Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And what Fox is doing is nothing different from all the other MSM outlets (if its accurate; I see you got your news from Media Matters again). First, O'Reilly and Hannity are opinion shows and, shocker, they lean right. Do you expect them to be cheerleaders for Obama? I would no sooner expect them to be pro-Obama then would expect Keith over at PMSNBC to be pro-GOP. See, that's the problem with Media Matters and you seen to fall for it -- they cooment on opinion based shows and say its a right-wing bias in news coverage. Even the MRC doesnt go that far. If anyone gets their news from these sources, they should shoot themselves in the face.
    I went to media matters one time in the past year to only post a link to the Chris Matthews - Scott Mcllelan interview. It was a convenient link.

Actually everything I posted earlier was from watching Fox. I do watch O'Reilly . Like I said elsewhere I watch Olberman at 10 and The Clown at 11.
    Mainly because I am interested in the process of message creation and that is what these outlets do rather brilliantly at times...I also find both of them pretty funny and entertaining after a long day before I snooze.

The problem is H.R. and I understand you see it for what it is but many don't. It is powerful stuff...ie..people are quoting Ludicrous lyrics now and thinking they are what Obama thinks. Bertjonesmyhero just did it. That is dangerous stuff and bad for american politics. It is one thing to watch it for entertainment but it is another thing to buy it hook line and sinker.

MSNBC is just as bad as fox.

.Second, I seem to recall Cheney being the victim of very similar gaffes by the MSM -- red x's over his face, the word Satan appearing under his picture, etc.
    except Cheney ain't running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The problem is H.R. and I understand you see it for what it is but many don't. It is powerful stuff...ie..people are quoting Ludicrous lyrics now and thinking they are what Obama thinks. Bertjonesmyhero just did it. That is dangerous stuff and bad for american politics. It is one thing to watch it for entertainment but it is another thing to buy it hook line and sinker.
    Nobody ever got poor underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

Of course it dangerous. But both sides do it. It's the nasty little secret in American politics -- going negative works! Sure, everyone who is polled says they don’t want a negative campaign but when it comes down to it, the negative stuff works -- always has, always will.

I could be wrong, but Bert was being a little sarcastic. I think he too understands that what is said on the opinion shows isn’t news.

Come on. He can do better then that.

No, Don't you see? He can't.

His campaign is a disaster. I expect Barack to really break away in September.

His upside is much higher than McCain. By a longshot. McCain will probably never pass 45-46%.

Does anybody expect McCain to catch fire in September or October? No. His only chance is a major gaffe by Obama, and squeeking out a small victory.

Obama has the chance to blow McCain out if he can prove, as McCain says, that he is ready.

Even McCain admits he sure as hell is beloved by the public enough.

His new ad campaign is almost more complementary of Obama. Obama is all smiles and has the whole world behind him.

Nice try McCain.:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by ChampRavens View Post
    His upside is much higher than McCain. By a longshot. McCain will probably never pass 45-46%.
    Really? What's an "upside" anyway? Maybe you can explain why they are tied then?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109219/Ga...e-Tied-44.aspx

Does anybody expect McCain to catch fire in September or October?
    Not anyone on your side.

His only chance is a major gaffe by Obama, and squeeking out a small victory
    See above. So why are they tied?

Obama is all smiles and has the whole world behind him
    Too bad for Obama only Americans do the voting.

Come on. He can do better then that.

No, Don't you see? He can't.

His campaign is a disaster. I expect Barack to really break away in September.

Does anybody expect McCain to catch fire in September or October? No. His only chance is a major gaffe by Obama, and squeeking out a small victory.

Obama has the chance to blow McCain out if he can prove, as McCain says, that he is ready.

Even McCain admits he sure as hell is beloved by the public enough.

His new ad campaign is almost more complementary of Obama. Obama is all smiles and has the whole world behind him.

Nice try McCain.:grbac:
    All that you say is true. The problem is the obama'a campaign currently is unable to deconstruct the arguments made by McCain's campaign. It was the same in 2004.

I have eons more respect for Obama than Kerry though and look for him to neutralize some of the negativity from McCains's side.

I believe the difference will be in the debates. I really don't see McCain intellectually holding up against Obama. Obama is too bright and McCain too old. You will see that difference, I believe.

Today Obama's campaign came out with the $1000 "energy rebate" in reaction to McCain's three days of attcking Obama's character. Interesting strategy but still the democratic way of taking the high road. I think Obama is going to have to become more negative about McCain...unfortunately.

I could be wrong, but Bert was being a little sarcastic. I think he too understands that what is said on the opinion shows isn’t news.
    one would hope.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

McCain is a bad candidate and running a poor campaign and yet Obama can't put any distance from him.

At which time, Barrack goes on to completely rock europe with a rousing speech on par with Kennedy and Reagan.
    LOL, please. What one-liner from this speech resonated like "Ich bin ein Berliner" or "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

You can pretend Obama is some great orator but his is a good speech-maker (he looks great in comparison to Bush and McCain) but get him off the teleprompter and he becomes a fumbling idiot.

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube...%3Dzz2nHgtMX-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igDoHZ0hVUY

http://thedemocraticdaily.com/2007/1...ts-on-clinton/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJLdE9DELs&NR=1

8. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

<<< I believe the difference will be in the debates. I really don't see McCain intellectually holding up against Obama. Obama is too bright and McCain too old. You will see that difference, I believe.

Repeating what Gerg said - Actually, JM is better in these settings. Obama has made many contradictory statements when going off his written speech.

Obama wins giving a speech. But McCain can debate and do the town hall dealio.

JM has run a shit ass campaign and is still in a dead heat. I know that has y'all whizzing on your birkenstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    JM has run a shit ass campaign and is still in a dead heat. I know that has y'all whizzing on your birkenstocks.
    Yes it does, for sure.

Reminds me of 2004, when my conny friends were so jazzed on Bush...thinking he was nothing short of the 2nd coming. Many debates back then. I couldn't understand what they saw other than he was GOP, and well, that's how they vote, and that somehow meant he was the right one. Of course none of those folks want to bring all that up again. Oh no...no 2004 discussions that have any sense of honesty in 2008. You all know the excuses by now. Poor decisions 4 years ago have without a doubt screwed things things up.

Now I see all of them again. McCain...McCain...he's the guy.

Knock...Knock... uh, yo..he kinda looks like the last guy. yeah?

The truth is america might not be ready for a black president...that conservative base doing it again. Just have to scare those good ol' boys.

Same thing for the next four years...pretty much 50/50 right now. Yeah, I don't own a pair of birkenstocks, never have but might be pissing on chacos hear real soon.

still waiting on McCain to say something impressive.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Reminds me of 2004, when my conny friends were so jazzed on Bush...thinking he was nothing short of the 2nd coming.
    What conservative was high on Bush in 2004? Most of us are pissed at him and those that voted for him (I went Badnarik) did so because Kerry was so horrible. Other than the sheen and glitz, Obama just might be worse than Kerry. That is how a bad candidate like McCain can run a mediocre campaign and be in a dead heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Other than the sheen and glitz
    Don't forget that Obama also parties with Britney and Paris and has Ludicrous in his "posse". We need to work hard at "reframing" popularity as a negative thing. McCain's campaign spent good money on those messages and want to make sure that everyone is on point as we draw closer to the election.

Will fox show ludicrous for the fourth straight night tonight? They scrolled it all weekend.