Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bush White house admits to feeding Fox News Talking points.

I guess that settles the question of whether Faux News was "fair and balanced" or Pravda?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#25855336

Re: Bush White house admits to feeding Fox News Talking points.

As if Olberman isnt biased? Please.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

And Clinton fed many pieces to media outlets as well. It has been happening since Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And Clinton fed many pieces to media outlets as well. It has been happening since Washington.
    Yeah but he never had an entire news organization on the payroll. That is truly something out of the soviet era.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

LOL, Clinton had the whole rest of the media, FDR had ALL OF THE MEDIA, as did JFK. PUH-LEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yeah but he never had an entire news organization on the payroll. That is truly something out of the soviet era.
    You may be right. Bush may have one entire news orginization on the payroll.

The Dems enjoy every other new organization. They have score board on the GOP when it come to communist tactics.

Forgive us but we're new to propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You may be right. Bush may have one entire news orginization on the payroll.

The Dems enjoy every other new organization. They have score board on the GOP when it come to communist tactics.

Forgive us but we're new to propaganda.
    While it appears that the democrats enjoy a liberal media - although CBS has apologized for editing the McCain botched surge answer, clearly in favor of him when they could have made him look really bad - no one has come out and said that democrats prepare "talking points" for the media without disclosing that context.

McClellan coming out and explicitly stating that they prepared statments for fox and fox read them without contexualizing them as a "press release" or official statement of the president is very different than a liberal media choosing to cover Obama's european/middle east tour more than McCain's weekly bushisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    While it appears that the democrats enjoy a liberal media - although CBS has apologized for editing the McCain botched surge answer, clearly in favor of him when they could have made him look really bad - no one has come out and said that democrats prepare "talking points" for the media without disclosing that context.

McClellan coming out and explicitly stating that they prepared statments for fox and fox read them without contexualizing them as a "press release" or official statement of the president is very different than a liberal media choosing to cover Obama's european/middle east tour more than McCain's weekly bushisms.
    When I volunteered for the Clinton campaign back in early and mid 1992, I was working out of the DC campaign office stuffing envelopes, making calls, etc. I even have a signed letter from Willy hanging in my office, thanking me for my support.

Reporter after reporter would either call or actually stop by and the spinners would hand them talking points about Clinton's affairs. Not too surprising, those same talking points would show up right on the front page of the NY Times, The Post et all.

Read Bernard Goldberg's "Bias" when you get the chance. He talks about that very same tactic being employed by the MSM. Goldberg was a former news guy at CBS, is a long time Dem and recent Hillary supporter.

To say only the GOP is guilty of this is disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When I volunteered for the Clinton campaign back in early and mid 1992, I was working out of the DC campaign office stuffing envelopes, making calls, etc. I even have a signed letter from Willy hanging in my office, thanking me for my support.

Reporter after reporter would either call or actually stop by and the spinners would hand them talking points about Clinton's affairs. Not too surprising, those same talking points would show up right on the front page of the NY Times, The Post et all.

Read Bernard Goldberg's "Bias" when you get the chance. He talks about that very same tactic being employed by the MSM. Goldberg was a former news guy at CBS, is a long time Dem and recent Hillary supporter.

To say only the GOP is guilty of this is disingenuous.
    Really this post is more about fox than the GOP. Fox goes long and hard about being "fair and balanced". Most people outside of those who have been seriously "neoconned" don't see fox as fair and balanced...especially during the evening hours when most people watch fox. For there to be strong evidence that the bush side hand fed fox stories without some type of context or disclosure only confirms what most already knew. That is all this post is really about.

Of course reported line up with politicians with stories and each side has their spin. I think this is different than that though.

10. Re: Bush White house admits to feeding Fox News Talking points.

Good lord Keith needs professional help. O'Reilly and FOX have slowly driven him insane.

He can a afford a 4 week stay to get stabilized on a Zol0ft/Lithium cocktail.

Would he even have a show without FOX? I know a die hard Keith watcher and even she agrees he is off the deep end at this point.

11. Re: Bush White house admits to feeding Fox News Talking points.

<<< don't see fox as fair and balanced...especially during the evening hours when most people watch fox.

Baloney. Fox constantly comes out on top of fairness studies. First off-Do you know the difference between news and opinion? Lets take the evening. 6p is Brit Hume. Straight news by a top notch news person for 30 minutes. The second half is indeed a panel of Conservative commentators. They don't claim it isn't. The middle chair is always a Liberal.

Shep Smith - Straight news.

O'Reilly. Despite what you think of him personally, always has pundits from both sides.

H&C's- One of each.

So save us The Kos dramatics. There is a reason they blow the competition out of the water in ratings. Because the other places have nuts like Keith going insane on the air.

12. Re: Bush White house admits to feeding Fox News Talking points.

O'Reilly just blew this nonsense out of the water. Pretty comically I might add.