Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: McGahee Knee To Be Scoped

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Ravens winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years is just as likely as me beating Michael Phelps in the 200m Fly. Our front office just does not know how to assemble a legit SB contender.
    I've never seen you swim, but methinks this is a Streeeeeeetch! ANY team has more chance to win the SB in the next 3 years than you or anyone has to beat Mr. Phelps, I'm-a-thinkin'!

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Sure, just like Rolle, Williams, JO and Heap were always a week away from coming back last year...FO does this every year. Wouldn't be surprised if McGahee and Reed didn't play till week 6.
    Except that you at least have depth at the RB position when you look at Ray Rice, and now the possibility of even LeRon McClain possibly getting some snaps back there.

I just don't think you pick up a Shawn Alexander knowing you have to dump one of these guys when McGahee does come back.

No I think a guy more like Jesse Chatman or Musa Smith, both potentially on the chopblock up in New Jersey are more inline with what we may need before Willis gets back.

Houston Raven,

In regards to salary cap, its not whether the Ravens are in jail or not, its how they divvy it up. The Front Office devotes too much of it to our 'star players', and those players' contracts are way more than they deserve. I would have liked to save some of the cap to attract a better than league minimum OT this year. Maybe if the FO did not overpay McGahee & Heap & some others... they could have had some extra dough to attract Barry Sims earlier. Sims sure would have helped considering the current situation. Perennial good teams like the Patriots, Colts, and the Eagles (last year notwithstanding) are much better at manipulating the cap with their players. Our future cap situation is going to get interesting with Suggs, Scott, Ray, Ngata, Jason Brown... all up for renewals. If all our high paid star players stay healthy, sure we can have a very successful season, but that is not realistic in today's NFL.

ravensnhokies,

I dont dispute anything you say. Fanman made the claim the Ravens had perenial cap issues. I was pointing out that it was incorrect. Compared to other teams, we do not have nearly the level of management that teams like the Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins have.

How that money is divided is certainly open for debate.

I hope this was only a clean up.

I'm starting to worry about his health.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I hope this was only a clean up.

I'm starting to worry about his health.
    If I read correctly that is what it was.

But I'm with you. I'm starting to worry a little too. I hope Ray Rice is everything he's cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If I read correctly that is what it was.

But I'm with you. I'm starting to worry a little too. I hope Ray Rice is everything he's cracked up to be.
    O, they are gonna stick to the story that it was only a clean up.

And it certainly could've been. But if it wasn't, they aren't gonna tell anyone that on August 13.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ravensnhokies,

I dont dispute anything you say. Fanman made the claim the Ravens had perenial cap issues. I was pointing out that it was incorrect. Compared to other teams, we do not have nearly the level of management that teams like the Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins have.

How that money is divided is certainly open for debate.
    First of all, we had one of the biggest cap purges in the history of the cap in 2002.

The are strapped right now.

They give out ENORMOUS contracts to star players which hampers then when signing mid-level players and players for depth.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    First of all, we had one of the biggest cap purges in the history of the cap in 2002.
    OK. I never claimed otherwise. I couldnt find data on 2003 so put that in the "way under" column.

The are strapped right now
    They are? They have $5 Million in room. Depends on your definition of "strapped"

They give out ENORMOUS contracts to star players which hampers then when signing mid-level players and players for depth
    No argument from me here. What does this have to do with Fanman's caim and my response? Poor salary management sure, but we're not in cap jail year after year, as claimed by Fanman.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    OK. I never claimed otherwise. I couldnt find data on 2003 so put that in the "way under" column.

They are? They have $5 Million in room. Depends on your definition of "strapped"

No argument from me here. What does this have to do with Fanman's caim and my response? Poor salary management sure, but we're not in cap jail year after year, as claimed by Fanman.
    They had no room to sign anyone of significance this offseason Houston.

Why? Cause they were in cap jail.

One major reason for that is the enormous deals they've given to stars. It goes hand and hand.

PP

They had no room to sign anyone of significance this offseason Houston.

Why? Cause they were in cap jail.

PP
    Agreed again.

So I still ask .... what does this have to do with Fanman's claim we're always in cap jail?