Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Chris Redman out playing Matt Ryan

I found this article interesting.... FYI

On a typical training-camp day, backup Chris Redman, who a year ago was selling insurance, performed better than Ryan when you consider he connected on two excellent deep throws. After a bad back forced him out of football and his chance in Baltimore, Redman played well for the Falcons at the end of last season and he gives the team a cushion should they not want to start Ryan in the regular-season opener against Detroit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-bright-future

Re: OT: Chris Redman out playing Matt Ryan

Kinda like Boller outplaying Flacco?

PP

Boller has about a million games more starting experience than Redman, and Flacco wasn't the #3 overall pick who signed a $400 billion contract...

- C -

Well it shouldn't really be a surprise, given that Ryan is a rookie and Redman played pretty well last season:

89/149, 1079 yds, 10 TD, 5 INT for a 90.4 rating

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Boller has about a million games more starting experience than Redman, and Flacco wasn't the #3 overall pick who signed a $400 billion contract...

- C -
    So what?

The fact that Redman is outperforming Matt Ryan at this point in time isn't an indictment on Matt Ryan.

He's what, a week or so into his first training camp?

Are you saying that it's a surprise that this is the case or that Ryan has somehow not lived up to something?

The point is, almost every single rookie QB is gonna get outperformed in the first week of camp by a veteran.

Substitute Troy Smith for Boller in my post. Doesn't matter.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe
    The fact that Redman is outperforming Matt Ryan at this point in time isn't an indictment on Matt Ryan.

He's what, a week or so into his first training camp?
    Exactly -- I wish nothing but the best for Redman, but this is really a non-story on the last day of July. But if Redman can land the backup job to Ryan, that would be a pretty good gig for him, considering where's he's been the past few years.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

That's funny I was reading Ryan was doing great.I wouldn't trash him just yet.
    He is only taking his first baby steps into the pro game as are all rookie QB's.
    But I tell you what I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the kid was in a Ravens uniform.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

This is exactly what I want to bring up to all those haters who blast us for taking Flacco and not making the move to get Ryan...

at the end of the day, they're both rookie QBs with a lot to learn. Flacco is just a lot less expensive.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Redman has a good practice and all of a sudden he's better then Ryan?

Looks like we dont have the monopoly on arm chair QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by WinRavensWin View Post
    I found this article interesting.... FYI

On a typical training-camp day, backup Chris Redman, who a year ago was selling insurance, performed better than Ryan when you consider he connected on two excellent deep throws. After a bad back forced him out of football and his chance in Baltimore, Redman played well for the Falcons at the end of last season and he gives the team a cushion should they not want to start Ryan in the regular-season opener against Detroit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-bright-future
    I wish nothing but the Best for Chris.. he got jobbed here.. BB can kiss my

This may just be yet another name on the long list of QB carrers Billick killed. Redman was left for dead after losing the "competion" with a bad looking rookie Boller. Perhaps he can play, was a solid 3rd round pick and should have gotten a little more of a look.

Grback, Cunningham, McNair all came here off probowl type seasons or borderline HOF level carreers, and Brian succesfully choked the life out of all of them.
    Dilfer even looked much more productive as the starter in Seatle for that first season.

I bet that Devard Darling will be another Brandon Stokley now that he is outside the profile.
    I would not be suprised if Musa Smith has a huge year with the Jets behind Fanneca also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    This may just be yet another name on the long list of QB carrers Billick killed. Redman was left for dead after losing the "competion" with a bad looking rookie Boller. Perhaps he can play, was a solid 3rd round pick and should have gotten a little more of a look.

Grback, Cunningham, McNair all came here off probowl type seasons or borderline HOF level carreers, and Brian succesfully choked the life out of all of them.
    Dilfer even looked much more productive as the starter in Seatle for that first season.

I bet that Devard Darling will be another Brandon Stokley now that he is outside the profile.
    I would not be suprised if Musa Smith has a huge year with the Jets behind Fanneca also.
    You just can't help yourself can you?

It's all Brian Billick's fault?

Did you watch Chris Redman play in the 2003 game vs St. Louis? The dude got hurt and was out of football for years. How did Billick ruin him?
    Now you are just making stuff up. Cunningham was coming off a probowl type season?

No.

Grbac came in, the team went 10-6, and won a road playoff game. We had Terry Allen and Jason Brookins as the RBs. Is it his fault Jamal went down in camp?

McNair wasn't NEAR probowl form when he came in. Good god man.

Grbac is borderline HOF? That's a joke right? Cunningham was OLD and clearly nothing close to what he was. The most ironic part of your assertion is that Billick was Cunninghams OC during his most prolific year. Which again leads to the point that it's all about talent on the field. You telling me Brian Billick just forgot how to run an offense? No. Cunninham wasn't nearly the same in 01 as 98 and the talent he had surrounding him was laughable.

Dilfer was a crappy QB. Why didn't anyone bang his door down when he left here? Stokely goes to Indy with Manning and all those weapons and is a complimentary guy. Great. Good for him. He's always hurt and Ozzie didn't sign him.

Now he misused Musa Smith?

LOL.

You're gonna be sorely disappointed when you see what the real problem with this offense is because it's still here.

PP