The front office believes in Kyle a lot more than the fans, other players, other teams and people who don't even watch football do.

I like him and buy a lot of excuses for some of his early struggles, but was glad they got McNair when they did, and I would have at least been talking to Cullpeper and Leftwich last year. Boller deserves one last chance this preseason with a new OC, but if he continues to outpace his TDs with twice as many turnovers, he has got to go.

Then we start Troy week 1 and try to get another vet qb up to speed to back him up.

If Boller plays well though, which I actually think he will, I can see the Ravens offering him another contract. There is no pressure to start Troy Smith because he is a 5th round pick they will keep around as long as they want to.

I am a big Troy Smith fan, and hope all 3 QBs play well and he wins the job, but the best thing I can say for the QB compettion is it really does appear to be open and fair. If none of the QBs look good, I believe they will not hesitate to get someone else in here at Kyle's expense.

The whole depth chart/ 53 is really interesting especially since we don't know the new coaches profile. I think the safties we have could definitly fill in as the 5th CB on a reseve slot WR.

There is at least one decent player actually fighting to make the team at almost every position. It will keep the 4th quarter of every preseason game interesting (as if I would not have been watching anyway).