Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Billick:12th man needed

On NST right now and he is talking about how the fans need to make this a place that noone wants to play over the next three weeks and throughout the playoffs.

Said the players,especially the DE's lick their chops when the noise is that loud and they know the tackles cant hear the snap count.

I for one will not be able to talk come Monday as I have tickets to both games,and hope everyone that is there with me will be just as loud

Coaches orders!!!
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 12-12-2006 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Post title

Wink Re: Billick:6th man needed

Ok - I promise to go hoarse again, although I will also pace myself to have something left for the 4th quarter.

... but I don't get your thread title. 6th man
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Billick:6th man needed

I just heard him calling the fans out again, typical Billick. He's worried the fans will be taking it easy since we're playing the Clowns & he wants the place loud. He doen't want a let down. WE need to show everyone that our house is not a place you want to be. No one better tell me to sit down the next 2 home games & the playoffs!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Yea, that should be the 12th man

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

That kind of irks me with Billick, this calling the fans out all the time. If the team did it's job as well as the fans for all four quarters we'd probably be undefeated. He lets them coast for half a game and then get going. Just concentrate on the team Brian the fans know what the hell they are supposed to do and they do it very well!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    I just heard him calling the fans out again, typical Billick. He's worried the fans will be taking it easy since we're playing the Clowns & he wants the place loud. He doen't want a let down. WE need to show everyone that our house is not a place you want to be. No one better tell me to sit down the next 2 home games & the playoffs!!!
    That kind of irks me with Billick, this calling the fans out all the time. If the team did it's job as well as the fans for all four quarters we'd probably be undefeated. He lets them coast for half a game and then get going. Just concentrate on the team Brian the fans know what the hell they are supposed to do and they do it very well!
    First Billick did not call us out. Did you hear the entire conversation? During the first minute of the interview he praised our fans and said he thinks we are just as loud and passionate as the almighty Cheifs fans.

He also said the Stealers game this year was the loudest he has ever heard it. He then went on to say that he hopes it is that loud for the rest of the season. So, if you think him saying that he wants it that loud for the rest of the season is calling us out, then so be it. He was also asked if there are times when it is not as loud as he would like and he answered truthfully yes. He said something to the effect of "One fan in the stand says to himself ‘I am a little spent now let the guy next to me cheer now’" and the level goes down. He also said there are sometimes ebbs and flows to the volume, and that it is a crowd mentality, but that is expected.

I will tell you this. There was a huge difference between the Falcons game and the Ravens game this year. The stadium was very subdued during the Falcons game.

Billick said he is very pleased with the fans and he expects us to keep it up. He was just reiterating what we all already know. The fans when loud can have an impact on the game. He credit the fans with all of the sacks the team had on Big Ben and wants to see more of that in the final home games.

I think our fans have come a long way in the past 8 years in the stadium, but I think they need to be reminded every once in a while.

For example you should try to be quiet when the Ravens are on offense. That way the line can hear the calls and the snap count. There are times when the fans forget that. Also you don’t have to wait for 3rd down to yell. You should yell the entire time the opponent is on offense. (just my opinion and I know what they say about opinions)
    Section 106 from start to finish!

I heard most of the interview and unless I missed something Billick didn't "call the fans out".

He stated how important it is that the fans make their presence felt at the game.

I see no reason why this bothers anyone. He certainly wasn't complaining or bitching about the fans in any way.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    No they don't! I have zero problem with this. He doesn't want the Clowns to sneak up on us while the fans are already looking for playoff tickets. I've been to plenty of games where for whatever reason, the fans were as flat as the team. Why would this irk anyone?

Billick is calling the fans out without saying it. Read between the lines people. Haven't you ever had a coach or a boss deliver you a message without saying what he means? You're supposed to figure it out. That's what Billick did. Yes he praised the fans to start, but his message was telling us how to do what we do. Nothing else can be taken from it. & don't tell me I am bashing Billick, because I am not. I am a fan who has supported Billick thru good & bad.

Reminding the fans of how much the crowd noise had an impact at the Sqealer game and saying keep it up does not = calling them out. Billick is a little smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Billick is calling the fans out without saying it. Read between the lines people. Haven't you ever had a coach or a boss deliver you a message without saying what he means? You're supposed to figure it out. That's what Billick did. Yes he praised the fans to start, but his message was telling us how to do what we do. Nothing else can be taken from it. & don't tell me I am bashing Billick, because I am not. I am a fan who has supported Billick thru good & bad.
    There's a difference between reading between the lines and reading too much into a situation.

I heard what he said and there wasn't any underlying mean than what he said. If you believe he was calling the fans out, so be it.

And to be honest, I wish some of our fans would figure out how to cheer because there is a right and a wrong way. I cannot tell you how many times people scream and go nuts when we have the ball. It's infuriating and it's not hard to understand that you cheer and make noise when we're on defense, not offense.

PP

Let's face it - for some, Billick can do or say nothing right. If you feel that his comments are "calling out" the fans, than you probably are one of the fans that he's referring to.