OT / UFC 87 is Tonight

And now the return of my monthly plea to get peeps into MMA ....

Tonight is the first fight in about 3 years where the top 3 fights are ALL main-event worthy.

If anyone cares to give it a look, here is the preview so you can learn the fighters ....

http://87.ufc.com

FWIW, and to those who are already addicted like me, I am very interested to see if Brock Lesnar can actually hang in the UFC or if he's all fake like his persona when he was in the WWE.

Re: OT / UFC 87 is Tonight

This is pretty much make or break for Brock. If he wins then he should be able to stick around for a while even if he loses another fight after this cause it shows he can compete in UFC, if he loses he will have to go and fight outside the UFC and win his way back to another opportunity in UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by JonG316 View Post
    This is pretty much make or break for Brock. If he wins then he should be able to stick around for a while even if he loses another fight after this cause it shows he can compete in UFC, if he loses he will have to go and fight outside the UFC and win his way back to another opportunity in UFC.
    I am concerned he is fighting in main events when he never worked his way up. If he gets KO'd, you might as well say hes done for good.

I need to start watching UFC
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Well that was pretty much a clinic on how to use your superior wrestling skills and obvious over matched strength on someone. If Brock can learn to finish from the dominant positions he can get in he'll be really dangerous. I also like how he understands the game you can play with the fans. He's already gonna have MMA purist hating him cause he was in the WWE so he might as well act like an asshole and be the bad guy that they pay to see fight hoping he gets his ass kicked. All and all the perfect night for Brock.

Also other then the 12 second KO all the fights shown on the PPV were fantastic.

Well that was pretty much a clinic on how to use your superior wrestling skills and obvious over matched strength on someone. If Brock can learn to finish from the dominant positions he can get in he'll be really dangerous. I also like how he understands the game you can play with the fans. He's already gonna have MMA purist hating him cause he was in the WWE so he might as well act like an asshole and be the bad guy that they pay to see fight hoping he gets his ass kicked. All and all the perfect night for Brock.

Also other then the 12 second KO all the fights shown on the PPV were fantastic.
    Herring is no pushover. It was a great fight.

I am going to take exception about one thing.

Lesnar being pushed as a heel may have worked in the WWE. But the fans of the UFC and MMA in general wont buy this stuff. Brock is actually a really nice guy. It was disappointing to see him do this fake "rub it in Herrings face" after the fight. It has marketing written all over it. I understand why they wanted to do it, but when you're trying to shake the image that MMA is somehow fixed, this is exactly the wrong thing to do.

They were some amazing fights for sure -- I was shocked to see Kenny Florian put on the clinic he did. I was like many other and thought him to be washed up.