Thread: Camp Injuries

Camp Injuries

The Ravens placed safety Ed Reed (undisclosed), receiver Demetrius Williams (lower left leg), tight end Daniel Wilcox (offseason toe surgery) and cornerback David Pittman (undisclosed) on the physically unable to perform list.

The team also designated cornerbacks Chris McAlister and Fabian Washington and fullback Le’Ron McClain on the non-football injury list.
    If these players remain on the lists at the start of the regular season, they will have to miss the first six games.

The other players absent were defensive end-linebacker Terrell Suggs (protesting franchise tag) and cornerback Samari Rolle (father’s death).

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...t_of_camp.htmlThe running back group was hit with a couple of injuries to backups.
    P.J. Daniels went down about an hour into practice and walked off the field grimacing in pain. He did not return.

Cory Ross then injured his left arm and had it wrapped in ice for the remainder of practice.

At the end of practice, fullback Justin Green left the field with cramps.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor..._injuries.html

God..please God...keep these guys healthy for the regular season!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Camp Injuries

If we only had a coach that didn't have our players practice so hard!

Keep in mind that the team could be using the PUP to evaluate extra players. There are roster limitations even in camp. Placing these vets on PUP (in some cases to leverage a loophole) gives the club time to test unproven talent without violating roster limits. PUP players don't count against the roster.

I don't expect most of these guys to stay on PUP very long.

Am I right in thinking that Williams was hampered by a leg injury in mini-camps? He needs time in camp so would I be not too far off the target in assuming that he's having trouble shaking that injury?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Keep in mind that the team could be using the PUP to evaluate extra players. There are roster limitations even in camp. Placing these vets on PUP (in some cases to leverage a loophole) gives the club time to test unproven talent without violating roster limits. PUP players don't count against the roster.

I don't expect most of these guys to stay on PUP very long.
    Yeah I was thinking this too, and it seems to me like there are a lot of clubs placing a bunch of guys on PUP around this time (Pats have 12!!!).

No one's griping much about the 80 man limit this year, and this is probably why. Pretty much every team has a dozen vets that don't really need to be at the first week or two of camp, so PUP 'em and use the freed up space to evaluate a bunch of guys you'd likely be cutting in a few days anyway...

- C -

Blog Entries

Ross was in the thick of practices this afternoon...Reed just looked weakened...he was walking gingerly and just kind of standing around on the sideline. Green was back in practice too.

I nearly fainted when one of the defenders ran into Heap on a play...he went down, laid on the ground for a minute, then popped back up, but I was so sure that was it, he'd be injured.

In other camp news, Troy Smith must have the respect of the team. Reitz and Stills got into a shoving match and Troy jumped between them...BOTH of them had nearly a half foot on Troy, but they both backed off immediately.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!