Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Billick:6th man needed

I could not possibly be any louder! I keeping telling my father this is how all the money he spent on voice lessons is being used, I can"project" my voice and know how to breathe.

most here must be PSL owners, it states in our PSL owners manuals on Page 4, section 3, paragraph A2, (and I do quote)

"A current PSL owner must bring their loudest vocal chords, and use those same vocal chords when the Ravens are on Defense for all the possesion of the visiting team", and if failure to accompolish this task, your PSL's can be revoked and given to someone who will follow these simple but needed rules........

given by permission of Brian Billick
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

I was going to post on this topic later in the week. After a big win last week there can be a tendency to not be as loud or intense, especially with the perception of opponets like Cleveland and Buffalo. Look at the Atlanta game, there was 0 enery from the crowd at the start of that game (regardless of playing like S for the first half).

SO, get in the Stadium early, its the Defenses turn to get introduced and make it loud. Its an AFC North Game, and its freaking Cleveland.

4. Re: Billick:6th man needed

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    I agree, I'm not trying to be negative, although a few of my friends here seem to think so. If you read my 1st post, I said Billick is probably worried about the fans taking it easy since we're playing the Browns & he wants it loud. I have no problem with that, but I already know what my job is on Sunday. I think the fans are ready, I know my group is.
    This is negative :grbac:
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    That kind of irks me with Billick, this calling the fans out all the time. If the team did it's job as well as the fans for all four quarters we'd probably be undefeated. He lets them coast for half a game and then get going. Just concentrate on the team Brian the fans know what the hell they are supposed to do and they do it very well!

It's nice that if someone deviates from the party line he is stoned for his difference of opinion. It's nice to come to a spot & talk & share opinions with fellow Ravens fans who respect other fans opinions. I feel like I'm living in that 1 party state of Maryland again. All is fine as long as it what the Democrats say it shall be. You will find no bigger Raven or Billick fan than me.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

it doesn't matter...this game will be 24-0 by halftime...this will be a blowout, boys...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    My first question would be, "How does AZRAVEN get irked by Billick's request when he doesn't attend home games?":grbac:

I personally will be there Sunday and I'm gonna scream until my lungs bleed if necessary...I love it when the coach of my beloved Ravens challenges me to be better than I was the last game...

Lord Billick isn't some cupcake creampuff like Marchiabroda...He acknowledges us as a part of the team and expects us to perform according to the parameters and schematics of the defense...:D

Thank You, Ravenous52. It's about time someone got it right. Billick has always tried to bring the relationship between the team and the fans closer. I wish the insecure ones here would find another team with a coach who doesn't care about the fans. At least they wouldn't have to be worried about being "called out". :grbac:

My goodness . . . . for having such a record, we are all a little cranky, aren't we?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if you don't agree with it

Carry on :D
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    That kind of irks me with Billick, this calling the fans out all the time. If the team did it's job as well as the fans for all four quarters we'd probably be undefeated. He lets them coast for half a game and then get going. Just concentrate on the team Brian the fans know what the hell they are supposed to do and they do it very well!
    I listened to the whole phone conversation, and there was NO feeling of calling out the fans. What he said is that, for being the most feared outdoor venue, the KC fans had absolutely nothing on the M&T fans, and to make sure we had no letdown just because it was a team we " should" beat!;)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The problem is some people are talking about what Billick said without actually having heard him say it.

Another issue is semantics. One poster said he was calling us out, meaning he was telling us to do our jobs. I missed this interview but I have heard him enough to know he is just reminding us to do our jobs just like he is reminding the players to block and tackle and protect the ball. He didn't mean Billick was insulting us, but that is how most people use "calling out" - it's an insult to be called out. One poster picked up on that and having not heard the interview assumed he was insulting the fans when he was just "coaching us up."

If you don't listen to Billick regularly he can grate on you, but if you listen to his call in show (ONLY HC IN THE NFL THAT ACTUALLY TAKES CALLS FROM FANS, AND HE DOES IT WEEKLY) he is actually a very nice guy who respects everybody and NEVER insults anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The problem is some people are talking about what Billick said without actually having heard him say it.

Another issue is semantics. One poster said he was calling us out, meaning he was telling us to do our jobs. I missed this interview but I have heard him enough to know he is just reminding us to do our jobs just like he is reminding the players to block and tackle and protect the ball. He didn't mean Billick was insulting us, but that is how most people use "calling out" - it's an insult to be called out. One poster picked up on that and having not heard the interview assumed he was insulting the fans when he was just "coaching us up."

If you don't listen to Billick regularly he can grate on you, but if you listen to his call in show (ONLY HC IN THE NFL THAT ACTUALLY TAKES CALLS FROM FANS, AND HE DOES IT WEEKLY) he is actually a very nice guy who respects everybody and NEVER insults anybody.
    Greg nailed it.

Sometimes things on message boards don't come across as they were intended.

And yes, "calling out" does indicate that Billick was chastising the fans to alot of people, me included.

Either way, I don't think any fan is gonna sit and be quiet this Sunday.

The weather looks great, the team is poised to really make a great run, and the beer will be cold.

PP

I'm sneaking in a taser just to make sure the fans around me who don't post on this board MAKE SOME NOISE!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZAAPPOWW!!:D