Thread: Vanderjagt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Vanderjagt

Today's SI Truth and Rumours section mentioned he might be cut from Dallas.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

What an idiot kicker.

Seriously, I'm almost scared for when Stover retires...people think he's weak because he can't do KO, but I'm dreading the day we have to worry about FGs in the 35-45 yard range.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Vanderjagt

Vanderjagt made the biggest mistake when he thought a kicker was more important than just being a kicker.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Seriously, I'm almost scared for when Stover retires...people think he's weak because he can't do KO, but I'm dreading the day we have to worry about FGs in the 35-45 yard range.

Couldn't agree with you more. I would carry 5 kickers on my team if it meant that I could go 100% inside the 40.

I find it very hard to believe that the Cowboys would cut Vanderjagt, unless they really question his health. How many kickers did Parcells go through last year? I think he cut a couple of PKs during the season because they weren't getting the job done.

And I agree about Stover -- we've been really spoiled by his reliability. I remember feeling shocked when he missed those FGs against the Colts last year, because it was so unexpected.

I believe this even less than I believe that Tony Romo has a legit shot at replacing Drew Bledsoe this year.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

What a load of crap that "rumor" is,he is going to get cut because of a groin pull??? Unless it is a career threatening injury I dont think so,and isnt there something in the new CBA about not being able to cut someone because of injury?Up until last years playoff game this guy was one of the top 3 kickers in the game,and now all of the sudden he is going to get cut?

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...ad.php?t=27746
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 08-24-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Is he getting liqoured up and running his mouth again