Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for Ravens vs. NE

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I have no doubts it will be different.

I just don't think Thursday's game was this earth shattering difference that others seem to think it was.

PP
    Earth shattering? No...but it was nice to see presnap motion and screens and an audible called...you know that like you I was a Billick guy and thought he shouldn't have been let go, but the one thing that drove me nuts was how he sucked all rhythm out of our offense, at times intentionally (against strong offensive teams to keep them off the field)....it was nice to see some up tempo stuff, even if the net result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Earth shattering? No...but it was nice to see presnap motion and screens and an audible called...you know that like you I was a Billick guy and thought he shouldn't have been let go, but the one thing that drove me nuts was how he sucked all rhythm out of our offense, at times intentionally (against strong offensive teams to keep them off the field)....it was nice to see some up tempo stuff, even if the net result is the same.
    Gotcha.

I can go with that.

I guess I was a bit surprised at the overall reaction by alot of people. It was almost as if ANYTHING different got blown a bit out of proportion. JMO.

I get that people are excited for something new and I'm sure we'll see it unfold in the upcoming months.

Some people might spontaneously combust if last Thursday got them this excited.

PP

I agree that the offense may not be any better than last year - and may possibly be worse - but what I saw that I really, really liked was the tempo they had getting in and out of the huddle and up to the LOS. The OL was actually sprinting to the LOS.

Too often during Billick's time here, they would have to burn a TO or get a delay penalty.

Also - albeit for one week - the lack of dumb penalties has nice to see.

IMO, had Billick been better able to correct those issues, he might still be around.

So, while the offense may not be better, they hopefully won't be making things worse for themselves as they seemed to do too often in the past.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    So, while the offense may not be better, they hopefully won't be making things worse for themselves as they seemed to do too often in the past.
    Absolutely. It'd be nice for once to see the offense not beat itself...

Lack of talent is another thing. But stupid mistakes and terrible play calling were tiring...

- C -