Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ravens Projected 53 Man Roster (updated version 2).1

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    LOL.

Dave, I see you haven't lost your arrogance. Are you still reading books and writing papers so that you can come off as more intelligent than everyone else on the board?

I post two things that aren't Pro Smith/Anti Boller from the people you accuse of being biased.

And your response is telling me that because there are multiple media members at camp Aaron must write something he doesn't believe? That's basically saying that Aaron, if he viewed a practice by himself with no other media members, would write positive for Troy and negative for Boller.

Is that what you are saying? That Aaron only writes negatives about Smith because other people are sitting next to him watching the same practice? That's pretty damning.

And I have never seen him say he's against starting Boller. Ever.

I'm done with this conversation. You come back and all of a sudden it's a crying session for Kyle Boller. AGAIN. It's old and tiresome.

At least move this junk to the QB forum.

PP

Sure, whatever PP. Literally, do you do any of the Ravens insider chats? Did you miss the memo? Aaron is for starting Troy and against starting Boller, and this was pretty clearly stated by him in a few chats.

And his articles reflect this.

I think you're the only person saying they don't. So if you want to be done with the conversation, then be done with it. Don't reply. Then you are done with it. But if you want to argue there isn't a bias, I will argue against that, because the proof is in the pudding AND coming straight from the horses mouth. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That first paragraph sounds like it was written by someone who was very disappointed to e seeing what he was seeing, and wished that he had positive things to wrote about Troy, but he didn't.

Andthe second set of snippets? Kyle fairs much better under the blitz pressre, throws the best ball of the day and he is "holding steady"...

The defensive backfield jokes that they don't even need to play and Troy is "falling again"....
    It sounds like there was NOTHING positive to write, what do you want him to make things up.

Thank you. This is the same guy that said in a previous QB update that Boller was improving in his mechanics and accuracy then said he didn't have a positive day. And would say Smith has troubles with his fundamentals and prone to miscues, but his stock was "Rising".

And again, read his preseason game one wrap-up.

BTW, all of this while still maintaing that no matter what, Smith will be the regular season starter.

Of course, now that a number of us are calling him out, I am curious to see if Smith has a preseason game with similar stats to Boller's first game, if he writes a similar article.

Anyway, I give up on this arguement. We're just going in circles now.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Thank you. This is the same guy that said in a previous QB update that Boller was improving in his mechanics and accuracy then said he didn't have a positive day. And would say Smith has troubles with his fundamentals and prone to miscues, but his stock was "Rising".

And again, read his preseason game one wrap-up.

BTW, all of this while still maintaing that no matter what, Smith will be the regular season starter.

Of course, now that a number of us are calling him out, I am curious to see if Smith has a preseason game with similar stats to Boller's first game, if he writes a similar article.

Anyway, I give up on this arguement. We're just going in circles now.

Its not unproductive. It lets me know that I'm not crazy when I read a Preston or Aaron Wilson orriginal and I feel like puking.

There was a time in sports media and in general when the media tried to be impartial. Those days are obviously over, and its frustrating.

PP doesn't seem frustrated because he doesn't think the bias and there. But I imagine because he thinks that Boller sucks (which I understand why thinks that) and what Aaron says fits into that.

However, being at the game myself and having Pats fans tell me that Smith looked terrible and erratic that game and then reading Aaron say that Smith outplayed Boller . . . I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Its not unproductive. It lets me know that I'm not crazy when I read a Preston or Aaron Wilson orriginal and I feel like puking.

There was a time in sports media and in general when the media tried to be impartial. Those days are obviously over, and its frustrating.

PP doesn't seem frustrated because he doesn't think the bias and there. But I imagine because he thinks that Boller sucks (which I understand why thinks that) and what Aaron says fits into that.

However, being at the game myself and having Pats fans tell me that Smith looked terrible and erratic that game and then reading Aaron say that Smith outplayed Boller . . . I give up.

See, but this isn't even ABOUT Boller and Smith as it pertains to how we as fans feel about them. If you're going to start Smith no matter how he plays in practice and the preseason, then just announce it and be done with it and put this fake open competition behind us and get to the business of playing football.

This is about how the two are being REPORTED. They both left a lot to be desired on Thursday but the fact is Boller played better than Smith in the game. Doesn't mean anything for the regular season, and we all knew that. But the reporting was slanted to make it look like Smith was far and away the better QB, in some cases simply by omitting things like balls that hit defenders in the hands, or the poorly thrown ball off his back foot that was batted down right in front of him.

And it's been like this since Training Camp.

That's why I keep saying, if the media is to be believed, then just announce Smith as the starter and let's just be done with all this and get ready for the Bengals!!

Let's switch gears a bit:

Jeremiah, you need to update your chart. Justin Green was cut today. No indication as to why, but he's gone. That leaves McClain as the single FB for the team.

Also Prescott Burgess and PJ Daniels were IR'ed today. You had that nailed!