Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: McGahee Knee To Be Scoped

You may as well start the scope on his heart, along with Ray's, Ed Reed's and add Terrell Suggs. Also may want to scope Ozzie's head, though it would be a quick procedure. Don't forget we gave away two third round picks as well as giving McGahee Top Five RB $$$. But the RT position has never been addressed since the Ravens have been in Baltimore. Ozzie's an idiot. And the owner a'int far behind. Poor Harbaugh. He is all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    You may as well start the scope on his heart, along with Ray's, Ed Reed's and add Terrell Suggs. Also may want to scope Ozzie's head, though it would be a quick procedure. Don't forget we gave away two third round picks as well as giving McGahee Top Five RB $$$. But the RT position has never been addressed since the Ravens have been in Baltimore. Ozzie's an idiot. And the owner a'int far behind. Poor Harbaugh. He is all alone.
    you have got to be kidding me.your questioning ray lewis" heart?????you have got to let us know some how when you are telling a joke.ray lewis wants to win as bad as anybody.ed reed plays his ass off every play he is on the field.i think you should be thrown off the board for such statements.

as for the RT position...we have made a few signings i am drawing a blank on the free agent we signed from the jags a few years ago but he was hurt in training camp.we brought in orlando brown and we wasnt on no level as ogden but damn give some credit.you sound like you have no faith at all in the baltimore ravens franchise and how you gonna give harb all this credit about he is alone and ozzie and SB are idiots??????

he hasnt even coached in a regualr season game yet and your giving the man more credit then people who have been it their jobs for years.

dont get me wrong i like harb but you cant put him up there and you know nothing about him in the regualr season yet

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Well, Ozzie doesn't seem to have anyone on speed dial to try and help the mess at the tackle spot.
    No kidding!

And the RB spot, even with McGahee's surgery, seems a bit more stable than the tackle spot.

PP
    I don't understand why you would bring in someone like a Shawn Alexander or Davenport if McGahee is only going to be out until maybe week 2.

Somehow that doesn't jive with me.

McGahee had a pretty good year last year. I wouldn't throw him under the bus just yet. Sure there are some questionable character traits but he was solid last year.

He was 8th in the NFL and 4th in the AFC in rushing...seems like folks are being a bit hasty here.

We paid McGahee big $$$ to not pull off this come to camp in poor shape crap. This is why I seriously question Oz and the Front Office's plan to create a perennial Super Bowl contender when they sign a known Flake to a ludicrous contract. Come on, his 07 season was very good (better than I expected) but it was not amazing or Top 5 in the NFL like he is paid. Jeez it took about 4 other RBs to turn down their Pro Bowl invitations for him to go. Has Heap been worth his contract? In 2007, he had the highest salary cap figure for TEs. Trickle down effect.... No money for OTs, quality depth.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No kidding!

I don't understand why you would bring in someone like a Shawn Alexander or Davenport if McGahee is only going to be out until maybe week 2.

Somehow that doesn't jive with me.

Sure, just like Rolle, Williams, JO and Heap were always a week away from coming back last year...FO does this every year. Wouldn't be surprised if McGahee and Reed didn't play till week 6.

mcgahee just gotten his knee scoped.he played fairly well last year and even more so for the lack of passing game we had.give the man some credit.yes,i agree him showing up out of shape and not reporting to more then one of the OTA's is bullshit.but let the man get into the year and THEN judge.it doesnt take only one player to win a super bowl.but if we win one in the next 3 years with him and he rushes for 1,500 yards all you haters will jump right on the #23 band wagon

Ravens winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years is just as likely as me beating Michael Phelps in the 200m Fly. Our front office just does not know how to assemble a legit SB contender.

I am starting to agree w/ the view our FO is not as good as its reputation.

The depth and salary cap issues have been continuing problems and they need to get better sooner vs later.

FM

Depth yes.

Cap issues though? Last two years we were fine with the cap. There are teams out there that are in cap jail every year. We hardly come close to that problem.

All teams bump up against the cap from time to time -- thats what it is designed to do.

Cap issues yes......where have you been?

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Cap issues yes......where have you been?

FM
    Ive been following a team called the Baltimore Ravens. Not sure who you're looking at.

Lets recap ....

2008 -- we're in moderate cap trouble, but still under so far at $5 Million.
    2007 -- under; $5.7 Million
    2006 -- under; $15 Million
    2005 -- under (not by much; depending on the site, it varies from $4 Million to $7 Million)
    2004 -- cant find any data but memory serves me as this was an over year
    2003 -- ditto. over big time

So they ride the tide that all teams ride.