Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens Sign FB Lorenzo Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Forget old. He is tough. We need tough. He may help toughen up the offense.
    And he looked pretty darn good in San Diego last year before he got hurt. Better IMHO than any blocking back we had. This is not a guy that has been sitting on the pine or out of football for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Since we're tapping into the active adult community for fullbacks, anyone know if Sam Gash is available?!?!!?
    He's the running backs coach in Detroit these days I do believe where our former O-line coach Jim Colletto is the new offensive co-ordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    The Redskins managed to find themselves a pro bowl DE when theirs went down...why can't Ozzie find a serviceable tackle? He hasn't been able to find a right tackle for the last decade..always seems to be right player wrong price with Ozzie. The Welborne fiasco sums it up perfectly. Yeah they signed Searcy and that didn't work out, does that mean you never sign a good right tackle again?

Tired of the excuses with Ozzie. There are always two or three positions completely ignored which could easily be that can be filled with cheap veterans. Just like he did with Neal at the least important position on the field, FB.

Like the Neal signing, would have loved Chris Henry, Welborne, or one of the 5 million backup TE's and rb's that are better than what they have.

Ravens say McClain is out of shape, very overweight doesn't work hard and they are going to move him to running back?
    one of the best in the biz just happened to be on Parcels bad side.... Are there any top notch tackles on Bill's payroll on his bad side? Grasping at straws on this one!!!

I like this pick up. Neal may be old but he's still one of the best at what he does. This is what the AP had to say about his first performance.

Feeling right at home in Cam Cameron's offense, the Pro Bowl fullback bulled up the middle to open holes for an assortment of running backs. After being cut by the San Diego Chargers in February, the 37-year-old Neal was virtually ignored despite making it clear he had no desire to retire. The 5-foot-11, 255-pounder stayed in excellent shape, and finally began preparing his return to the NFL after taking a call from Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome about a week and a half ago.

His acclimation with the Ravens' offense was made easier by his relationship with Cameron. Neal was San Diego's starting fullback when Cameron was the team's offensive coordinator from 2003-06, and both are delighted to be together again in Baltimore.

In 15 seasons with New Orleans, the New York Jets, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Cincinnati and San Diego, Neal has 214 carries for 782 yards. But running with the ball is not really his job; his task is to unselfishly plow a path for his backfield mate.

"I know my job. I don't need to run the ball," he said. "I'm just here to hit guys, be the battering ram that I can be."
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    one of the best in the biz just happened to be on Parcels bad side.... Are there any top notch tackles on Bill's payroll on his bad side? Grasping at straws on this one!!!
    Ozzie has had over a decade to find a RT and a real #1 receiver

Grasping at straws? Sounds like you are grasping at Ozzie's zipper.

Enjoy another year of bottom feeding offense, I know I won't.