Gonzales is a Dope

Back when this chump was appointed, I knew he was a loon. I didnt have anything to hang my hat on at the time, but there was something about him I could not stand.

Well, turns out the hairs on the back of my neck were accurate:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide

The more time that passes, the more accurate we can see the W presidency without the spin from both sides of punditry. I think it's safe to say W is going to get a solid grade of "D" for his appointments. For conservatives like myself, the only ones that were worth a damn were Alito and Roberts.

Re: Gonzales is a Dope

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Back when this chump was appointed, I knew he was a loon. I didnt have anything to hang my hat on at the time, but there was something about him I could not stand.
    Evidently one of the questions asked to employment candidates was "Why do you want to serve George Bush"?

I think at least Goodling faces perjury charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Evidently one of the questions asked to employment candidates was "Why do you want to serve George Bush"?

I think at least Goodling faces perjury charges.
    That struck me as uber-arrogant as well. Dont get me wrong, both sides do the political thing in hiring, but the hubris of Gonzales et all is downright staggering.

Probe: Justice Dept. Vetted Applicants for Political Views, Sexual Orientation

"An internal probe has found top Justice Department officials practiced routine political discrimination in hiring for top positions. Applicants were disqualified for everything from links to Democratic Party politics and rumors of being gay or lesbian. Less-experienced Republicans were given priority, including one lawyer who drew raves for his position on “god, guns and gays.” The report focuses on the conduct of senior aides to former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, including former top adviser Monica Goodling and former chief of staff Kyle Sampson. The officials relied on a White House internet search technique to vet the political views of potential employees. The aides searched for the applicants’ names, along with such key words as “abortion”, “homosexual”, “Florida recount” and “guns.”"

This and the senator from Alaska are really, really making the GOP look more like the PIG

Both sides have their dirty tricks -- dont try to suggest otherwise.

I seem to remember a certain Senator's (coughSchumercough) top aides hack into the credit reports for Lt. Gov Michael Steele during his Senate campaign.

As for Stevens, Im encouraged that the Bush Justice Dept isnt scared to investigate and try one of their own who maye be screwing around.

Doubtful we will see that type of action if Barry is elected.