Thumbs up Good read about OJ Brigance

I read this on Yahoo!. It's a good article about OJ Brigrance and his fight with Lou Gehrig's disease.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

On Thursday night, after a 16-15 preseason victory at New England, the players and coaches gathered in the locker room and linebacker Ray Lewis handed Harbaugh a game ball.

As Lewis handed the ball to Harbaugh, he said: “Coach, from all the men to a real man, thanks for getting us ready.”

In turn, Harbaugh said to the players, “I’m going to take this one step further. I’m going to give it to O.J.”

While it’s early in Harbaugh’s tenure, the moment was special.
    “It was one of the most meaningful things in my whole life because I felt like it was really sincere and that it was coming on behalf of the whole team,” said Harbaugh, whose hiring was criticized in some NFL inner circles because his primary background as an assistant was in special teams.

Class act by JH.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Good read about OJ Brigance

Very classy move indeed.

Makes you realize that these arguments about QBs and LBs are pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

PP

Re: Good read about OJ Brigance

Ditto!

OJ has always been one beautiful human being! I remember him when he played with the CFL Stallions, and he was the equivalent of an All-Pro in that league - he was, and always has been, a real class-act!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton