Admin to Leave Behind Record Deficit

"Here in the United States, the Bush administration has admitted it will leave behind a record budget deficit of around $490 billion. The figure is more than $80 billion over President Bush’s forecast earlier this year. The projection is likely too small because the White House hasn’t requested war funding for the entire year."

Can't wait to here bitching when the next President has to raise taxes to balance Bush's (R) mess.

Re: Admin to Leave Behind Record Deficit

Yes, the deficit does indeed suck. All the more reason we do need a Balanced Budget Amendment similar to the one here in Texas and other states.

However, the lowering of taxes does not cause deficits. I am not surprised the left-leaner on these boards equates the two. By suggesting that a deficit is caused by a lack of revenue is the same thing as me saying Im $20,000,000 in the hole until I win the MegaMillions -- you dont count money you never had. Only the left thinks that my money is actually the Gubmints.

The past 10+ years, the Gubmint has had year upon year of record revenues. Deficits are caused by over-spending, something the GOP is every bit as guilty of as the Dems of the 90's.

Texas, and other states that do not have an income tax understand one basic concept -- the more money you and I have in our hands, the more we spend and thus the more the Gubmint makes.

We have the same social programs, roads, infrastructure, school systems, etc that the liberal blue states have. What we dont have are oppressive taxes. Instead we have an economy where both the people and the Gubmint benefit.

3. Re: Admin to Leave Behind Record Deficit

Enough blame for both parties on this one.

R's talk a good game, then spend too much as mentioned above.
    D's scream LOOK AT THE DEFICIT and then proceed to call for more spending programs.

Dennis Miller has a funny line about this: "Screw the deficit. It isn't like we owe real people that money. Don't pay 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    However, the lowering of taxes does not cause deficits. I am not surprised the left-leaner on these boards equates the two. By suggesting that a deficit is caused by a lack of revenue is the same thing as me saying Im $20,000,000 in the hole until I win the MegaMillions -- you dont count money you never had. Only the left thinks that my money is actually the Gubmints.
    I am not surprised that you project this thought onto my post. I never said anything about lowering taxes was the cause. I never suggested that the deficit is caused by a lack of revenue. Again, you consistently jump at these conclusions how you think all progressives think... You, being the one who always wants to believe the left to be a bumper-sticker mentality (probably because cheerleader Annie has taken up that cause), tend to demonstrate a very simply-bumper sticker understanding of the left.

I would attribute this budget problem to overspending not "under-taxing". Now the next president will have to solve this deficit left by Bush. I know wher I would start before taxes. Diplomacy is a lot cheaper than war. If you want to criticize my thinking, you will get more mileage there than the same old tired arguments about taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I am not surprised that you project this thought onto my post. I never said anything about lowering taxes was the cause. I never suggested that the deficit is caused by a lack of revenue. Again, you consistently jump at these conclusions how you think all progressives think... You, being the one who always wants to believe the left to be a bumper-sticker mentality (probably because cheerleader Annie has taken up that cause), tend to demonstrate a very simply-bumper sticker understanding of the left.

I would attribute this budget problem to overspending not "under-taxing". Now the next president will have to solve this deficit left by Bush. I know wher I would start before taxes. Diplomacy is a lot cheaper than war. If you want to criticize my thinking, you will get more mileage there than the same old tired arguments about taxes.
    Here are your words ....

"Can't wait to here bitching when the next President has to raise taxes to balance Bush's (R) mess."

Call me crazy, but that suggests the solution you suggest is raising taxes. In that sentence, you spell it out very clearly -- the next Pres "has to raise taxes to balance Bush's mess". Operative word being "has".

.... Or maybe I cant past my own bumper sticker?

6. Re: Admin to Leave Behind Record Deficit

Front of Yahoo:

• Both candidates' economic plans could increase deficit
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/anghcq5adqhu