with the fact that the coaches don't trust him to throw, they didn't even call pass plays. It was handoffs and play action naked bootlegs.
    I'm not biased about anyone. He was looking good his first series. He wasn't after that. Settle down over there.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland