Sport Steve In The Hall of Fame!!!

Yesterday, our very own Sports Steve LaPlanche got himself voted into the Hall of Fame by Pro Footballs Ultimate Fan Association. I'm proud to say he's my lodge brother in RR 18 and anybody who's ever met him will tell you he deserves this honor. :happyanim

WAY TO GO STEVE!!!

Here's his bio:

Name: Steve LaPlanche (Sports Steve)

Public Information
    Team Baltimore Ravens
    Visa Year Draft Prospect
    HOF Year Draft Prospect
    Bio My name is Steve LaPlanche and I have been a Baltimore Football fan since I was born. My Dad was an original Baltimore Colts season ticket holder and began taking me to the home games in 1956. I have NOT MISSED a Baltimore football game since 1956. Around Maryland I'm known as
    "Sports Steve". I have been a season ticket holder of the following Baltimore teams Colts, Stars (USFL). Stallions (CFL) and finally our new team in 1996 the Baltimore Ravens. I travel to at least two (2) away games a year. I have my own web site that will give the committee a more complete story of my life with Baltimore Football. The address of that site is SportsSteve.com. I dress in Ravens colors for every game and even do a lot of charity work of which I wear the outfit. The outfit consist of a custom cape that cost me over $ 800.00 to design, I now wear over 50 lbs. on gameday for up to 8 hours every game day. I was the selected the featured Ravens fan in Madden 2005. I lead cheers throughout the stadium getting fans fired up. When the Baltimore Colts left town in the middle of the night I was the only fan that stayed there the entire night until day break. I was cold but so shocked that I didn't realize how cold. You may have seen the famous picture of the Mayflower van pulling away with the Baltimore Colts sign in the background. There is a man standing next to the sign that's me. This is documented in the Baltimore Sun papers the following morning. I live and die with my Baltimore Ravens. I am the longest current member in Ravens Roost # 18 of Glen Burnie, Maryland and have been a member since 1978. I have had my own personal fan football card for two (2) years now. The day that Art Modell announced the name of the team as "Ravens" I was there with about 500 other people. I may be the only fan in Baltimore that can claim to be to every Baltimore home football game since 1956. I was featured in the Baltimore Ravens 2007 yearbook this past year on page 129 they did a half page story on me as "The Iron Fan." All the Ravens know me. Right now I'm getting ready to do a charity for the Special Olympics Maryland as a Super Plunger in 2008 Polar Bear Plunge. As a Super Plunger you make a plunge every hour on the hour into the cold bay for 24 straight hours. The requirement you must raise $ 10,000 for the Special Olympics. I have passed that mark a total of $ 12,664.00 for the Maryland Special Olympics. The 3am plunge the water was 34 and the wind chill was 5 below zero that was the hardest plunge of the entire event.

Before the 2007 football season I was featured in the September 2007 issue of Baltimore Magazine. I was also ask by Profootball24x7.com to do a commercial for that site. That was done in all my Ravens gameday gear in near 100 degree weather in August of 2007. When I go to the Ravens training always by the first day I dress in all my gameday gear even though it's hot as hell. This is to show the team I'm there for them. Once ask why I said if the players need to get in shape for the season I need to get ready also.

Being drafted by the PFUFA is a dream come true and I want to be a member so bad. I don't just join groups to be a member I get behind the clubs and do things for the group. I was selected as NFL fan of the week in October of 2006 by Sports Illustrated. On my web site is numerous photos of me. I was such a close friend of Johnny Unitas that when he was leaving the field in 1959 he put his cape on my back. I still have that cape today. John Unitas was more like an uncle to me then a friend.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Sport Steve In The Hall of Fame!!!

Congrats to Sports Steve !!
    -from another member of RR18

Hey Dan, you need to change your sig line now. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Who says loyalty isn't rewarded?

Congrats brother!

I can't think of a better person to get such an honor into the Hall Of Fame. He has been to every Baltimore home football game since 1956. I don't know another person who could claim that. He eats and drinks Baltimore football. Not mention all he does for charity. Why just last year he raised $ 12,664 for Special Olympics Maryland as a Super Plunger in the Polar Bear plunge. When you see Sports Steve tell him how proud of him that you are. He is a real asset to not only the city of Baltimore but, the entire state of Maryland.

I still would like to know how he wears those 50 lbs. of beads with that wool cape each and every game and works the sections around him to get fired up during the games..

I know Ravens Roost 18 is proud to have him as a member. Many may not know he has been in law enforcement for over 30 years and also works with toubled juveniles.

Way To Go Sports Steve

Hall Of Fame Yeah Baby

Congrats Sports Steve! I can't think of any fan more deserving.

Sports Steve has deserved this award for years and it is long overdue.

To All Ravens Fans,

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have either called or e-mailed me. I have received over 200 e-mails. I am totally overwhelmed to be in the Pro Foootball Hall Of Fame / Hall Of Fans. I never thought going to my first game at age three (3) in 1956 would come to this point in my life.

I also want to thank Captain Dee-Fense who was the one that nominated me for the Hall Of Fame. If you see Captain Dee please tell him thanks. I have been so blessed and seen so much Baltimore football being to every home game since 1956. I have had a wonderful life with football. If I died today I had more then my share of wonderful football memories.

I would like to thank all my Ravens Roost 18 members for supporting me thoughtout. You guys are very special to me and you know that. I only wish my good friend Johnny Unitas was still here to share the moment. Johnny I know you're smiling up in heaven and, I miss you very much.

This is a dream come true and I hope it will help in my efforts for charity fund raising like the Maryland Special Olympics which is my main one that I support.

We have great fans in Baltimore and you deserve football here in this city. I love all you guys and enjoy seeing you all at the games. All of you have been so kind to me. I only want to get the fans fired up at Raven games and get the crowd loud.

In closing, God Bless You and your family let's hope we have a great season.

Sincerely,
    Sports Steve LaPlanche

GO RAVENS

Congrats Steve, must be a great honour for you.

And a great honour for me to have a met a Hall of Famer and raised a drink with him at a Ravens tailgate. :D
    Last edited by UKRavenStockers; 08-07-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Good article on our friendly neighborhood media whore. ;) :D

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi...8/08_10-24/TOP
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!