Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

I heard Susan Estredge say that even Dukakis was ahead by 20 points in the Summer of '88.

Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    I heard Susan Estredge say that even Dukakis was ahead by 20 points in the Summer of '88.
    Mondale was ahead at this point as well.

Im not going to say its an Obama win or lose. There are a thousand political lifetimes between now and November.

Looks like Rove must be back. It's a shame when politics and campaigning become what it has been for the past 3-4 days.

What does it say about the conservative base when McCain flashes images of Obama consecutively with Paris and Brittney and it "solidifies" the base?

When Faux news shows an image of Osama but "mistakenly" puts under the image the name of Obama and this "solidifies" the base?

When Hannity and Billo The Clown flash images for two nights in a row of Ludicrous and Obama and ramp of the language from really no connection at all to finally Ludicrous being part of Obama's circle...that Obama "surrounds" himself with these types? and that Obama might want to make the "white house black"?

Tweek that amygadala...scare the blue-collar republican base and the god-fearing ultra-right. Here we go again.

It will be interesting to see if the democrats respond differently this time. If not we will have four more years of rumbling....bumbling.....stumbling....

By the way, who is Laura Engram? Did they get rid of Annie in place of her? Boy, she even made Billo the clown look like an Obama sympathizer last night.

4. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

So portraying Obama as the empty suit he is is evil? But Obama playing race scare tactics with his def jam posse is just fine? Thank you Capt Kos. What's next-Cheering Bob Novak's brain tumor?

Obama's friends and admirer's list just keeps getting better.

New Ludacris Song:
    ... with a slot in the president's iPod Obama shattered 'em
    Said I handled his biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers

... Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant.

... paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
    McCain don't belong in ANY chair unless he's paralyzed

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/07...e=search_story

Nice to see the Obama campaign(Not Obama) has condemned the Ludacris song. Too bad he has had other photo ops praising the rapper and once claimed to have Ludacris in heavy rotation on his iPod. As usual, he wants it all ways.

And some wonder why race is becoming an issue? Heck of a way to sure up those middle aged women voters he needs in W Va and Penn. Those that voted for Clinton.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Politics: John McCain dares to suggest Barack Obama is all style and no substance, a celebrity like Britney Spears. Meanwhile, the post-racial candidate hits the GOP with the race card, baby, one more time.

... If this sounds familiar, it echoes remarks Obama made in Jacksonville, Fla., earlier this year. "We know what campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid," Obama said at a fundraiser. "They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced, and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"
    Obama is young and inexperienced. There will be no adoring crowds chanting his name at 3 a.m. in the White House. The real issue is not the color of Barack Obama's skin, but the thickness of it. If you can't stand the heat, put down the arugula and get out of the kitchen.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/I...amp;src=DMARTCL

Maybe he should clean up his own house first.

5. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

btw GS- Bill thanks you for watching.

No doubt the Brittney ad is horrible.

But the Ludacris stuff is just as bad -- and right out of the Clinton play book of having someone say the bad stuff so it can be denied / condemned.

And what Fox is doing is nothing different from all the other MSM outlets (if its accurate; I see you got your news from Media Matters again). First, O'Reilly and Hannity are opinion shows and, shocker, they lean right. Do you expect them to be cheerleaders for Obama? I would no sooner expect them to be pro-Obama then would expect Keith over at PMSNBC to be pro-GOP. See, that's the problem with Media Matters and you seen to fall for it -- they cooment on opinion based shows and say its a right-wing bias in news coverage. Even the MRC doesnt go that far. If anyone gets their news from these sources, they should shoot themselves in the face.

Second, I seem to recall Cheney being the victim of very similar gaffes by the MSM -- red x's over his face, the word Satan appearing under his picture, etc.

7. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

O'Reilly has been more then fair to Obama and Clinton before him. What Kos fan doesn't say is that he singled out Ingram and her weekly segment. She is a conservative. That just happened to be her slot.

Yea I know - We can't have that.
    The other night I was irked when the whole show was Obama fest '08.

And what is wrong with the JM Ad? It's about time he started calling the guy what he is- An empty suit.

O'Reilly has been more then fair to Obama and Clinton before him. What Kos fan doesn't say is that he singled out Ingram and her weekly segment. She is a conservative. That just happened to be her slot.

Yea I know - We can't have that.
    The other night I was irked when the whole show was Obama fest '08.

And what is wrong with the JM Ad? It's about time he started calling the guy what he is- An empty suit.
    I didnt mind the message -- but using that slut Brittney? Come on. He can do better then that.

Both, IMO, are empty suits so I am sitting back and laughing at the whole thing at this point.

9. Re: McCain keeps swinging and missing

To be fair and balanced, JM had plenty of cluster fucks this week.

Do Republicans Want to Win?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...115.guest.html

The WSJ asks:
    Is John McCain Stupid?
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1217...ays_columnists

But just read the above posts- The left won't admit faults for Lord Byron...errrr Obama.

So portraying Obama as the empty suit he is is evil? But Obama playing race scare tactics with his def jam posse is just fine? Thank you Capt Kos.
    Empty suit? Uh because? What? He wasn't shot down in a war? Or maybe because Obama might be popular? Geez...what a true roadblock to american imperialism if someone outside our borders actually LIKES our president. I would hate to have a chance for diplomacy with the war so popular threse days. So lets make a middle school popularity contest out of the campaign and see you takes the bait. Like I said...it is a shame that it is working so well

Def jam posse? please.

Obama's friends and admirer's list just keeps getting better.
    Again just evidence how an amydala-based campaign of fear is so effective on the easily susceptable. I give Rove full credit for being a genius. There is no way around that one.

"We know what campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid," Obama said at a fundraiser. "They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced, and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"
    And you rip him for predicting exactly what would happen? You are really just proving my point.

btw GS- Bill thanks you for watching.
    I am sure he does. If I have time I watch Olberman at 10 and The Clown at 11. More because I am interested in the process of message shaping and both of these outlets are used just for that.

But just read the above posts- The left won't admit faults for Lord Byron...errrr Obama.

That isn't true. Obama is starting to get ripped for trying to take the high road like Kerry did against the fear-based campaigning of the right. It didn't work then and it is not working now...at least the last three days or so.

If Rove was on the left he would start commenting on that mole on the right side of McCain's face, how his hands shake when he holds the mic and how his mind is so aged he can't even read his talking points without looking down at the cue cards.